Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breville Blend Active Blender (NOT Nutribullet, but kinda like similar)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Got one of these last time they were on the board. :)

Works great. Recommend the two-bottle model.

Just remember to start off by putting in some liquid (water, OJ etc) to start, otherwise you just get mush which is hard to pour. :cool:

Better than paying €99+ for a Bullet. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

These are bloody fantastic, my health crazes usually only last 2 weeks, I have this since start of December and use it everyday. Love it.

Does anyone know if you can buy spare bottles? I keep leaving mine in work then I cant make one at home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

I saw some mention in Amazon QA page about Breville selling spare bottles for £10 each. At that price, you are probably better off buying a new blender from Amazon as it comes with two bottles! :)

I have had this for a few weeks now, and I am pleased with it over all. I personally found out that I quickly ran out of the initial hype as I soon realised I really prefer munching on carrots and apples than trying to 'wash them down' blended. But it really works to make nice frothy drinks even with most ordinary stuff, for instance the typical protein powder + milk drink is now doubly awesome when you give it quick blast on this blender. Honey and yogurt based shakes are also coming out really nice. Strong veggies & fruits seems to leave more bitty texture.. so my 4 year old is not so keen, but everyone else finds them very drinkable. Over all it's very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Something similar in Aldi at the moment, comes with two bottles 19.99euro, 3 year warranty.
    Bought one myself but haven't got around to using it yet.
    On the phone so can't post a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Out of stock everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Something similar in Aldi at the moment, comes with two bottles 19.99euro, 3 year warranty.
    Bought one myself but haven't got around to using it yet.
    On the phone so can't post a link.

Looks exactly the same, so close in design it probably has to be a rebadged Breville. 3 year warranty too.

W03_PD_Sunday_UL6_1671d7f7bb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Yep I posted the Aldi one here a few days ago. My mother bought one and it doesn't blend bigger/chunkier fruits as well as my Kenwood Smoothie2Go. Grand if you don't mind chopping things up finely before putting them in. The thinness of the bottle doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I have a reservation for Waterford City if anyone wants it. I bought the Amazon one instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Got the Aldi version which they are selling now for 20 euro with two bottles and also has a 300w motor. It's working grand on ice, frozen fruit and relatively large chunks of apples and carrots. We'll see in a month if I'm still as interested. Can't see why anyone would pay the price for the Nutribullet when you've a lot of good alternatives at 20-30 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Hi Guys

I got one in my local Centra for € 30.00 it was a Russell Hobbs Mix & Go with 2 drinkers , came with a 3 year warranty .
    Works great with fruit ,ice and i mixed some veg into one of the drinks , as another poster said make sure you add water , Juice or ice .
    Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Just ran out to Aldi Roxboro road, Limerick and grabbed the last blue one. 2 pink left. Will probably be gone sharpish tomorrow though.

Looking forward to using it. 20 euro is a great deal and the motor seems quite capable.

Out of stock everywhere!

Don't buy Argos version - it comes with just one bottle. Amazon and Aldi versions comes with two bottles as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Had been eyeing these type of blenders up for a while but a boardsie posted about the Aldi one so i made sure i was up and in to Aldi first thing Sun morning. Haven't used it yet. Will see how i get on with it and might upgrade to a higher motor version if needed. Can't go wrong for 20euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

got the aldi one yesterday.
    made a cracking smoothie tonight with frozen fruit milk and veggies, nice and smooth, as good as our larger (more powerful) blender

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

thanks. Just snapped one up on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I giggled :D

From Amazon:

Q: Is it any good for milkshakes?

A: Yes. Be careful though as it will bring all the boys to the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Diego Murphy

They had these in debenhams before Xmas with two Bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Got one of these last week, its awesome. real easy to clean and no mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Would they be any good for blending the bejesus out of food for a baby?

Like a Sunday roast or foie gras?

No, not unless your baby wouldn't mind his/her dinner very watery. These are 600 ml bottlrs, and the ingredients blend best with some liquid. A simple hand blender worked well for us for baby food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

positron wrote: »
    No, not unless your baby wouldn't mind his/her dinner very watery. These are 600 ml bottlrs, and the ingredients blend best with some liquid. A simple hand blender worked well for us for baby food.

borat-thumbs-up-very-nice.jpg

Muchos grathyas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

positron wrote: »

Amazon are doing a 'family pack' includes 2 600ml and 2 300ml bottles for £30

link

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

have an Argos reservation code for 2 of these for crescent shopping centre limerick if anyone wants them pm me. valid until close of business today !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I have the Amazon one with two bottles that I bought about six months ago. Great gadget, very easy and quick to use. Great for a quick breakfast if you're in a hurry!

NATLOR wrote: »
    Amazon are doing a 'family pack' includes 2 600ml and 2 300ml bottles for £30

link

True. However I wonder if it would work trying to scoop out baby food from the bottom of a bottle.

These might be easier for that task:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Minipro-Multi-Function-Chopper-Watt/dp/B00ABBR4Q6/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen-appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1421146222&sr=1-4&keywords=Tefal
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-CH180-Mini-Chopper-White/dp/B0000C6WPC/ref=sr_1_9?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1421146381&sr=1-9&keywords=kenwood+mixer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

Has anyone tried raw vegetables in these?

Yes, I have tried raw carrots. It can handle it, although it came out a bit "bitty" (not silky smooth, sorry about the technical terminology!)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Tried mine(from Aldi) this morning and it didn't blend kale well. Very bitty even tho i chopped before blending. Will try other veggies and see if it does a better job. Maybe I'm not blending long enough? Any good sites for recipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Tried mine(from Aldi) this morning and it didn't blend kale well. Very bitty even tho i chopped before blending. Will try other veggies and see if it does a better job. Maybe I'm not blending long enough? Any good sites for recipes?

I've tried a few from this site,50 recipes in total,a pretty good variety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

So in your opinon what is the best blender to get for vegetables such as carrots?

I have a Kenwood smoothie junior with a year or so, great for things like blueberries, raspberries and Ice cubes, but I chucked a load of greens in there before and it could not handle it.

Thanks

Advertisement