Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

AKW wrote: »
    New shoes always help with running :)

with the lack of running I did this year even I can't manage to pull that one off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

trainerman wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice. Training for an IM distance next August - my 2nd. I'm just back from an ankle injury but running ok now - up to 40min runs. Running probably is my favourite discipline. I'm confident I can do the distance but want to improve my time. What sort of training would you recommend for this time of year? Last IM run was about 4hr 30. 5km PB is 20.00min. Also doing 3 bike sessions & 1-2 swims per week.
    thanks
    with the lack of running I did this year even I can't manage to pull that one off!

Problem solved?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

tunney wrote: »
    Problem solved?

you must have missed this bit...
    .... I'm just back from an ankle injury but running ok now....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

you must have missed this bit...

Must have been bad to stop you running for a year.

This thread I think is a good example of what I was talking about in the streak thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Trainerman I think you would be better of to listen to the fair point Tunney makes rather to read to much into it how it's said .you want free advise so don't expect to be treated like a king and essentially what Tunney Says is correct, now you have to put it in context to make it work for yourself and increase miles how you see fit
    tunney wrote: »
    Must have been bad to stop you running for a year.

This thread I think is a good example of what I was talking about in the streak thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dawehead

Ok - thanks for all the replys - apologies for snapping earlier!! To answer some qs:
    1hr drive each way,

Why don't you commute by bike? Am guessing a 1 hr drive is probably a 2hr cycle (assuming it isn't a very heavy traffic ride). That's 4 hrs biking done in a day and leave your runners out before you leave, home straight on with runners 30mins run. 4.5hr training day, saved 2hrs driving, cost only 2.5hrs.

If no showers in work just take baby wipes & a can of lynx. You do triathlon so people at work probably already think you are strange, this will only add to your aura

Advertisement