Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FOX: Dos Santos v Miocic

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I thought Miotic won 1 and 2, JDS took 3,4,5 with a possible 10-8 going tp JDS in the 3rd for the knockdown.
    M DS
    10-9
    10-9
    8-10
    9-10
    9-10

46-48
    You need a lot more than a knockdown for a 10-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    You need a lot more than a knockdown for a 10-8.

It all depends on the Judge, remember story got a 10-8 round for a knockdown on Gunni, the quality of judging these days is an absolute farce because of how inconstant it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

ASOT wrote: »
    It all depends on the Judge, remember story got a 10-8 round for a knockdown on Gunni, the quality of judging these days is an absolute farce because of how inconstant it is.

That judge also thought Story won every round :rolleyes:

TimRiggins wrote: »
    That judge also thought Story won every round :rolleyes:

50-44 had to be the worst decision iv seen on a scorecard in a while. How there can be a split decision when one judge scores it that way is ridiculously haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

ASOT wrote: »
    50-44 had to be the worst decision iv seen on a scorecard in a while. How there can be a split decision when one judge scores it that way is ridiculously haha

Far worse was the guy who gave it 48-47 in favour of Gunni.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kinggo99

I think it was fairly close and could have gone either way but i had Miocic ahead,but if Miocic had been on a contract as big as JDS he would have got the decision its all about money nowadays.

Far worse was the guy who gave it 48-47 in favour of Gunni.

Seeing as how the UFC are handing out contracts like sweets they might get Stevie Wonder in to improve the Judging, it couldnt possibly get any worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

kinggo99 wrote: »
    if Miocic had been on a contract as big as JDS he would have got the decision its all about money nowadays.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have won the dumbest comment of the day! :rolleyes:

Devastator wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have won the dumbest comment of the day! :rolleyes:

I just come here to offer an opinion sometimes whats the need for insulting,if your only input is just to insult someones opinion and offer no rebuttal whats that point?

I am actually a big JDS fan but i think he lost that fight,in fact i'm also a fan of Pendred even though i can admit he lacks the quality to make it to the top but i respect his heart and determination,but the same thing happened in his last fight.

It happens regularly enough where there is a close decision it always goes to the one on the longer and bigger contract,Pendred had just penned an 8 fight deal and he lost his first fight or second i forget,but got the decision,if they don't give him the decision there they will lose more money on him,so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint,and the UFC if you failed to realise is a business.

I just come here to offer an opinion sometimes whats the need for insulting,if your only input is just to insult someones opinion and offer no rebuttal whats that point?

I am actually a big JDS fan but i think he lost that fight,in fact i'm also a fan of Pendred even though i can admit he lacks the quality to make it to the top but i respect his heart and determination,but the same thing happened in his last fight.

It happens regularly enough where there is a close decision it always goes to the one on the longer and bigger contract,Pendred had just penned an 8 fight deal and he lost his first fight or second i forget,but got the decision,if they don't give him the decision there they will lose more money on him,so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint,and the UFC if you failed to realise is a business.

Im sorry but thats just retarded, this is MMA not WWE, the results arent pre determined, and saying they are just makes you look really really stupid :rolleyes: They dont just give people decisions based on there contract, sure enough they may have favourites who they would want to win but to say they give them these decisions is just silly. Its down to bad judging simple as that. I doubt the UFC wanted Rick Story to beat Gunni but he did, and even then the score cards were way off. I could think of 100 other fights were im sure the UFC would have liked a decision to go to there favoured fighter and it didnt resulting in a loss of money from a fight that could have been made. From your logic if Rumble Johnson takes Gus to a decision next month Gus is automatically going to get it because a possible second fight with Jones is worth millions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭threeball

Ha, the hypocrisy. Perhaps have a look at your own comments on other posts before displaying such a thin skin. You described a post of mine a "daft" and that I was offering "advice" to a UFC fighter. The only thing daft about that is you seeing someone post an opinion on a forum then take it as offering advice and then you come up with this gem.

threeball wrote: »
    Ha, the hypocrisy. Perhaps have a look at your own comments on other posts before displaying such a thin skin. You described a post of mine a "daft" and that I was offering "advice" to a UFC fighter. The only thing daft about that is you seeing someone post an opinion on a forum then take it as offering advice and then you come up with this gem.

