Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The constant attempts to portray everyone who disagrees with you as not wanting to keep current managers happy is frustrating though; just because I disagree about how to achieve the same goal, doesn't mean we have different ones. And pulling out of a vote just because people disagree with you does nothing but damage your own side of the vote.

I pretty much don't have any side of any discussion which in any way shape or form causes a manger to quit.....

As for my 'constant portrayals' would you give me an example of what the others that disagree with me on a constant basis have put forward to rectify this?

1 example will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

may i just summarise the no vote vs tupac with a gif (yeah know i love them gif)

SuSUKJI.gif

wont end well for ya tupac.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

"I dont know what a tracker mortgage is"

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    "I dont know what a tracker mortgage is"

its a mortgage that tracks/follows the movements of another rate. simplez. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I pretty much don't have any side of any discussion which in any way shape or form causes a manger to quit.....

Which manager is this now?

You obviously feel passionately about the matter, that's clear when you're debating it. So I can't understand why you pull your vote in some grand symbolic gesture which does nothing but make it harder for the change you want to actually come to pass.
    As for my 'constant portrayals' would you give me an example of what the others that disagree with me on a constant basis have put forward to rectify this?

1 example will do

If you read through the other topic, there's plenty of examples of why people are objecting to turning the thing on, and I've got no intentions of restating those arguments again. If you want to continue the debate about the vote, there's a topic for it, but stop trying to slyly misrepresent our intentions on the matter.

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    its a mortgage that tracks/follows the movements of another rate. simplez. ;)

ok and when is a vote not a vote? :P

just 1 more point to get to the knock outs, just one more point...

Certified Cable Tie Technician earned a draw with FC Porto against Cardiff City.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and Cardiff City in their SMFA Shield Group E fixture.
    Hulk was on the scoresheet for his side.

ok and when is a vote not a vote? :P

when you vote for it not to be a vote...... :confused:

Which manager is this now?

You obviously feel passionately about the matter, that's clear when you're debating it. So I can't understand why you pull your vote in some grand symbolic gesture which does nothing but make it harder for the change you want to actually come to pass.

If you read through the other topic, there's plenty of examples of why people are objecting to turning the thing on, and I've got no intentions of restating those arguments again. If you want to continue the debate about the vote, there's a topic for it, but stop trying to slyly misrepresent our intentions on the matter.

Whats so hard to understand its very very basic, its the loss of a manager vs some poxy vote, for me its a no brainer, the cost was too high in my eyes

Yes, such as squad caps and I even threw out the 'I won't buy if others agree' which I seem to recall were shot down without hesitation..... Any workable examples?
    oi

As for you quip, I will let that one slide mate as to be fair, as I can spot the breadcrumbs a mile off! Not getting drawn back into what essentially not only ends up as a repetitive debacle but a rather aging one at that.....

Whats the use in rehashing old phrases re-phrased anyway? There is clearly nothing new on the table so its a self defeating exercise

Its just that I don't see how pulling your vote stops a manager leaving. Did someone threaten to walk if you voted?

If the issue is apparently such a big deal that someone quits over it, would you not want every vote you can? What do you achieve by pulling out of a vote other than to make it harder to make a change? I disagree with you but I respect your right to vote, and simply can't work out why you'd pull your vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

And to add to that, will you abstain from all future votes in case someone goes mad, insults a poster and quits?

Its just that I don't see how pulling your vote stops a manager leaving. Did someone threaten to walk if you voted?

If the issue is apparently such a big deal that someone quits over it, would you not want every vote you can? What do you achieve by pulling out of a vote other than to make it harder to make a change? I disagree with you but I respect your right to vote, and simply can't work out why you'd pull your vote.

And that is EXACTLY the point I've been making! You and others cannot make it out because you refuse to believe what is writtin in front of you...

Last time....

I pulled my vote, because.....

A MANAGER QUIT OVER THE WHOLE POXY THING AND IF OTHERS WERE GOING TO FOLLOW SUIT I WANT NOOOOOOOOOO PART IN IT HENCE I RETRACT ALL VIEWS ON THE MATTER AND MY VOTE....

I'm asking one thing, just listen is all... There are other signs also but if some cannot accept what is written above as being my reason pulling my vote then what is the point in going further into the matter? What I've said above is on the most basic level of the big issue with the GW, It cost us a regular so for me its a non issue, keeping members is THE issue, always has been, that was my basis when I was voting on the matter and indeed throughout the whole GW...

I was going to create a poll on the following but not sure our poor league could take the drama of another vote. So I'm resorting to appealing to Mac and Wilberto's sentimentality ...

It seems that in his rush to create this thread Mac abandoned the legacy of our thread name :rolleyes:

Soccermanager.com
    SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World
    SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World
    SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World .... ? ;)

Do we need a vote or will the mods oblige? :D

And that is EXACTLY the point I've been making! You and others cannot make it out because you refuse to believe what is writtin in front of you...

Last time....

I pulled my vote, because.....

A MANAGER QUIT OVER THE WHOLE POXY THING AND IF OTHERS WERE GOING TO FOLLOW SUIT I WANT NOOOOOOOOOO PART IN IT HENCE I RETRACT ALL VIEWS ON THE MATTER AND MY VOTE....

I'm asking one thing, just listen is all... There are other signs also but if some cannot accept what is written above as being my reason pulling my vote then what is the point in going further into the matter? What I've said above is on the most basic level of the big issue with the GW, It cost us a regular so for me its a non issue, keeping members is THE issue, always has been, that was my basis when I was voting on the matter and indeed throughout the whole GW...

