Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of Transfers and hits?

Options
  • 16-12-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭

Personally think I have had too many transfers this season....27 at this stage.
    Have taken around 8 hits,and those 32 pts would have me in top 50 k territory...am around 250 k at mo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

Have taken around 8 hits,and those 32 pts would have me in top 50 k territory...am around 250 k at mo.

20 transfers....5 hits and inside the top 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

17 transfers, 3 hits and in the top 1k.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

10k. 11 hits for -44.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

24 transfers, 4 hits: -8, -8, -4, and -16 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

You can't look at it as simply as that though. Sure the hits cost you 32 points, but how many extra points have you gained due to having better (in theory!) players? You might actually be in a lower position if you hadn't taken the points hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rank is 8,700k

25 transfers total, 11 hits with Max -8

Edit....incorrect rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

dahat wrote: »
    Rank is 8700k

25 transfers total, 11 hits with Max -8

Ouch... Was your team hacked ? There are only just a little bit less than 3390k players :D :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

17 transfers, only one hit (-4) so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

23 transfers and 40 point hits

17 transfers, 3 hits (-12)

@Ziegler, how have you also made 17 transfers but only 1 hit?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

17 transfers, 3 hits (-12)

@Ziegler, how have you also made 17 transfers but only 1 hit?!

Ooh yeah, my bad. 16 transfers with the one I've made this GW included in that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

21 transfers. 7 hits. -28
    Overall rank 343

Started off poorly and tried to be too clever re hits/team value and it didn't work out. Took 4 hits GW 2-4 totaling -16 and maybe 1 was worth it.

So played wildcard in week 5 to sort things out and team value and rank has been steadily improving since.

No more hits till week 13 but have taken a -4 in 3 of the last 4 weeks. However I'd say all have paid off, 2 immediately as in gained points for the week, the other was to get RVP in week 14 which has paid off in spades from week 15 onwards.

Even including the two or three silly ones at the start I'm considerably more than 28 pts better off overall I reckon.

There is no hard and fast rule for hits, depends on where your team finds itself, and on the players involved outwards and inwards. I'd never bring somebody in for a hit just to try and score more that one week though. It's all about timing, and, for me, less about gaining immediate points, but rather timing it right so you can effectively get to make a second free transfer to keep shape on (and form players in) your team. Kompany (who I wanted anyway) in rather than play Dummett last week was a good example of that. The subsequent injury was unfortunate and doesn't change the logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Total transfers 17.

Three individual 4 point hits:

GW2's hit was Dzeko to Costa, that was worth it.

GW3's hit was Costa to Aguero, think it was the time of Jose's misleading chat about Costas injury, of course he played and scored 2. Got him back in on WC the following week.

Third hit was this week just gone (16), Chambers out for Kompany and now I gotta move him on too.

Overall rank, 1651.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

20 transfers including this week
    5 hits, all since GW 11
    Just inside 17k place
    Wildcard played

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

17 transfers including this week, just the 2 hits ( -8), wildcard played.

7,859 place overall, maybe I am a bit conservative when I look at FHFC hits and overall position!

Hackers wrote: »
    17 transfers including this week, just the 2 hits ( -8), wildcard played.

7,859 place overall, maybe I am a bit conservative when I look at FHFC hits and overall position!

Ziegler is the approx the same ranking as FHFC, and has taken 1 hit! That's the beauty of the game - there's no right or wrong approach.

The important thing is to understand when it's a good time to take a hit and when not to.

Ooh yeah, my bad. 16 transfers with the one I've made this GW included in that number.

Ah makes sense - I thought I was doing something horribly wrong! I haven't made a transfer yet this week, so will be up to 18. Maybe even 19 for my 4th hit of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

26 transfers and 11 hits.... inside top 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've taken hits 4 weeks in a row...
    GW13 to get in Baines
    GW14 to get in Hazard
    GW15 to ditch Baines (and spend the extra $)
    GW16 to ditch Aguero (and spend the extra $)

Looks like this week I can do a one-for-one with Dzeko to someone, or take another -4 to get RVP.

2 points on this...
    • One thing I used to get hung up on was "did the -4 repay itself that week". Way I see it now, you need to look longer term. If the -4 you got in pays you back the following week, then that still counts, assuming you didn't have a spare transfer the following week. So even though Terry did nothing for me in GW15, he got me 8 in GW16, so Terry (2+8-4) trumps Baines (2+1) for example.
    • I hate leaving money go to waste when you know you can use it. If I have the chance to downgrade Yaya to Eriksen and upgrade Lukaku to RVP, I'd much prefer to go Yaya/Lukaku - Eriksen/RVP in one week (with a -4) rather than go Yaya/Lukaku - Eriksen/Lukaku - RVP/Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

18 transfers so far including 4 hits for -16. I don't seem to remember taking any hits in previous seasons, I think as a point of principle. But I've come to the conclusion that there's definitely a time and a place. Overall I'd say the hits I've taken so far have probably not gained me any points short term but have definitely left the squad in better shape over the medium term. Lying at ~11k at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Fair point, has me considering a hit now in defence as currently have Chambers, Bertrand & Duff there that could all do with an upgrade and I have 3.8M in the bank!
    Ziegler is the approx the same ranking as FHFC, and has taken 1 hit! That's the beauty of the game - there's no right or wrong approach.

The important thing is to understand when it's a good time to take a hit and when not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭cdev

25 transfers (-48 points)
    Wildcard Played
    Inside top 1k

I try to look at "hits" like an investment (a risky one at times).
    Been playing FPL for 8 years and am a self-confessed transferaholic. I can't be rehabilitated at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

28 transfers
    12 points hits.

That includes my 2 transfers in this week which were for a 4 point hit, so assuming I don't make another transfer this week, and subtracting wildcard week and week 1 when all transfers are free and not counted, that leaves me on an average of approx 1.86 transfers a week.

I'm a bit of a transfer maniac by nature, but this year, I've had a higher number than normal forced upon me. 2 of my weeks have involved 4 transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Exactly. The RIGHT hit is worth it.

Of course, deciding what is the right hit is the difficult part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm pretty conservative a couple of years ago I took one hit all season but after a run of injuries the like I have never endured before I have had to take 7 hits 22 transfers total dropped a good bit the last two weeks currently 48k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Exactly. No rule that can really be applied.

As I said I took hits early on for the wrong reasons and they didn't work out. My main philosophy now is that as its important to keep your team from falling into disrepair with too many non performing players losing you both points and value, then if there is a strategic change you want to make (e.g. getting a City defender instead of Chambers last week) and you spot a situation where you may be able to make that change for a hit that has a high probability of also regaining the -4 quickly then that's the right time to take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

23 transfers 9 transfer hits 2 8points hits and 5 4 points hits. 32k overall, apart from last day of the season points hits are worth the risk . last day points hits have cost me ! I'm sure I won't take one this season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

22 transfers

8 hits (32 points)

2000th in the world

wildcard played

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

In the Top 1k OR

17 transfers

2 (-4) hits

One of those hits didn't work out! Had to transfer a player out straight away the following week.

The other was for Yaya & Costa last week which made me +4 as I would of had no other players on the bench available to step in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Only 3 hits, I feel dirty. One of them was for Kevin Nolan though which is probably really worth -12 :pac: The others were faffing around with Di Maria. Taking him out for Hazard and bringing him back in for Fabregas before offloading him for Sanchez again.

18 transfers made. Wildcard only used a couple of GWs ago. 1.6k ranking if that's relevant.

I think I've made some bad transfers this year though in that I'm selling a player I bought in after one week for a player I considered but didn't opt for. Not necessarily terrible as I've been spotting players if not quite taking advantage the whole time.

Having players like Clyne, Fab, Costa, PVA, Colo from the start helped reduce transfers and Ramsey, Bardsley, Mata and Rooney all made good starts too. That's where I owe my ranking I think as well as hoping on Pelle and Aguero before they took off.

I haven't fallen below 18k since GW 4 so it's the complete opposite to last season where no matter what I did (bar not buying Yaya) I couldn't break 100k. I've played it very safe for the most part this year and gotten a few more sensible gambles right and a couple of off the ball ones (Nolan/RVP (c) same GW) wrong.

Advertisement