Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goddaughter -> Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

My 3yo still loves Each Peach Pear Plum- for him it's all about finding the 'hidden' characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Okay so I'll get Each Peach Pear Plum - looking online it seems to be aimed at the 3+ age range.
    What do I get the girl - do I get the far flap book or go for one of those touch and feel books?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Spots first Christmas is a nice lift the flap book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Okay so I'll get Each Peach Pear Plum - looking online it seems to be aimed at the 3+ age range.
    What do I get the girl - do I get the far flap book or go for one of those touch and feel books?

I would say each peach pear plum is more suitable for the younger child rather than a 3 year old.

I would say each peach pear plum is more suitable for the younger child rather than a 3 year old.

Got EPPP in the shop and that is what she said there too. But the selection for him didn't look good. WTF can I get at short notice!?!:eek:

Argghhh!!!!

I did notice this book, but was not sure if it was too faffy: http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/book/1~EY~A~8843/peep-inside-the-farm.aspx

I was told the sensory ones (Thats not my Tiger etc.) are for babies and not for 18mths and older.

I would have liked to have got an educational one, but I didn't see any suitable ones. Ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Got EPPP in the shop and that is what she said there too. But the selection for him didn't look good. WTF can I get at short notice!?!:eek:

Argghhh!!!!

I did notice this book, but was not sure if it was too faffy: http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/book/1~EY~A~8843/peep-inside-the-farm.aspx

I was told the sensory ones (Thats not my Tiger etc.) are for babies and not for 18mths and older.

I would have liked to have got an educational one, but I didn't see any suitable ones. Ideas?

Any picture story book. The gruffalo, owl babies, farmer duck, before you sleep, how to catch a star, a book of bedtime stories, a book of nursery rhymes. For an older child it's easy!

Yep there are so many books suitable for 3 year olds. Also, a lot of 2 and 3 year olds love stickers! You could then them a sticker activity book. Loads of nice ones around for between €3-6. The 3 year old would love it.

Thanks - I did see the Gruffalo in the shop. I presume these are books that the parent would read to the 3yo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks - I did see the Gruffalo in the shop. I presume these are books that the parent would read to the 3yo?

Yeah a 3 year old wouldn't be doing much reading on their own. Any of those similar picture books are great for parents to read to them. As Sligo says they have the books memorised after a while and join in reading that way but generally if the pictures are interesting and there's stuff to point at and talk about you can't go wrong. They span a good age range so would last the kid a few years too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Maurice Sendak is amazing for that age- Where the Wild Things Are is a classic.

• Advertisement

Sorted now - see you all again around this time next year :D

Seriously many thanks for all the help - it is appreciated.

Hi,

Well the books went down a treat - they love them. Actually the 3yo is now turning 3(I was a year out!).

He is now turning three so I need to get a birthday for a party we are all invited to. What is the procedures here? What small thing do I get a 3yo boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Puzzle/book/toy cars/tractor. I know anything with wheels are an instant hit with my 3 and 1/2 year old nephew.

Was thinking of a colouring in book - are they too young for those?

More books! Or Thomas the tank engine trains, trucks or cars.

Are there any more to follow up Each Peach Pear Plum - or was it a one off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Are there any more to follow up Each Peach Pear Plum - or was it a one off?

They (Janet and Allan Ahlberg) wrote a lot of other books and they're all lovely!

My little boy loves Each Peach Pear Plum and we have Peepo too that he also enjoys so that might be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Oh and The Jolly Postman is meant to be lovely too, my friend's daughter love is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Was thinking of a colouring in book - are they too young for those?

Well he'll scribble in it and make different colour squiggles. He might make a little mark and tell you it's a fish or he might pretend he's writing his name.I don't think they're ever too young.He's not going to colour inside the lines but he'll enjoy it none the less.

Ended up getting him an educational jigsaw to help him count. Hopefully it will be okay.

• Advertisement

Back again :D

Goddaughter is now 2yo. What should I get her for her birthday? I've got a few weeks so want to get this tied up early. Not sure of budget - probably £10 - definitely no more than £20.

I wonder if I can keep this thread going until she is 18 :)

Anyone? It's getting close and I've no ideas :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Anyone? It's getting close and I've no ideas :(

How much do you get on with the parents? My daughter loved this helicopter from tesco when she was two. Still does, and now her baby sister plays with it too. It's noisy though, and lights up.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271204892

We get on well - see them quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

My two year old is peppa mad. How about a peppa pig dress? Or ask if they have a cake sorted?? Offer to pay for that??

I think I seen her wearing Gruffalo wellies. I wonder if the books would be apt for her?

I'd buy clothes, but I'm not sure about style and whether it matches the parents 'ideals'. The cake would have been a good idea other than her mum is a bit of a Mary Berry! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I think I seen her wearing Gruffalo wellies. I wonder if the books would be apt for her?

I'd buy clothes, but I'm not sure about style and whether it matches the parents 'ideals'. The cake would have been a good idea other than her mum is a bit of a Mary Berry! :D

If she is wearing gruffalo wellies, she has the book.

pwurple wrote: »
    If she is wearing gruffalo wellies, she has the book.

:( Bollox!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Mrspostman posted this in the toddler bargain thread. We got it for my 2 year old god-daughter and she loves it:

http://www.mothercare.ie/toys-gifts/music-learning/magnetic-playcentre-blue.html

• Advertisement

I'm thinking now of a scribbler. I looked at Kittens link, but its £25 up here and I found a scribbler, but its reviews were not great. Any suggestions.

http://www.elc.co.uk/Super-Scribbler---Pink/133143,default,pd.html

Although both are for 3+. She will be 2.:confused:

I need to get a girlfriend to sort this stuff out for me.:P

Advertisement