Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hudl2: 8" Andriod Tablet for £109 from TescoDirect via Parcelmotel

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are people happy with their Hudl 2s? Was that charging issue sorted out? Thinking of buying one for my mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've had one since release and I'm well happy with it, good screen, battery life good. I did have a charging issue where if I plugged the charger in whilst it was on it wouldn't charge - it just held whatever % charge it was on. That has now been fixed as of an update about two weeks ago.

I would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Interesting thanks, can others confirm the charging issue is fixed because it sounds like a great tablet when not affected by that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks, is there a Lollipop ROM for Hudl 2, that is recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kungfual

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, is there a Lollipop ROM for Hudl 2, that is recommended

Is the latest official update to Lollipop ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

kungfual wrote: »
    Is the latest official update to Lollipop ?

Not sure about the update to Lollipop unless your root it.
    Charging issue seems to be fixed I think it's a great little tablet screen is good quality it does run a bit hot over sustained use they enabled the movement of apps to an sd card which is great. You can install a 3rd party launcher like Google to de-Tesco it and stop most of the tesco apps from running on power on.
    So I would still recommend it as a decent Andriod tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭emo72

I have 2 of these and they have been updated to lollipop. Automatic updates pushed by tesco themselves. I'm not bothered to root, just put Google now launcher on it. Grand machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Thargor wrote: »
    Are people happy with their Hudl 2s? Was that charging issue sorted out? Thinking of buying one for my mother.

Yep all sorted.. I love mine best tablet I ever bought . Your mother will love it and it's pretty fast 👌👌👌.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

emo72 wrote: »
    I have 2 of these and they have been updated to lollipop. Automatic updates pushed by tesco themselves. I'm not bothered to root, just put Google now launcher on it. Grand machines.

Huh?

There's no lollipop rom for the hudl 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Definitely no Lollipop this end, I'm non root.

I run this thing at times from 100% battery til near flat and I have yet to see any issues, no heat either but then this is one sample - I have read about folk having issues. Now that the charging issue is fixed, for me that is, I have no problem with the Hudl2 - top piece of kit in my book. Get one, actually, get two lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 kungfual

So you would just need to put Google Now Launcher on it?
    And sorry do you need to take any Tesco stuff off it, is it tricky?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

kungfual wrote: »
    So you would just need to put Google Now Launcher on it?
    And sorry do you need to take any Tesco stuff off it, is it tricky?

You can't really remove the Tesco stuff you can stop most of their apps running and the Google now or any other launcher will make it boot like a standard almost stock Andriod tablet. It's not a deal breaker, just something you can do to make it more to your liking.

Advertisement