Because of a ban, not the vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Now I don't mean this as an insult Tupac but I'm always more confused after reading your posts than I was beforehand.

They're not as bad as Eireannbear's and Baz's were but I still can't manage to work out what you're trying to say half the time :confused:

all those against the vote should be made recruit new members and they (new manager) must make a commitment to play at least a season.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Because of a ban, not the vote.

No vote, no ban, hence retracted vote..... next

Now I don't mean this as an insult Tupac but I'm always more confused after reading your posts than I was beforehand.

They're not as bad as Eireannbear's and Baz's were but I still can't manage to work out what you're trying to say half the time :confused:

what you sayin bout cork people? :mad:

And to add to that, will you abstain from all future votes in case someone quits?

If we're talking about Baz (and I won't be talking much about it given I believe it's not on putting words in a banned users mouth when he can't respond), it looks like he got banned and then quit in a fit of anger; it doesn't look like the debate caused a manager to quit, but rather a manager quit when he got banned in some fit of rage. The debate, and your vote, has no impact on the fact he quit over (seemingly) a ban. You cancelling your vote doesn't bring him back and doesn't change what he did and said to get banned. It achieves nothing other than weakening a stance you seem quite passionate about, which is counter productive. Do we just never vote on anything again in case a user breaks the charter and gets himself a ban?

But whatever, I'll leave it there, stating one last time....please don't misrepresent others in their intentions; I (and I believe others) believe that keeping it off is in the best interest of the gameworld, both for current AND future managers, and I resent people trying to imply anything to the contrary.

• Advertisement

No offence taken mate, I tend to go off on strange tangents when I'm trying to say too many things at once! ha!

Net result in this matter is I want my vote retracted and some mods can't seem to comprehend or accept that.... That's not meant as an insult by the way but its true, I would just like me opinion and decision accepted, does not have to be respected but I would like a decision I came to myself accepted

Define someone? Do you mean someone that has put in effort since Day 1 and contributed or a fly by night that will take a club and not post, not buy or sell or do anything and just leave?

If a regular quits because of an involvement in a currently debated subject matter then I would abstain from voting, of course I would, especially if I was strongly appealing for one side

tbf ... we had this vote now so teams could adjust their transfer policy to suit what ever the outcome of the vote ... down side of having a vote early is not every one who voted will still be there when rules get implemented.

I think (just my opinion) anyone (still) at a club when the vote closed has their original vote counted. If you dont want to run the risk of changing your mind or are likely to be swayed by the arguments made in the voting thread ... wait until the last day of the vote to cast a vote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The user in question was banned for blatantly insulting another poster. It had nothing to do with the vote as that offence could have happened at any time. He has nobody to blame but himself. If you ask me, the with drawing of your vote is just a vain (and failed) attempt at moral superiority. No offence, but that's genuinely all I can see.

I was going to create a poll on the following but not sure our poor league could take the drama of another vote. So I'm resorting to appealing to Mac and Wilberto's sentimentality ...

It seems that in his rush to create this thread Mac abandoned the legacy of our thread name :rolleyes:

Soccermanager.com

Done, just for you. :D:) :P

wont somebody please think of the children...... :(

Soccermanager.com

Thanks to our splendit moderating team ... I've now stopped hyper ventalating with the 'correct' title on the thread :P

Define someone? Do you mean someone that has put in effort since Day 1 and contributed or a fly by night that will take a club and not post, not buy or sell or do anything and just leave?

If a regular quits because of an involvement in a currently debated subject matter then I would abstain from voting, of course I would, especially if I was strongly appealing for one side

But sure, by then its too late. You can't predict who or if someone will quit because of a vote.

We could get into a vote on monitoring again, something most have a strong feeling on. We're all busy discussing it, we've all voted and then Swoody/GT/Wilberto gets in a huff and quits...

Will you retract again!? The horse has bolted, its too late, the same as its too late now. Which I believe is TSCs point.

If we're talking about Baz (and I won't be talking much about it given I believe it's not on putting words in a banned users mouth when he can't respond), it looks like he got banned and then quit in a fit of anger; it doesn't look like the debate caused a manager to quit, but rather a manager quit when he got banned in some fit of rage. The debate, and your vote, has no impact on the fact he quit over (seemingly) a ban. You cancelling your vote doesn't bring him back and doesn't change what he did and said to get banned. It achieves nothing other than weakening a stance you seem quite passionate about, which is counter productive. Do we just never vote on anything again in case a user breaks the charter and gets himself a ban?

But whatever, I'll leave it there, stating one last time....please don't misrepresent others in their intentions; I (and I believe others) believe that keeping it off is in the best interest of the gameworld, both for current AND future managers, and I resent people trying to imply anything to the contrary.

That's an idealistic statement to say the least & regarding Baz, if you truly believe the above paragraph about the turn of events then I best not comment on it........

Naive mate, again not an insult but surely you cannot deny if there was no vote there could not have been a ban?

Look either way, as Swoody said, no chance this is ending well for me so I've said my piece (more than once) and that's me done on the subject

Thanks to our splendit moderating team ... I've now stopped hyper ventalating with the 'correct' title on the thread :P

original.gif?v=1

• Advertisement

But sure, by then its too late. You can't predict who or if someone will quit because of a vote.

We could get into a vote on monitoring again, something most have a strong feeling on. We're all busy discussing it, we've all voted and then Swoody/GT/Wilberto gets in a huff and quits...

Will you retract again!? The horse has bolted, its too late, the same as its too late now. Which I believe is TSCs point.

I DONT GET IN HUFFS, I GET MY KNICKERS IN A TWIST ...:eek:

wait, that was my inside voice right? right? oooooh damn no, not again!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement