Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hudl2: 8" Andriod Tablet for £109 from TescoDirect via Parcelmotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

viking wrote: »
    I'm not at home so haven't been able to check but has anyone got the patch yet?
    Cheers

Just checked the MoDaCo forum and nothing yet, will check when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Do you know from previous experience that Tesco do £20 codes? I'm happy to wait too, but only if I think it might be on the way :D

Just as an aside- is there anyway to use the Aldi €10 off €50 shop voucher, can you use it to buy a Tesco giftcard and then spend that as part of the transaction?

Read back in this thread. They do £20 vouchers.

I don't think you can mix and match GBP with EUR vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Grand, will hold off pulling the trigger till the 20 quid vouchers are back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Guys is there any way of tracking a parcel from Tesco they dispatched mine last Thursday i just want to make sure I'm in Dublin to collect from pm hotel .

so i went on to Tesco direct website hit track you're item and i'm getting this below can anyone shed any light on this for me ?

( Parcel at our warehouse Current Location information not available)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I haven't seen any 20 pound off vouchers lately. can't see them coming back any time soon.

• Advertisement

Looks like Tesco are denying knowing anything about the update retain lay via their Twitter agents according to the forum I listed above.

Gick I haven't even got my hudle yet and I'm already starting to reget buying it. is it really that bad ?

I've done a tone of research and there's a lot of positive feed back about it could it be there was just a bad batch ?

My brother bought one b4 the xmas for his daughter and it's working perfect .

Gick I haven't even got my hudle yet and I'm already starting to reget buying it. is it really that bad ?

I've done a tone of research and there's a lot of positive feed back about it could it be there was just a bad batch ?

My brother bought one b4 the xmas for his daughter and it's working perfect .
    No it's fine I'm very happy with mine the charging issue just needs to be patched, I power mine down overnight for charging and it works fine I'm very happy with mine and I'm pretty finicky when it comes to gadgets.

Well got mine last night and I can't say enough about it its amazing for the price and fast as hell .I charged mine while using it and and it wet to 100% so all seems good for now. over all very happy with it for now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

No problems with the two in our house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭celt262

MaceFace wrote: »
    No problems with the two in our house.

Mine going like a dream got it in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Got a reply from Tesco, they've confirmed the issue and have got an update planned:
    The issue that you are experiencing is something that has been reported by a small number of users to ourselves, but we have managed to replicate the problem. Having done this we have developed a resolution for this issue and will be releasing the fix for this issue, as well as some other minor issues, in an update to the hudl2 software very soon.
    We're hoping the update will go live within the next couple of weeks.

Guys is it possible to move apps to SD card I'm trying to but it won't allow ?my Samsung allows me to move some apps the hudl is supposed to have 16gb internal but only displays 9gb and I'm down to 5gb already ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Didn't Google disable that in one of the recent releases of android. I'm not certain though.

Not to sure but i had the Samsung s4 a while ago and was able to move certain apps over onto the SD card.

so all we can use the SD card for is music and pictures ?

I think that's true of the current version of android not sure if the new version will allow it or not and even if Hudl will get that update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I just read its a problem on some new devices like the Xperia E3. But not on the higher end Experias I think because Sony have put an app on those to do it.

I don't have a device with that problem. Mine are all older devices.

Did anyone else get a message on the hudl to update battery as it may be out of date?? I dident get enough time to read it properly as I was reading something else it poped up and I kinda dismissed it by mistake .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No update here.

Liamalone wrote: »
    No update here.

Strange it popped up and some of what I seen said battery may be out of date and take longer to charge etc please update ?

• Advertisement

The Hudl 2 update is live go into settings about tablet and click Hudl updates. Make sure the Hudl is charged over 50% before attempting it

The Hudl 2 update is live go into settings about tablet and click Hudl updates. Make sure the Hudl is charged over 50% before attempting it

Brilliant just updating now and I see one of the updates allows us to move apps over onto the sd card freeing up internal space :) woooo !!

Mind you the mirroring to Tv with Chromecast was there already so can't see why that was in the update ?

The charging issue is resolved, great news!

Well I was charging mine and green light came on at 98% so hmmm .

To clarify, I meant the issue where charging wasn't working unless it was powered off/ restarted. Don't know about the 98% issue yet :/

Happy enough with the update, it seems to have fixed the battery charging issue and its nice that we can move the apps over to an sd card.
    Also Modaco did an interview with the Tesco Hudl team, seems they are looking at Lolipop but haven't had enough time to see if it will improve the customer experience http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/meeting-with-hudl-on-battery-charging-lollipop-and-more-r1439
    Also Tesco's have released a keyboard case for the Hudl! http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl2-bluetooth-keyboard-case/598-0516.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=598-0516

Mind you the mirroring to Tv with Chromecast was there already so can't see why that was in the update ?
    Apparently if you uninstall the chromecast app you can still cast the whole screen from the dropdown menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Any talk of the £109 price per chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Charging issue not fixed here, been sitting with screen off and charger plugged in for over an hour here and hasn't budged from 24% charge.

• Advertisement

Picked this up for my daughter a couple of weeks ago when the 33% offer was on, its a pretty fine keyboard and stand.

Advertisement