Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Related Garbage Creeping into After Hours

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It happens to all religions.

Serious question, what happened to the blasphemy law and what is Boards official stance on it now? (Personally I think it's idiotic, but that's besides the point)

Well its still there (the law).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Serious question, what happened to the blasphemy law and what is Boards official stance on it now? (Personally I think it's idiotic, but that's besides the point)
    I could be corrected, but Boards unofficial stance is also that it's idiotic.

It is still law, however, so potentially outrageous material would still have to be assessed by the office. It's likely anything that "blasphemous" would already be pulled for other reasons first.

I only know of one incident of anything removed and there were other issues at play. Certainly religion doesn't get to hide behind this law on Boards.

Advertisement