Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Aguero

Options
  • 08-12-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

If the early reports appear correct it looks like Aguero is out until the New Year. Who are you bringing in for him?

Who are you bringing in for Aguero 119 votes

Pelle
    0%
    Austin
    0%
    rock whore 1 vote
    Rooney
    0%
    Dzeko
    10%
    peterswellmanpatmacmcgoochtoutsirish_manOwen_STed_YNWApower1012_friCalvinRosco79Big Borgclayton012 13 votes
    Jovetic
    21%
    the whole year innbohsmanzarquonRoonboxronan.hDearg81Panthrocallaway92bo-scoharpstilidieskippy15shano_88wonskiMR NINEJohn83tmc86stiffler123CrabieCrawfordCSFswoody 26 votes
    Kane
    0%
    Bony
    1%
    RojiblancosSpuddMurphy 2 votes
    Lukaku
    10%
    SkySterAdMMMWombatmanleonardsNabyLadisthemanTony_Montanacup of teaScorpion StingrichieffffRichard HillmanMythicalMadManhjklHoney Monster 13 votes
    Berahino
    2%
    jamesbondingsMarkxqwabercd 3 votes
    Sakho
    0%
    Costa
    6%
    Sooner or Latersekllythe incredible puddingPARlanceBleating Lambahnowbrowncowhurlingman97Nib 8 votes
    Ings
    22%
    TacT[Deleted User]NichololasShaque attackRikandArmaniJeanssMikey23[Deleted User]redzerdrogFutureGuyShaneUgreensausagejkelly85muppet_2008maximo31OneColdHandFowler87The Gibzillashadowcomplexsheroman01 27 votes
    Welbeck
    1%
    LiamaloneCopa Mundial 2 votes
    Giroud
    0%
    Van Persie
    0%
    Richard tea 1 vote
    Benteke
    12%
    PWEIcullenswoodfranmanpatrickcdonglenbeaver111Rock StrongoHype710mectavbanolllaigweekaizerPaully DPosadaSands81KevinMunster12 15 votes
    Other
    6%
    FastFullBackJR6itsnotmyfaultbezuauaEasy Rodinternet_userFrClintPowerdynamited 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'll see who others are bringing in on the transfers thread and see if I can find some inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Berahino
    I know there's a good bit of talk about it in some of the other threads but seeing as nearly all of us on here have Aguero and will be shipping him with his injury I thought it's worthy of a thread in it's own right.

Simple question - who are you getting in for him?

Personally I think it shakes things up a bit and the decision on who to bring in and where to use the spare cash for the next month or so will be crucial as the choices are likely to deviate a lot in a season where many teams have been very similar.

I think I'll be taking a punt on Lukaku. A highly frustrating player to own but with decent fixtures for Everton I'm hoping to catch him at the start of a good run. Unlikely to see much rotation over the Christmas and although Everton haven't been great lately they're still a good side.

Giving strong consideration to Dzeko, but there's doubts over him with the recent injury. Ultimately I have my eyes on Silva and I don't want 2 city attackers when they're without Aguero.

I see quite a few have mentioned Benteke but he wouldn't be for me. Villa are a fairly poor side and Benteke hasn't been in good goalscoring form in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Lukaku
    qwabercd wrote: »
    I know there's a good bit of talk about it in some of the other threads but seeing as nearly all of us on here have Aguero and will be shipping him with his injury I thought it's worthy of a thread in it's own right.

Personally I think it shakes things up a bit and the decision on who to bring in and where to use the spare cash for the next month or so will be crucial as the choices are likely to deviate a lot in a season where many teams have been very similar.

I think I'll be taking a punt on Lukaku. A highly frustrating player to own but with decent fixtures for Everton I'm hoping to catch him at the start of a good run. Unlikely to see much rotation over the Christmas and although Everton haven't been great lately they're still a good side.

Giving strong consideration to Dzeko, but there's doubts over him with the recent injury. Ultimately I have my eyes on Silva and I don't want 2 city attackers when they're without Aguero.

I see quite a few have mentioned Benteke but he wouldn't be for me. Villa are a fairly poor side and Benteke hasn't been in good goalscoring form in quite a while.

Just posted a poll...

Berahino
    SkySter wrote: »
    Just posted a poll...

Great minds and all that.. mods can delete/merge!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

qwabercd wrote: »

I hope you did not watch Gary Neville's analysis of lukaku just there .....

• Advertisement

Berahino
    km79 wrote: »
    I hope you did not watch Gary Neville's analysis of lukaku just there .....

Funnily enough I've never rated lukaku as a player myself at all, just hoping to catch him on a hot run.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lukaku
    SkySter wrote: »
    Mods. Please Delete as we have two polls.

This one was created first though. ;) I'd say they'll be merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How about some Rockin Robin for the festive period :)

Lukaku
    How about some Rockin Robin for the festive period :)

Not worth the price tag one bit unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jebforever wrote: »
    Not worth the price tag one bit unfortunately.

