Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccermanager.com

Options
  • 27-02-2013 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

**UPDATE MAY 2013**
    We are still accepting players into the game world.you can PM me if you need any help in getting started.

We have created a Soccermanager.com league world for the Boards.ie members only. It only launched on 24th of March 2013 and new members are always welcome.
    If you would like a team in it, then register on the site and then search for game world ID:174426 to view free clubs. If you want a club then click "Apply" and post in here your user name and which club you applied for and ill accept you into the world ASAP.

Thanks lads
    Eddy
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As alot of the big clubs are already managed players who join now will start with a small team and try too amass as much manager points as possible as down the road when teams become free we refer too manager points and the manager with the most points who wants the job is awarded it.it is easyier too get points with small teams then big teams as this explains

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win: 3 pts
    Draw: 1 pts
    Lose: 0 pts
    Win against stronger team: 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team: 2 pts
    League Title: 10 pts
    Cup Title: 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I have an account on it, was 6th place with QPR and didn't sign in for over 3 weeks so got automatically fired. Was too annoyed to go back after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I have an account on it, was 6th place with QPR and didn't sign in for over 3 weeks so got automatically fired. Was too annoyed to go back after that.
    3 weeks?normslly it's 30 days before your fired..I would set up a game world for boards.ie felas if we had enough interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

3 weeks?normslly it's 30 days before your fired..I would set up a game world for boards.ie felas if we had enough interest

Must have been 30 days so, it was a good while ago. I find that I prefer FM and CM to it, but if there was a lot of interest I'd probably join the game world.

Ya must have been...if we could drum up interest and have the game world locked too boardsies only

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'd be in for it, once we get the numbers and no no shows :P

• Advertisement

Ok so thats 3 any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What sort of time commitment is required?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I'd have interest as well, again depending on time involved. Is this a 10 min a day kind of thing or a 10 hour a day FM job?

Just log in for 10mins a day lads...do your tactics...maybe bid for 1r2 players thats it...you only manage the senior team your not training and running the reserves like some football manager Games...normally 2 league games a week and 1cup a week sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ha I got Tottenham :D

Lost 3-2 to Zenit though :(

Just made a sneak bid for an unhappy Modric at Madrid

• Advertisement

So there's 6r7 interested in this at the mo...if we could double that ill open a game world locked too boards.ie users and assaign clubs in the order people register there interest starting with the first.so if your reading this and would like too be involved let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

I never really post on boards anymore but if this happens id be interested in joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Id give it a whirl yeah. Count me in

icarus86 wrote: »
    I never really post on boards anymore but if this happens id be interested in joining.
    Just try and keep an eye on this thread so.ill lock the game world then so managers will only be left in by me and ill only allow in managers who post here that stops people haveing multiple accounts etc.

icarus86 wrote: »
    Just try and keep an eye on this thread so.ill lock the game world then so managers will only be left in by me and ill only allow in managers who post here that stops people haveing multiple accounts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yeah ill be keeping an eye on the thread, i dont post very often on here but i am more of a lurker :D Iv had a soccermanager account for a few years as well, but that multipe account craic can spoil it it.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

So there's 6r7 interested in this at the mo...if we could double that ill open a game world locked too boards.ie users and assaign clubs in the order people register there interest starting with the first.so if your reading this and would like too be involved let us know

Yeah i'm in then, will pass some time in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

Im up for this. Will it be a world league or pick a leauge?

What do ye think?
    I think a custom world championship... Get all the big guns in it like barca ac milan united city etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

ill do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah I'm interested in this too :D

Ok lads numbers are going well...I think ill keep bumping the thread for one more week then start lists of names for clubs in order...

Any one any special requests for certain game worlds or certain clubs?

How many divisons?3?4?
    How many clubs per Divison?20??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im interested in principle too, quick question, hardly any way to speed the game up is there? Took control of a team a couple of days ago but wouldnt have the patience to play once match every day

No.the game is played in real time.2r3 matchs A week..options too play friendlys too.as your playing real people not computer managed teams you can't speed games up...I find it much more competitive then FM Also you find your self logging in more too check on your team then fm

Why though? You set your team up, you sort your tactics out and you forget about it till game day and its not even a disaster if you forget about it for a couple of weeks by the looks of it, very simplistic?

Maybe it will be more appealing if there are a few of us playing

kryogen wrote: »
    Why though? You set your team up, you sort your tactics out and you forget about it till game day and its not even a disaster if you forget about it for a couple of weeks by the looks of it, very simplistic?

Maybe it will be more appealing if there are a few of us playing
    Your forgetting the buying and selling of players...the scouting of youth players added too the game..also if you "forget" your team selection players become tired and don't preform well...

Your forgetting the buying and selling of players...the scouting of youth players added too the game..also if you "forget" your team selection players become tired and don't preform well...

Im not forgetting it, my team now consists of De Rossi, Van Der Vaart, Ozil, Ribery, Rooney, Diego, Godin, Adler etc etc etc on top of the players I already had at the club!

Plenty of room for rotation in the squad now, all I have to do is log in, once a day for about 5 minutes, I will never feel like I am really into the game if you understand me, but competing with others from here might make it more interesting I hope, get it sorted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

What do ye think?
    I think a custom world championship... Get all the big guns in it like barca ac milan united city etc
    Ok lads numbers are going well...I think ill keep bumping the thread for one more week then start lists of names for clubs in order...

Any one any special requests for certain game worlds or certain clubs?

How many divisons?3?4?
    How many clubs per Divison?20??

Big Clubs you say? Will have to take Liverpool so.

kryogen wrote: »

Im not forgetting it, my team now consists of De Rossi, Van Der Vaart, Ozil, Ribery, Rooney, Diego, Godin, Adler etc etc etc on top of the players I already had at the club!

Plenty of room for rotation in the squad now, all I have to do is log in, once a day for about 5 minutes, I will never feel like I am really into the game if you understand me, but competing with others from here might make it more interesting I hope, get it sorted! :)

Too be honest 10-15 mins a day is enough i think when people play other games and have jobs etc...
    The competitive side be great if game world is full and everyone playing regularly...

• Advertisement

danwhite88 wrote: »

Big Clubs you say? Will have to take Liverpool so.

Ha ha no bothers...what ill do is leave this thread active n once we drum up a good few body's ill open the game world and let players request there clubs here first...the requests will operate on a first come first serve basis in order of posts in this thread...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement