Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you happy this week?

Options
  • 16-12-2014 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Lot of negativity these days on boards and generally life can be grueling at times.

But anything really brighten up your week or what made your day?

Could be something simple or earth shattering.

For me, was cleaning out the wardrobe, giving away some old clothes and jackets, found 50Euro in a pocket I had somehow completely forgotten about. This will be used for the Christmas madness at the weekend :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I've never found life grueling, even on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I'm off all this week.
    Got back to the gym.
    My best mate who now lives abroad is coming home for Christmas tomorrow.
    I had a deadly hot chocolate today.

So far so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Chocolate from Aldi has made me suspiciously happy this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Finding out my healthcare will cover my wisdom tooth extraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Seeing my boyfriends reaction when he felt our baby kick properly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Irish Water ninininini Enda Kenny nininininini where's my nama

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Knowing all week that Christmas hols are Friday! Woop woop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Free food at work
    Random compliments
    Lovely email from my Dad
    Youtube video of a dog losing his sh1t over a pineapple
    Mojitos
    Nachos
    Spooning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Reading the trivial things that make me happy thread.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I got offered a new job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am off today and for the next 2 days, before Xmas madness at work. Can't get more happy then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm getting married on Thursday. My parents are flying in to vegas today to be there and it's my daughters 3rd birthday tomorrow. Busy week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Skiing and beer.

Someone did some thing incredibly kind for me. I got very emotional because of it. The gesture took me completely by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Could be getting masters funded by job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Life festival announcement with Mr Squarepusher and a host of others, as well a recent announcements for Electric Picnic, roll on the fecking summer.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

a bro friend had moved into a dive of a flat after being made homeless without much warning a while back, his mother had been diagnosed with dementia and was placed in residential care around about the same time and all things given he's had a bit of a tough time of it so I wanted to make sure he had a christmas tree this year and picked up a few other bits to make his place a little more homely. A swift trip through pennys later and his gaff is now a fluffy cushion filled, curtain lined, sparkly christmassy tree coloured den. His little face, so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

pharmaton wrote: »
    a bro friend had moved into a dive of a flat after being made homeless without much warning a while back, his mother had been diagnosed with dementia and was placed in residential care around about the same time and all things given he's had a bit of a tough time so I wanted to make sure he had a christmas tree this year and picked up a few other bits to make his place a little more homely. A swift trip through pennys later and his gaff is now a fluffy cushion filled, curtain lined, sparkly christmassy tree coloured den. His little face, so happy.
    That's beautiful!:)

You are a lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Play to Kills wife is doing great and in the right direction. I dont know her, I don't know him but that's cheered me up so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Offered a new job in sydney with a 20% rate increase and potential for a sponsored visa after 6 months!

Making my 9 year old sister a card on moonpig with loads of personalised photos. Some great memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I've been really happy this week actually! Even though on paper things are not good and little has changed but I feel so much different. Someone did show me a nice kindness this week too, basically they gave me an appointment for free as a christmas present. Just the fact that someone showed me some compassion, it means so much more to me than the monetary value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Got me hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Finally finished up and sent off some christmas gifts
    Went to Blade Runner and 2001 in the cinema
    Had a nice gigantic conversation with my brother for the first time in ages
    D'Angelo released a new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I took a shot at goal that was going wide but it bounced off my Brother's head, who was on the opposing team, and went in. It was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Finished first semester of college and have until mid January off !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Went to the pub for one pint at 10 as I won't have any now until the 25th (stupid work)

Home now full as a monkey and had a great laugh. There's no one drink like an Irish one drink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I shouldn't have really been happy but a group of 70 didn't show up for a party in work on monday night. The pub brought in extra staff and spent a fortune on the food but I wss exhausted after a very busy weekend and was literally running on the reserve tank. I was secretly delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Have all the Xmas presents got for my wife and kid. Work is busy but going well, managed to pick up some extra cash over the last few weeks so I'll have some extra spends over the Xmas holidays which is rare.

Things are looking good for the new year as well, thankfully.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Free chocolate this morning at the tube station :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

The fact that the nasty cold I had all of last week is finally on its way out the door.

My christmas decorations and baking (4 types of Germany christmas biscuits baked and stashed in tins, ready to be packed up as presents for friends)

Looking forward to time off over christmas and sitting on the sofa, stuffed to the gills and slightly tipsy watching rubbish TV.

Advertisement