Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FOX: Dos Santos v Miocic

Options
  • 11-12-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭

UFC-on-FOX-13-Horizontal.png

Main Card (Fox)

Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Nate Diaz
    Alistair Overeem vs. Stefan Struve
    Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Matt Mitrione

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

John Moraga vs. Willie Gates
    Claudia Gadelha vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
    Joe Riggs vs. Ben Saunders
    Jamie Varner vs. Drew Dober
    Derek Brunson vs. Ed Herman
    Joe Ellenberger vs. Bryan Barberena

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)

David Michaud vs. Garret Whiteley
    Henry Cejudo vs. Dustin Kimura
    Anthony Birchak vs. Ian Entwistle

Really looking forward to this for a few reasons, Dos Santos is probably the nicest guy in the UFC its basically impossible not to like him, I felt bad after the beating Cain gave him last time. This should be pretty straight forward for him though, Hes the number two guy in the world for a reason and the only person i could see maybe beating him would be Werdum, but i doubt that to. His boxing is just so crisp. I can sense and early knockout here. Miocic i rate to he really is a good fighter only losing to Struve which theres no shame in but I just dont see how hes going to beat Dos Santos.

The return of Diaz, and what a way to make it coming in against Dos Anjos who has been on a tear since Khabib taught him a lesson for 3 rounds. Diaz is a great price at 2/1, he hasnt fought in a while and Dos Anjos looks red hot but you can never rule out the Diaz factor. Its going to be a cracking fight, way more competitive than the main event imo. If Dos Anjos wins he should be screaming for a rematch with Khabib, whos going to put him back in his place and win the belt. Taught this was hilarious on Dos Anjos wiki.

3cd1a79eea4536b8006bb3b48b3a413e.png

Battle of the Netherlands.... I just dont see them Reem winning this, even in his Road to the Octagon video on the UFC youtube he just doesnt seem confident in himself atall, I also think his change of gyms was a big mistake too but i reckon there was more to that than were being told. Struve has bags of ability, still very young but obviously theres question marks still there over his heart. His blackout at 175 was worrying but he still says its not down to the heart and that he just panicked, hopefully thats the case. Obviously hes been medically cleared but the hearts a dodgey thing. I still think he takes this by KO, or possibly a sneaky sub.

Gonzaga/Mitrione .... I dont know about this one, they both have similar wins and losses on there record and with Mitrione coming into this with a bit of steam i could maybe see him snatching it here, I dont know though its a tricky one there both pretty meh fighters, but im picking Mitrione over Gonzaga mainly because his last Octagon interview after the win over Lewis changed my perception of him massively.

John Moraga should win this easy, and hopefully this sets up either a fight with McCall which i doubt or a third fight with Dodson for the next shot at DJ after McCall. Either way I cant wait to see either of them fights but again DJ wont be touched I dont think hes to go at that weight.

Bolded the rest of my picks as usual dont want to keep rambling on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Joe Riggs v Ben Saunders, f*ck yeah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Joe Riggs v Ben Saunders, f*ck yeah!!

5 million fights later for Riggs haha theres still another few days left for him to shoot himself in the foot again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Joe Riggs to go on a streak and fight Lawler for the belt. You heard it here first

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Such a great card on paper. I kinda feel bad for Struve. I know the Reem is on his way down the rankings but he could seriously hurt Struve, hope he is back in full health. I hear Nate missed some open workout, any reason announced for this besides "He's a Diaz"? Gonzaga and Meathead should be some scrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Such a great card on paper. I kinda feel bad for Struve. I know the Reem is on his way down the rankings but he could seriously hurt Struve, hope he is back in full health. I hear Nate missed some open workout, any reason announced for this besides "He's a Diaz"? Gonzaga and Meathead should be some scrap!

Im 99% it actually was becuase hes a Diaz :cool::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Diaz can't possibly win this fight imo
    I expect him to get a beating similar to the one josh gave him

Think miocic has a fair chance of beating jds also
    Don't see him as that big of an underdog

Above anyone I'd love to see Struve win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Diaz 5 pounds over Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

any word on why Diaz missed weight by so much? I dont really want to go check the other news sites as I've not seen last nights fights(putting them on v.shortly)

next scheduled fight off

PHOENIX – Derek Brunson has ruled himself ineligible for his UFC on FOX 13 bout just moments before he was set to step in the cage with Ed Herman.

The news was revealed in the opening segment of today’s FOX Sports 1-broadcast preliminary special, with a “stomach issue” being blamed as the culprit.

Brunson quickly took to Twitter to clarify food poisoning was to blame and offered to reschedule the bout with Herman.

Devastator wrote: »
    any word on why Diaz missed weight by so much? I dont really want to go check the other news sites as I've not seen last nights fights(putting them on v.shortly)

couldnt find any excuses as to why he missed it other that the scale
    was broken on his twitter page :pac:

cnut should be losing 50% rather than 20% of his purse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A very impressive win for Barberena.

jaysus the hometown crowd have been well and truly silenced tonite

similar bad luck there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Ref took his timing stopping that sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

He tapped on the far side of the ref, up against the cage. Can't really fault the ref there at all. Don't think he could have been better positioned really

palhares would be proud of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That cutwoman is some bird

Glad that Brazilian girl lost after punching after the bell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Devastator wrote: »
    Glad that Brazilian girl lost after punching after the bell

It was a sh*t thing to do. But she didn't deserve to lose.

• Advertisement

She would have won the 1st round after looking close to finishing it at end, tbh I wasn't paying much attention to rest of fight as I was putting my bet on :eek: Seen the punch at end though, bad craic. Maybe couple of them just said "ah stuff her after that!" :D

darced wrote: »
    Could the judges take a point at their discretion?I'm sure boxing has something similar.
    I'm not sure. However the judges surely deal with during rounds. After the bell goes, it would be a disciplinary matter for the UFC to deal with.

Also for anyone who missed this gem:

Goldberg: "It's a pretty good gash"
    Rogan: "I don't think you're supposed to say that during a women's fight"

Lot of early KOs in the HW division recently....hopefully Overeem can do the same :)

Goldberg: "It's a pretty good gash"
    Rogan: "I don't think you're supposed to say that during a women's fight"

:D Do you ever watch any of Joe Rogans standup? He's a funny f****r. His latest tv standup is on youtube, check it out "Denver Rocky Mountain High"

Mitrione's shot wasn't all that powerful by the looks of things.

Still, a huge knockout for him.

Ground n pound from Overeem does it

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Kirby42

Sweet Jesus, amazing first round from Dos Anjos.

Dos Anjos looks like he could beat both Diaz' tonight, at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Homie got schooled!

Advertisement