Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people..

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

pharmaton wrote: »
    "Connection free" sex is a bit like taking drugs, its an outlet for escapism or maybe just the easist option when needing to avoid the pain or discomfort "attached" sex/relationships/life in general. It can also become quite addictive once you realise how easy it is to get and the advantages it offers when attempting to avoid emotional connecting with other people, or even yourself. imho.
    I agree totally, but it's being talked about here by the OP and another person as if it's a substitute for being in a relationship with someone you love (which also = better sex).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I agree totally, but it's being talked about here by the OP and another person as if it's a substitute for being in a relationship with someone you love (which also = better sex).

Some people are happy to live their lives without ever wanting to be emotionally vulnerable. Each to their own though, maybe it's all they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Yeh it is scary to give your heart to someone (and all that jazz) in one way, but when it happens, and all the good that comes with it, I can't imagine anyone viewing "scoring" the occasional night as comparable.
    Even when they don't want to fall for someone, it's hard to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

One reason: Valentines Day

That's it. That is the only reason people get into relationships, so they get an extra gift receiving day during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Any of my single mates who are interested in regular sex have one of multiple friends with benefits...

yeah if you are interested in pulling and in any way decent, its a joke, in Dublin at least, some of my male mates are often the ones blowing the women off...

Eh, we're going to have to have a little chat.
    Those aren't real women I'm afraid:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement