Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Any-One Have A strange Working Like This ?

Options

Comments

Yer dead right too.

Back in the '80s there was a mini-series called Salem's Lot on the telly.

Scary stuff about Vampires & all that.

Myself & the little bro used to watch it. I was about 15 at the time & he was around 12.

Anyway one time when he was really freaked out about it I hatched a cunning plan...........

I hid under his bed & when he went into his room to get ready for sleep. He sat on his bed, took off his shoes & BAM. I grabbed his ankle hard.

Well, the screams!

I still laugh thinking about it.

You scarred him psychologically for life! I still bear the trauma of something similar.

When I was about ten, my two older brothers were supposed to be babysitting me but allowed me to watch 'Interview With The Vampire'. It scared me witless. One of my brothers hid in the wardrobe and the other under the bed. They waited until I turned off the light and one shook the bed while the other burst out of the wardrobe hissing. I will never forget the terror.

Took days to dry the mattress, I can tell you. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Candie wrote: »
    You scarred him psychologically for life! I still bear the trauma of something similar.

When I was about ten, my two older brothers were supposed to be babysitting me but allowed me to watch 'Interview With The Vampire'. It scared me witless. One of my brothers hid in the wardrobe and the other under the bed. They waited until I turned off the light and one shook the bed while the other burst out of the wardrobe hissing. I will never forget the terror.

Took days to dry the mattress, I can tell you. Bastards.

Yeah, Fun times. Your household sounds like ours back in the day.

Myself & younger bro had a younger sister too.

Imagine the hardship she got!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Worst I had was once we had a problem with stray cats around our streets. My elder sisters had me all paranoid about the cats.
    Evil cats.
    Dirty cats.
    Cats that can kill you.

As I got in to bed one night my feet felt fur. I feckin jumped out of bed, ran for my life screaming and screaming.
    The bitches had put mums fur coat in the bottom of the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

honey79 wrote: »
    I have to know what time even if lying in bed for a long time just before I nod off I have to check the time which usually wakes me up again but I do it all the time I have done this for years I always know the exact time I go to sleep at

(I Knew it was weird but writing it down confirms it for me haha)

The way it happens with me is when I'm just going to sleep and I set the alarm for 6:59am and when that's done I always wake up 10 minutes before the fecking alarm goes off, always. We have an in-built alarm in our heads, we just have to imprint it naturally and then we will no longer need alarm clocks or alarm devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I check all taps before I leave the house in case any are dripping.

I check back seat of car for bogeymen. If I forget and remember when driving I'm too scared to look back and check.

I hate wardrobes doors being left open.

• Advertisement

Worst I had was once we had a problem with stray cats around our streets. My elder sisters had me all paranoid about the cats.
    Evil cats.
    Dirty cats.
    Cats that can kill you.

As I got in to bed one night my feet felt fur. I feckin jumped out of bed, ran for my life screaming and screaming.
    The bitches had put mums fur coat in the bottom of the bed.

I like their work.:cool:

I lived it!

I genuinely believed that there were flies whose only reason for living was to fly up your backside if you broke wind without your underwear on. It made bathtime an nightmare.

And if you catch a black cats eye and they hold your gaze, it's because they're transferring a demon into your very soul.

And I hero-worshipped them and believed every single word! How I don't spend all day on the psychiatrists couch is a mystery.

I lived it!

I genuinely believed that there were flies whose only reason for living was to fly up your backside if you broke wind without your underwear on. It made bathtime an nightmare.

And if you catch a black cats eye and they hold your gaze, it's because they're transferring a demon into your very soul.

And I hero-worshipped them and believed every single word! How I don't spend all day on the psychiatrists couch is a mystery.

Christ!

I wish I was that inventive.

Still, it gives me ideas on how to scare my own young kids.

Hee Hee...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I have multicoloured pegs and when I'm hanging out the washing each item must have a pair of matching colour pegs, and the order of colours on the line must be repeated from one end to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I seem to feel that maybe the lighter if it went off from some sort of ignition by itself that I would burn the house down.

strangely enough - when I lived with a "non biological" family, the "mother" thought the same thing would happen!!
    I started smoking at 14, and she would make me keep my cigarettes and lighters outside - (yes, outside!!) in a box in the garden!!
    I think she thought the cigarettes were just going to move over and light itself off the lighter at any time!!! :confused: :eek:

But for myself - I have to have socks on in bed - and have to tuck my pyjama bottoms into my socks before I lie down! I've been doing it every night for over 10 years!

& when I was younger (about 13) I started having these weird dreams/nightmares - and thought I had a "portal doorway" through my wardrobe and thought demons were haunting me, because they happened when I left my wardrobe doors open, so every night I would have to close them, and I would wake up in a sweat scared that they weren't closed..... it turned out to be Sleep Paralyse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I check under the bed every night. Some might call that irrational, but I bet if I ever let a night go by without checking under the bed before I sleep, that will be the night the bogeyman gets me. I'm unwilling to take that risk.

Candie 1 - 0 Bogeyman

Nah, no need to worry about anything like that. Could never happen :P

SMJSF wrote: »
    strangely enough - when I lived with a "non biological" family, the "mother" thought the same thing would happen!!
    I started smoking at 14, and she would make me keep my cigarettes and lighters outside - (yes, outside!!) in a box in the garden!!
    I think she thought the cigarettes were just going to move over and light itself off the lighter at any time!!! :confused: :eek:

But for myself - I have to have socks on in bed - and have to tuck my pyjama bottoms into my socks before I lie down! I've been doing it every night for over 10 years!

& when I was younger (about 13) I started having these weird dreams/nightmares - and thought I had a "portal doorway" through my wardrobe and thought demons were haunting me, because they happened when I left my wardrobe doors open, so every night I would have to close them, and I would wake up in a sweat scared that they weren't closed..... it turned out to be Sleep Paralyse!

Oh don't go there regarding sleep paralysis, I had some strange ones indeed, seriously frightening for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Clothes hanging in wardrobe all have to face the same way, front to the left and back on the rhs. Also hangars must be placed on rail with the closed bit of hangar facing out. If anyone does not obey this I have to correct it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

jezis i hate stoners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Pwindedd wrote: »
    I have multicoloured pegs and when I'm hanging out the washing each item must have a pair of matching colour pegs, and the order of colours on the line must be repeated from one end to the other.

Me too.

not.

pharmaton wrote: »
    jezis i hate stoners

You are only human as well... What is your fixation ?

You are only human as well... What is your fixation ?

its my strange working

its my strange working

The working of your physical body or other ? Maybe it's time to take a 2 week holiday dude. Why not, sure feck it, you only live once...well again... unless you believe in reincarnation

PS: What is your strange working ?

stoners

stoners

Alcoholics > :p

Share with me your philosophy on this post ?.

• Advertisement

flomply

flomply

There are a lot of Flomply things here ? can you be more specific ?.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=formply&sa=X&biw=1920&bih=955&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=XPKMVI28D-PW7Ab85YDgDA&ved=0CB8QsAQ

Umm... you are sending forward a drug addiction message, which is odd. just because my username sarcastically assumes it's presence here doesn't mean I need addiction therapy.

Umm... interesting comment of which is out of sync.

Umm... you are sending forward a drug addiction message, which is odd. just because my username sarcastically assumes it's presence here doesn't mean I need addiction therapy.
    no, I'm happy for you, you're free to make your own choices Bongalongaherb. It's not for me though, mostly because flomply.

no, I'm happy for you, you're free to make your own choices Bongalongaherb. It's not for me though, mostly because flomply.

God damit, what is flomply ? I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

Jake1 wrote: »
    I too, have strange working ( De fuq? )

my strange working is that I cant get into a bath unless I swish the figure 8, eight times.
    I read somewhere year ago, that it energised the bathwater, or some such shyte, you must do this and to this day, I swish the bath water 8 times, in a figure of 8

yes, I am a gobshyte:rolleyes: :o

What if you take a shower!? :O

God damit, what is flomply ? I don't get it.

my strange working is that I try and discover new words that have no meaning, flomply is nothing in particular but let me know what kind of response it generates if you say it out loud. Sminimin is new too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

paranormal activity will ignite a lighter,put a glass over it

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭pillphil

Yes it does.
    Anyway, when we were on the beach, we noticed that our lighters exploded in the heat of the sun.

That's not self ignition though, is it? That's the sun igniting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Pwindedd wrote: »

I can tell you are a very decent good person with great empathy and non sarcastic sympathy for all people in general!? Am I right......
    I can tell this by your short post... Believe it or not you think in your deepest most inner thoughts, that>>lets say 'the blue peg', will be sad on his/her own without the other blue peg!?...
    Don't worry these are natural thoughts that a lot of good genuine people have :)
    Are you scared :cool:

Advertisement