Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Same here!! I arrived at 7.30 with an e-ticket for Red Route and I also got into the pit! Considering I also bought the Pitch ticket online Tuesday morning I couldn't believe it when I was put into the pit arriving at 7.30pm!! :)
    Savage gig!

Was my 3rd time seeing them (MSG 2008 and Punchestown 2009 previously) and I enjoyed it every bit as much as the other 2 times.

I don't think I've ever been at a gig before where everyone was so on the exact same page of wanting to enjoy themselves and have a laugh.

Managed to get a pit pass with absolutely no issue arriving at half six via red route too!

I thought the drink levels of the crowd was fairly ok myself. By far the worst crowd I've ever seen for being obnoxious and out of their heads was the Stone Roses crowd a few years back in the Phoenix Park - so many obnoxious people drinking/drugging falling over and spilling drink on you that evening.
    So pretty much the same as every other outdoor concert that's taken place in Ireland since the invention of drink.

Was the Hamden Park gig sold out?
    blastman wrote: »
    Just keep your shirt on generally! There was a bunch of lads near me that looked like they were staging a Turkish wrestling tournament.

Thought last night was better than Glasgow on Sunday, probably due to fact that I got into the pit, though. Beano seemed to be more up for it, and as for Angus....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

For those saying they've lost energy you do realise how old they are right? :/ I thought they were fantastic, best show I've ever seen. They've more energy than me anyway and I'm only 28. I had an amazing night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A wonderful time in our lives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What did people make of Vintage Trouble? I kind of like their debut album but I thought they played it all wrong last night. When you only have a 30 minute slot, play some f*&king songs. Stop wasting time getting the crowd to do the wave and getting different parts of the stadium to cheer. Also trying to get the crowd to singalong during their first song was a bit strange. I'd love to see them in a small club or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

I liked Vintage Trouble's Glastonbury gig, I'd like to see them in a smaller venue

The boys absolutely rocked it last night. Where the hell does Angus get all that energy from is beyond me. Jaysus how long was that solo during Let There Be Rock. Magic stuff

Yeah I couln't believe the singer was doing so much talking, just play some music, you only have about half an hour. Also I was amazed that he was trying to get a crowd wave going in a still half empty stadium!
    What did people make of Vintage Trouble? I kind of like their debut album but I thought they played it all wrong last night. When you only have a 30 minute slot, play some f*&king songs. Stop wasting time getting the crowd to do the wave and getting different parts of the stadium to cheer. Also trying to get the crowd to singalong during their first song was a bit strange. I'd love to see them in a small club or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Jaysus how long was that solo during Let There Be Rock. Magic stuff

The whole of Let There Be Rock lasted 20 minutes or so, I took a rough timing out of curiosity. The solo had to have been 15 minutes of that.
    Goreme wrote: »
    Was the Hamden Park gig sold out?

Hard to tell for sure from pitch level, but I'd say it probably was, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

****ing brilliant, unadulterated fun from start to finish

• Advertisement

sm_DSC00751.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I saw them for the first time in Dublin, August '79 in the Olympic Ballroom :eek:

If it ain't Bon Scott, it ain't AC/DC for me, I'm an old school, old codger :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I saw them for the first time in Dublin, August '79 in the Olympic Ballroom :eek:

If it ain't Bon Scott, it ain't AC/DC for me, I'm an old school, old codger :pac::pac::pac:

Not mine, from the web, but a little nostalgia for ya:

acdc79.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

^ £4 in advance, £4.50 at the door :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,894 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what a gig

setlist was good, would of loved to hear jailbreak and war machine.

I was in premium level 323 (Just missed the sound bar i was worried about so had a perfect view of the stage) and i could barley understand brians lyrics but the sound of the music was spot on.

is usual that they dont say goodbye or talk to the crowd much. Angus was full of energy.

had a few drinks before the show on the bus up was more buzzed that drunk, saw quite a few people out of it but it was just a friendly rocking crowd. I was seating in row a and did she someone throw a drink over the barrier

A load of those light up horns were sold but i bought a little light up badge (10 euros :(),an irish shirt and programme.

nice to finally see ACDC and this year have Motley Crue and Def Leppard still to come

It was stated as sold out but there a good few sections closed and you could of easily fitted people in them areas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Well if you're older than the vast majority of the wrinkly rockers I saw shuffling through my lovely neighbourhood to Lansdowne Road you must be REALLY old!!

:D:D:D

akamossy wrote: »
    They've more energy than me anyway and I'm only 28.

Whaaaat???? Were you there with your parents? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'm trying to make a poster for a gig and was looking at stock pics of Bon Scott to use.....man...it's hard to get a decent pic without his ****ing balls on show :)

Solo was crap. I hate that self indulgent never ending inaudible shite.

