Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brendan O'Connor appreciation thread.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Comes across as a nice man ,but i would not be taking any financial advice from him .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anyone who seems to have met him says he's a really nice guy. Maybe a lot of the hatred stems from the legendary Irish talking about people behind their back syndrome. "The homicidal bithchin that goes down in every kitchen"

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

He is a nice man ,a very very nice man .Even his farts smell of perfume .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Brendan O Connor..., I was trying to figure out was this the guy from the chat show or the guy who produced a sitcom in the 70s that is only getting viewed now.
    I'm still undecided but either way he sucks balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A niteclub bouncer with the ability to read and write.

His attempts at jokes on the sat night show are cringeworthy, either canned laughter or the audience was paid to laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 the ax murderer

Birneybau wrote: »
    He sir, is worse than Hitler. And by he, I mean the pair of them.

You wouldn't see Hitler playing jungle music at 3 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

His attempts at jokes on the sat night show are cringeworthy, either canned laughter or the audience was paid to laugh.

You have no sense of humour whatsoever. Maybe toilet humour is your thing? I think Brendan is extremely funny and quick witted. His timing is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

You have no sense of humour whatsoever. Maybe toilet humour is your thing? I think Brendan is extremely funny and quick witted. His timing is perfect.

Actually, you're both correct.

I inevitably have to switch the channel during O'Connor's 'jokey' introduction, lest the ground should open and swallow me. Canned humour, as whisky_galore says. Should be ditched.

But his quick, off-the-cuff wit during his interviews is genuinely funny, sometimes controversial, and always a welcome change from overly-prepared exchanges that usually characterise RTE's live programming (e.g. Tubs)

Advertisement