Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not gaining weight but trying to...

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

cabla wrote: »
    There's some evidence to suggest that eating carbs after a workout destroys any Growth Hormone working. The GH should be fueled with as pure protein as possible. I got some Hydro Whey from ON actually and this is meant to be pure enough to release into the muscle as quickly as possibly and give that 20 minute post workout GH the best results. Could be all just marketing but I tend to try stick with the protein for the first while anyway just incase

Sounds like absolute broscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Paddy_PT

Supplement companies will tell you exactlly what you the biggest load of rubbish to make you buy there products.

If it sounds like bull **** then it usually is.... test boosters is a prime example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 arold10

Losing weight implies burning more calories than what's consumed, or intake less calories than what's burned off. Gaining weight would be the exact opposite. If you're interested in gaining weight, you would have to make sure that you intake a lot more calories than you burn, then your body would start converting these extra calories into fat. Weight loss would start occurring gradually as a result.

• Site Banned Posts: 30 Jack the Box

Hit the GOMAD diet hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Maybe you should add some more calorie dense foods, some of the nut butters are great nutritious and calorie heavy options, cashew, peanut and almond etc, not too mention being a way better alternative to the bags of sugar aka mass gainers that supplement companies sell.

Don't get caught up in this bulking and cutting rubbish, this usually leads to more fat gains rather than lean muscle mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Don't get caught up in this bulking and cutting rubbish, this usually leads to more fat gains rather than lean muscle mass.

What's your alternative? Spinning your wheels attempting a recomp?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you do it wrong.

You do anything wrong and you won't get the same results as doing it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I get that but I'm just curious as to why they get a whole workout to themselves but back doesn't but that's just in the context of having the same time constraints for every workout, I suppose.

Most bro splits its shoulders/calves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Vaidookas_

Hey,

Make sure your training split is build around hypertrophy not strength.
    Make sure you get your required calories counted by professional. Spread them in meals every 3 hours for quick metabolism.
    Get at least 8-10 hours sleep if you work hard.
    Get supplements if you cant eat-up your calories.

I had same client like you who couldn't gain weight, he is now heavy and ripped as hell :) You should be blessed that your methabolism is so quick ;)

If you need professional advise on nutrition or body-building PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement