Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm New To Xbox Megathread : CHRISTMAS 2014 EDITION

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Welcome noobish ones 

How's the head? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Need help if possible folks. I got my son a couple of original Xbox games for 360. However when I try load them it says

"game error. The game couldn't start. Try downloading game again. For more help visit www.xbox.com/support"

The 360 has a hard drive, the games are on the list of backward compatibility games and I've visited the recommended link but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    How's the head? lol

Urgh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Need help if possible folks. I got my son a couple of original Xbox games for 360. However when I try load them it says

"game error. The game couldn't start. Try downloading game again. For more help visit www.xbox.com/support"

The 360 has a hard drive, the games are on the list of backward compatibility games and I've visited the recommended link but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated?
    Is it a genuine hard drive? There's an issue with using anything other than official ones, something to do with a partition or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I remember that you had to have your xbox on xbox live to download some small thing for the xbox 360 to make sure they work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What list are you seeing these on? Is there an MS certified list?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

What list are you seeing these on? Is there an MS certified list?

Yeah it is on the Xbox.com website.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,
    does the xb live account under my name stand for the whole console.
    so any of the kids - with their own account on th xb - can use the live account ?

I can play PvZ in my account but he can't play it in his account !!

why so.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,
    does the xb live account under my name stand for the whole console.
    so any of the kids - with their own account on th xb - can use the live account ?

I can play PvZ in my account but he can't play it in his account !!

why so.

K

Try going into settings and set the console as your home Xbox. Assuming that the Xbox live subscription is in your name, any other gamertag that logs into that Xbox will have full access to live features.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Try going into settings and set the console as your home Xbox. Assuming that the Xbox live subscription is in your name, any other gamertag that logs into that Xbox will have full access to live features.

that worked - thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

junior got an xbox1 for xmas and just have a query when a game doesnt work. Downloaded Worms Battleground (free) it worked on the day but when loading it now when it asks you to press "A" , nothing happens. is it case of deleting and reinstalling ?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

silverharp wrote: »
    junior got an xbox1 for xmas and just have a query when a game doesnt work. Downloaded Worms Battleground (free) it worked on the day but when loading it now when it asks you to press "A" , nothing happens. is it case of deleting and reinstalling ?
    Yea, it should work, and you will still have your save points

Edit:also after deleting do a power cycle (hold the power button on the xbox for 10 seconds) before reinstalling

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gamer1234

Hey guys just wonderin isthe hdmi cable that came with the xbox good enough for a big tele. When I'm playing fifa it's like I can see double vision maybe it's not the cable but said Id try that first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

gamer1234 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wonderin isthe hdmi cable that came with the xbox good enough for a big tele. When I'm playing fifa it's like I can see double vision maybe it's not the cable but said Id try that first

Sounds like a refresh rate issue with the tv. Try turning off any image modes like 'Gaming' etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

deco nate wrote: »
    Yea, it should work, and you will still have your save points

Edit:also after deleting do a power cycle (hold the power button on the xbox for 10 seconds) before reinstalling

thanks it needed the power cycle to install correctly again

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

got Destiny with my xbox one, does anyone here play it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

got Destiny with my xbox one, does anyone here play it ?

There's a Destiny thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056881390&page=210

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Indeed, ask in there and you'll certainly find someone. There's also the Xbox Gamer Tag thread here, you might also have some luck in there.

Advertisement