Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you happy this week?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Wife got out of hospital, where she's been for the last 2 weeks. Great to have her home for christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I emailed around the teams at work and told them i'm going to Smyths at lunch time to get toys for kids at christmas ( SVP giving tree ) and if they wanted to drop money up to me.. I got loads of money and was able to buy a massive amount of gifts for kids this year :D Team effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

During the year, holidays are taken if there's something on.. Trips abroad etc. But Christmas holidays, I get two weeks to do fück all. Bliss.

Tomorrow is my last day in work till the 5th.. Two glorious weeks of peppa pig, nappies, feeding ducks....

And if the planets align and the kids have their afternoon nap at the same time, a bit of daytime relations with my wife :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having my asos shopping delivered to work so it's
    A) a different delivery guy who isnt on first name terms with me
    B) my OH never needs to know, so it avoids those massive fights when he thinks I've been shopping again.

Happy happy happy

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Half way through a long haul 4th year in the part-time college degree
    Cadburys celebrations
    My Christmas tree
    Wrapping pressies while watching Santa Claus the movie
    Seeing all my friends this weekend

• Advertisement

Thing that made me happy today was , when my other half was broke down on the M50 earlier in the pi**ins of rain, despite hundreds of cars passing, one man in a Hiace van stopped and offered to help him.

A gentleman of the travelling community.
    He offered him a tow, push, or a lift.
    Decided to mention fact he was a traveller, because, usually all we hear is the bad.

Thanks very much Sir, if you are reading ,your offer was much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

i finished up work today abroad, seriously homesick so cant wait to fly home to the family tomro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Finishing my christmas exams today.

Genuinely never been as satisfied walking out of the room. Went perfect and home now for the hols!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

the fact that this will not in anyway affect me...fair glad I deleted it before it shut down:D:D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/oh-no-bebo-is-bringing-your-old-photos-back-655151.html

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Running in the wind and rain a while ago. It was the nice kind of misty rain. I was stupidly happy, stopped and stood with my arms out, face up, embrace the rain! xD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

End of year stuff. Usually encompassing lots of free food and drink. Gotta love the perks of the job! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Got chatting to this gorgeous waitress that I chat to sometimes where she works, mostly small talk. I sort of know her through her sister who I went to primary school with. She added me on Facebook ages ago but I never chat on that with her.

Bumped into her yesterday in an Argos while both of us were out Christmas shopping, she was in the queue in front of me, was talking to her for about 10 minutes, trying not to stutter or drool...made my day though!

She messaged me later asking how I got on with my shopping, told her what I got, she told me what she got. She mentioned she got presents for her b/f.

I was like "Drat" in my head, but nicely messaged back "Oh cool looks like you have everyone spoiled"

Waaaaah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Got chatting to this gorgeous waitress that I chat to somethimes where she works, mostly small talk. I sort of know her through her sister who I went to primary school with. She added me on Facebook ages ago but I never chat on that with her.

Bumped into her yesterday in an Argos while both of us were out Christmas shopping, she was in the queue in front of me, was talking to her for about 10 minutes, trying not to stutter or drool...made my day though!

She messaged me later asking how I got on with my shopping, told her what I got, she told me what she got. She mentioned she got presents for her b/f.

I was like "Drat" in my head, but nicely messaged back "Oh cool looks like you have everyone spoiled"

Waaaaah!

Ah I love when gorgeous women get in contact with me for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Ah I love when gorgeous women get in contact with me for whatever reason.

Yeah it's great until the bubble is burst haha

When she messaged later on I was thinking "Oh man, would I be so lucky?" then contradicting myself thinking "F**k I wouldn't, big bowl of out of my league!"

Was messaging for a few minutes having a laugh and then she said she got her lucky fecker of a boyfriend a watch, aftershave and a book and other stuff for nieces and nephews.

Back to the drawing board!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Liverpool actually won!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

My younger brother got me a great Christmas present. We had a spending limit and he spent some of his own money to get it for me . It's an anatomically correct 3D model which you have to build ,from the shop tiger .
    He told me I can put it on my desk when I'm qualified. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

pharrel

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Had (having) a lovely Christmas with family and friends. Meeting all again at the football social tomorrow.

One of the girls in getting married on NYE and all the people I care about will be there so no trying to decide where to ring in the New Year!

Finally I'm getting my new car next week! I ordered it months ago and I can't wait!

Advertisement