Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of Transfers and hits?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Rank 3,100
    Total Transfers 19. 4 Hits (-4, -4, -4 and -8) all in the last 6 weeks. In those 6 weeks i have moved from 11k to 3.1k overall

The minus 8 last week actually brought me a net gain of 15pts in the gameweek and even more when you see that i captained one of my Transfers in (hazard) for 28 total. My next best captain option would have got me 18pts so I gained at least 25pts as a direct result of the -8 hit.

Other weeks I have made no immediate gain on the actual GW (e.g. GW 11 my -4 was Sterling to Downing.) Sterling gained 1 point on Downing in GW 11 (4pts to 3pts) but since then Downing has outscored Sterling 26pts to 16pts so the -4 has been worth it in the long run. (the other transfer that week was Moreno to Chambers and Chambers has outsocred him by 13 to 9 since then).

What I have learned in the last 6 GWs is that it is worth taking hits in both the long and short term if there is soemthing wrong in your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

16 transfers. 2 hits for at total -8

WC played

OR 660

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right.

As of my post and with a friend of mine, my missus and my own figures, out of 27 boardsies the average transfers made is 20.6, which represents about 1.4 transfers per GW (I counted 15 GWs since there are no transfers for GW1 - it goes up to about 1.5/GW if I only count 14 GWs assuming everyone played its WC ;)).

So. I'm below average here.
    19 transfers. 1 8 pts hit, 3 4 pts hits.
    Overall rank 96k though don't think it has any relation to the topic, my bad enough ranking is 99% due to my many captain failures :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Exactly. No rule that can really be applied.

As I said I took hits early on for the wrong reasons and they didn't work out. My main philosophy now is that as its important to keep your team from falling into disrepair with too many non performing players losing you both points and value, then if there is a strategic change you want to make (e.g. getting a City defender instead of Chambers last week) and you spot a situation where you may be able to make that change for a hit that has a high probability of also regaining the -4 quickly then that's the right time to take a hit.

Just always remember that a - 4 is a -4 no matter what spin you put on it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Some amount of people in here ranked in or around the top couple of thousand overall.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember this many being ranked so high in the last couple of seasons.

Really seems to have been an exceptional year so far for the forum as a whole. Long may it last.

I wonder how many non posters are dipping in and out of here and benefiting from the information available?

Sh!tloads I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

G1032 wrote: »
    Some amount of people in here ranked in or around the top couple of thousand overall.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember this many being ranked so high in the last couple of seasons.

Really seems to have been an exceptional year so far for the forum as a whole. Long may it last.

I wonder how many non posters are dipping in and out of here and benefiting from the information available?

Sh!tloads I'd say!

I must be a dud at the game,more of a casual player than serious but do follow the forum here intermittently....didnt have a great start...that's what I blame my 250k rank on...and a few poor captaincy wks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

19 transfers and I've taken 5 points hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I must be a dud at the game,more of a casual player than serious but do follow the forum here intermittently....didnt have a great start...that's what I blame my 250k rank on...and a few poor captaincy wks.

can be very hard when you get off to a slow start alright. all the same 250k is by no means bad, it's still well above average, and we're not even half-way through the season

as regards hits they can work out, or not, simple as. my (well publicized ;)) -16pt hit a few weeks ago has seen me rise 15k places since (and i didn't even have Aguero the gameweek of the hit - he scored 2 assisted 1 and was captained by many). points hits are a gamble, but ultimately you have to act quick to keep up in this game, and taking the odd hit will often be part of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Having my best season yet and I've taken one hit all year.. Looks like that might be two this weekend though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

20 transfers made and 6 hits (-24) and rank of 45k. I'm being a bit more conservative this year, last year I ended up making 53 transfers with 18 hits (-72) finishing 6k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm just hoping this place wears off on me. Currently 154k, highest ever finish in 7 seasons was 237k.

I'd say it's demoralizing if you're measuring yourself against this place, but in my money league it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Having my best season too. Was in the top 40k after GW12 but poor run of form has me in 90k now. I've taken a lot of hits, 26 transfers and 1 WC (one -8pt hit and the rest -4pt hits). The vast majority of my transfers have worked out well this season thankfully (most notably bringing Chamber in for his 18pt haul :P).

Edit: Wow, that's -40pts I've taken in hits :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just always remember that a - 4 is a -4 no matter what spin you put on it ha.

Yer good at the oul FPL an all, but leave the maths to the professionals my friend!

Math-Geek-Shirt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

36 transfer points and below the top 400 rank at the time of writing,

If you think you have the knowledge/homework done take the hit.

Ask will it benefit the team in the long run? 4-5 gameweeks. Two gameweeks at least!

As long as you think that the cumulative transfers in will give you a profit in points compared to the ones you transferred out go for it.

anything above -8 is really pushing it better to wildcard where a -12 hit is needed.

It keeps the team fresh and keeps you ahead of the pack if done right.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ask will it benefit the team in the long run? 4-5 gameweeks. Two gameweeks at least!
    Yeah I think you need to be thinking 4/5 gameweeks really. No matter how good someone is, there's no such thing as a season keeper. Few months ago I would have thought Aguero, Siggy, Costa, Cesc were in my team to stay, all gone now.

4/5 weeks at a time, who knows how a team will be playing after that. 4/5 weeks is plenty to make back a -4, then move on if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I've 23 transfers and 8 hits. Seems bad on the face of it but after starting out poor enough It's been all green arrows except for 1 GW and I am up to 45,000. Finished in the top 3,000 last year so hoping for a repeat performance.

Also still have my wildcard available to me

Advertisement