I usually find people that are guilty are the 1st to throw accusations. I've not read his others posts, I couldn't be bothered after the 1st stupid comment :D

kinggo99 - please don't take my congratulations as an insult, it was not meant as an insult. You would really know it if I was insulting you :eek::D

threeball wrote: »

You make a valid point i said a bit daft which i think is less insulting than saying stupid,dumb etc like a lot post around here or just did at my post,but obviously its a bit insulting so i apologise.

I spose i just meant i thought u were wrong,i try not to get into posting too much on these forums,as it seems to be full of sheep when they hear an opinion that differs from the norm they freak out and can't believe everything is not how it seems,like its impossible that the UFC sway judges in close fights,did nobody watch the ultimate fighter when Dana freaked out and put pressure on the judges??

Johnny hendricks although i was glad he lost,he clearly won the 1st 3 rounds v lawlor so by the 10 point must system in place lawlor couldn't have won,but lawlor was where the money was at to make a 3rd fight,the UFC have been at this more and more lately they never used to be at this but it happens nowadays.

king if you believe any of that tripe you've just posted you really are a moron!

I'll repost what you said again just to point out how dumb it(NOT YOU but thats up for debate) is/
    I think it was fairly close and could have gone either way but i had Miocic ahead,but if Miocic had been on a contract as big as JDS he would have got the decision its all about money nowadays.

So even though you admit it could have gone either way your blaming it on contracts and underhanded dealings from the UFC/NSAC.

I'm not retracting your dumbest post of the day award but feel free to complain to nobody about not getting a prize

NB - thats all I'm saying on this subject

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

the UFC have been at this more and more lately they never used to be at this but it happens nowadays.

This is rubbish the UFC have no sway with the judges maybe it's the result they wanted (Lawler) I wouldn't argue that. Judging decisions have also worked against them many many times.

Ya could even say Stipe could have been placed as a new legit contender in the HW division instead Dos Santos won when it went to the judges which leads to pretty much a dead end. Not much $'s in dead ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mellor wrote: »
    Which 4?

Actually can't remember, need to watch it again. I remember thinking that there was a round were JDS won but the fact that Miocic surprised people I felt swayed people's perspective. Not sure if that makes sense...basically Miocic performing better than expected caused people to not score the round objectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

But you point made absolutely no logical sense. There's no need to rebut it. It made zero sense.

It happens regularly enough where there is a close decision it always goes to the one on the longer and bigger contract,Pendred had just penned an 8 fight deal and he lost his first fight or second i forget,but got the decision,if they don't give him the decision there they will lose more money on him,so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint,and the UFC if you failed to realise is a business.[/QUOTE]
    This is the same nonsense point. But if you want a rebuttal, here goes.

Firstly the judges aren’t employed by the UFC, so they have no say it the scoring. So straight away your lack of understanding of how judging works is shown. That alone ruins and credibility to your point.
    Secondly, how exactly do the UFC lose money by not giving the win to the guy with the bigger contract? That literally makes no sense. If anything, JDS winning costs the UFC more money as his contracted purse is greater.
    How does Pendred losing cost the UFC more money? They don’t pay out his contract is they release him. I’m well aware it’s a business, but you haven’t said how Pendred getting the win saves the UFC money.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Actually can't remember, need to watch it again. I remember thinking that there was a round were JDS won but the fact that Miocic surprised people I felt swayed people's perspective. Not sure if that makes sense...basically Miocic performing better than expected caused people to not score the round objectively.
    TVH, I think you are right, that kind of thing does happen. For example the Jones v Gus fight, Jones had barely lost a round in his career. But Gus took it to him, it was so unprecedented, the Gus got the close rounds on a lot of peoples cards.
    But I donlt think that was the case here, but I’d have to watch again to be sure. I have Miocic the first two rounds decisively.

Advertisement