Suppose for you Wimbledon would be great if it weren't for all that grass. And the strawberries.

Get back in the water, fish. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Sound was absolutely terrible in the upper west stands. I was not happy at all after the first tune. As I expected it was a just messy audio.

Went to customer care to complain and they gave me fantastic seats right at the stage.

Was a real cracker of a night then..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Whaaaat???? Were you there with your parents? ;)

What? :/

i'm trying to make a poster for a gig and was looking at stock pics of Bon Scott to use.....man...it's hard to get a decent pic without his ****ing balls on show :)

The man had big balls, and they were always bouncing to the left and to the right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

blastman wrote: »
    The man had big balls, and they were always bouncing to the left and to the right...

The biggest balls of them all...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Great gig, despite the dodgy sound up in the South stand and the obstructed view. I was in the Corporate level and whilst it was nice to have no queues for the bar or toilets it's not quite the same as being in the pit (where I was in Punchestown in 2009). That said like AC/DC I'm getting on a bit and I enjoyed the comfort.

This was my fifth time to see them and yes the amount of energy on stage is a lot less than it used to be when I first seen them in 1991, but it's still there in spades. I thought Brian's voice was a bit off, but that could have been the sound where I was. Disappointed they didn't play jailbreak, but Have A Drink On Me more than made up for that. Angus was brilliant as usual. It's a real shame that Malcolm is no longer with them. Hopefully they do another visit like 2009, dont want to think that last night was the last time I'll ever go to an AC/DC gig :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

griffin100 wrote: »
    Great gig, despite the dodgy sound up in the South stand and the obstructed view. I was in the Corporate level and whilst it was nice to have no queues for the bar or toilets it's not quite the same as being in the pit (where I was in Punchestown in 2009). That said like AC/DC I'm getting on a bit and I enjoyed the comfort.

This was my fifth time to see them and yes the amount of energy on stage is a lot less than it used to be when I first seen them in 1991, but it's still there in spades. I thought Brian's voice was a bit off, but that could have been the sound where I was. Disappointed they didn't play jailbreak, but Have A Drink On Me more than made up for that. Angus was brilliant as usual. It's a real shame that Malcolm is no longer with them. Hopefully they do another visit like 2009, dont want to think that last night was the last time I'll ever go to an AC/DC gig :(

Ah come on!!! You are never going to get good sound from the corporate boxes.
    Its a stadium not an indoor concert venue.
    You are totally deluded if you think you are going to get good sound and good atmosphere in a corporate box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I might have met you in the Beggars Bush before the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

amazing gig!
    I was shocked that I got into the pit after arriving at around 6:20.
    Great set, and great show! hopefully they will tour again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Snowchaser wrote: »
    Ah come on!!! You are never going to get good sound from the corporate boxes.
    Its a stadium not an indoor concert venue.
    You are totally deluded if you think you are going to get good sound and good atmosphere in a corporate box.

I wasn't in a corporate box, I was on the corporate level, so would have gotten the same sound as everyone else in the south stand. Nothing delusional about me.The atmosphere at that level were I was was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,601 ✭✭✭squonk

First time seeing them last night. I was trying to get a ticket for the Point last time but when that didn't happen I wasn't pushed going to Punchestown. I'm kind of sorry now I didn't but the trek home wouldn't have been worth it either.

It's ages since I've been to a gig that was so much fun! No BS, No stopping the show half way through to tell us about the world's woes, no plugging the crappy love songs, no punters vaguely aware at what band they were seeing talking away through the songs! It was just an all out proper gig from start to finish. It seems now like it nly lasted half an hour! I grew up listing to AC/DC on school tours and youth clubs back in the 80's so hearing the songs live was just fantastic!

I don't know how the guys do it! I'd be killed if I had to put on a show like that. I loved the crowd as well. Everyone was getting into it and enjoying it and there was no hassle. Loved it! Wish I could go again tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭andyoz

squonk wrote: »
    It's ages since I've been to a gig that was so much fun! No BS, No stopping the show half way through to tell us about the world's woes, no plugging the crappy love songs, no punters vaguely aware at what band they were seeing talking away through the songs!

You nailed it. Last night made me realize how **** alot of gigs are now and how ignorant many audience members are.

Me and my mate had a great time and think the Aviva is excellent (I generally avoid Stadiums).

We were in Row A on Premium Stand and from the first song we were up on our feet. Most people were up except for a couple right behind us. I turned around after a few songs and asked if we were blocking their view expecting some moaning/abuse but instead they said "No Way! we're having a bloody ball". That scenario would have been alot different at most gigs...

Highlight was playing air guitar to You Shook Me with a >50yo fella next to me who I'd never met before...

Also, I never realized how good T.N.T. is live. I thought the gig went up another gear with that one and never let up. Oi...Oi...Oi...!

Advertisement