I guess one good reason would be a straight swap back to Aguero would be straightforward but he'd want to be scoring every week to justify it alright.

With Carrick back though his supply should be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I've .7 in the bank which may come in handy when it comes to bringing back Kun. Undecided if I'll replace him. Rooney is the one I'm looking at. Possibly upgrade a MF to Yaya as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Dzeko
    Andy Carroll anybody? (srs)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Benteke
    For those more knowledgeable than myself re: price rises/drops, how much do you think Aguero will cost by the time he's fit to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ings
    Fabregas to yaya
    Aguero to Costa

*winces*

Lukaku
    Paully D wrote: »
    For those more knowledgeable than myself re: price rises/drops, how much do you think Aguero will cost by the time he's fit to come back?

I would guess 12.5 if he was confirmed out for 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Ings
    already made the switch to Costa and I don't like it but everyone is going to have him and if he goes nuts against Hull there will be hell to pay with a lot giving the armband to him or Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Costa
    Already have Costa so in comes Sakho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ings

Hope you're right as that's my selling price. I'd say you're not far off.

Aguero to Costa for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ings

It could even be lower.

4 real time weeks is 6 game weeks over christmas. So even if he only dropped 0.1 each week, he could be down to 12.3m. And he'll probably drop at least 0.2m this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Costa
    Went with Sakho. Also Chambers to Clichy.

7.1m in bank. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Costa
    Nib wrote: »

Same here. Sakho in for Aguero.
    Couldn't have imagined typing that 4 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Costa
    Haven't made my mind up yet, can a player drop by .2 in one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

seklly wrote: »
    Haven't made my mind up yet, can a player drop by .2 in one night?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Bojan

Already have Costa so in comes Sakho
    Nib wrote: »

PARlance wrote: »
    Same here. Sakho in for Aguero.
    Couldn't have imagined typing that 4 months ago.

Why the general love for Sakho? Didn't see the his game at the week-end? Was he that good? Is he 100% fit (saw he only played 45 min)?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Costa
    iroced wrote: »
    Why the general love for Sakho? Didn't see the his game at the week-end? Was he that good? Is he 100% fit (saw he only played 45 min)?

Came on at HT.
    Hit the post twice, scored and looked very good.

It wasn't that he was that good in the match per se, it's just that he's that good in general imo.
    7.3 pts per 90mins this season.
    Only Aguero & Sanchez are really beating that.

PARlance wrote: »
    Came on at HT.
    Hit the post twice, scored and looked very good.

It wasn't that he was that good in the match per se, it's just that he's that good in general imo.
    7.3 pts per 90mins this season.
    Only Aguero & Sanchez are really beating that.

Yeah, true he was on fire before his injury.

Think I've narrowed it down to 3: Sakho, Benteke, Bony to replace Aguero. A United striker was my original plan but they were dire tonight. I can't afford RVP with my previously planned moves (need to buy 1 GK and a "premium" def and maybe a City mid).

Looking at their fixtures 'til the New Year:
    - Benteke : WB (a), MU (H), Swa (a), Sun (H), CP (H)
    - Bony.... : Tot (H), Hul (a), AV (H), Liv (a), QPR (a)
    - Sakho.. : Sun (a), Lei (H), Che (a), Ars (H), WB (H)
    Villa fixtures are really good though. WH do play thrice at home too.

Now looking at their stats this season
    - Benteke : Let's say he played 4 games. Scored once at home. Assisted once away. 50% record in terms of getting something/game (1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games)
    - Bony.... : Played the 15 games though came on late twice. Scored 4 and assisted once at home, scored thrice and assisted once away. About even home/away stats. 60% record.
    - Sakho... : Played 8 (7.5 actually :p). Scored 4 at home. Scored 2 and assisted 2 away. Again pretty even stats. That said he's on a 100% record (6 golas and 2 assists in 8 games).

Hmm. Think you guys have almost convinced me on Diafra... The only concern regarding him is can he handle that many games in a row now?

Lukaku
    It could even be lower.

4 real time weeks is 6 game weeks over christmas. So even if he only dropped 0.1 each week, he could be down to 12.3m. And he'll probably drop at least 0.2m this week.

The vast majority of those selling will have sold this week so I can't see him going to 12.3m really.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

It could even be lower.

The sooner he is red flagged then the less likely he is to tumble.

Red flagged players need a lot more transfers out to drop.

If he gets red flagged tomorrow, on official news of a long absence, then most will ship him out enmasse particularly on fri/sat but after that his price wont drop much more.

Assuming he gets red flagged tomorrow, I would guess 12.4 to be the absolute lowpoint.

• Advertisement

Just one thing about Aguero dropping in price. It is one thing how much he'll drop (£0,4m, £0.5m, £0.6m...?). But there's another thing to consider; the players you'll directly and indirectly get during his absence could/should make you gain a couple or more £0.1m which in time should allow buying him back without trouble even if his price does stay higher than expeced ;).

Advertisement