Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Aguero

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im bringing costa back in. I didnt think he was worth his price previously as I was never going to captain him. With aguero gone for a month now money is no object for most of our teams so can afford to spend 11 million on a striker that I may not captain too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Costa
    iroced wrote: »
    Yeah, true he was on fire before his injury.

Think I've narrowed it down to 3: Sakho, Benteke, Bony to replace Aguero. A United striker was my original plan but they were dire tonight. I can't afford RVP with my previously planned moves (need to buy 1 GK and a "premium" def and maybe a City mid).

Looking at their fixtures 'til the New Year:
    - Benteke : WB (a), MU (H), Swa (a), Sun (H), CP (H)
    - Bony.... : Tot (H), Hul (a), AV (H), Liv (a), QPR (a)
    - Sakho.. : Sun (a), Lei (H), Che (a), Ars (H), WB (H)
    Villa fixtures are really good though. WH do play thrice at home too.

Now looking at their stats this season
    - Benteke : Let's say he played 4 games. Scored once at home. Assisted once away. 50% record in terms of getting something/game (1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games)
    - Bony.... : Played the 15 games though came on late twice. Scored 4 and assisted once at home, scored thrice and assisted once away. About even home/away stats. 60% record.
    - Sakho... : Played 8 (7.5 actually :p). Scored 4 at home. Scored 2 and assisted 2 away. Again pretty even stats. That said he's on a 100% record (6 golas and 2 assists in 8 games).

Hmm. Think you guys have almost convinced me on Diafra... The only concern regarding him is can he handle that many games in a row now?

While no injury is good, the fact that it was only a minor back injury is probably as good an injury for us in terms of game-time.
    It's not like he's returning from a leg related injury that could easily go again.

I think Big Sam went on record as saying he wouldn't be rushed back, so in a way, I think it's great that he has had a nice little rest for the hectic schedule ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FFS take on Agüero's replacement => http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/12/11/the-burning-question-how-do-fantasy-managers-cope-with-the-aguero-injury-fall-out/

I see Dzeko being mentioned several times... I'm getting worried now :o...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Lukaku
    City's fixtures are too good not to have some coverage. I plumped for Yaya but even if he does get his fifth card soon enough the next match is nearly too good to sell him. May also look at Zabaletta. If Dzeko gets motoring over the next couple of GW's then he obviously will be required as well

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have never owned dzecko
    I might by tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement