Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Fabrico COLOCCINI will be available as part of an exchange, with cash, for another Defender/Defensive Mid 88+ once his TB is up 16th August. Send me on details of anyone ye have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Congrats Kersplat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Congrats to Bayern on your win!

Sorry to see you go down Ger your taking my spot :p The fact you went down just confirms what a joke this game really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Congrats to Bayern on your win!

Sorry to see you go down Ger your taking my spot :p The fact you went down just confirms what a joke this game really is.

D1 starting 11 team averages and they're in their finished position.

Bayern 93
    Real Madrid 93
    Atletico Madrid 93
    Barcelona 94
    Juventus 90
    Paris Saint-Germain 92
    Arsenal 92
    Roma 90
    Dortmund 92
    Everton 90
    Internazionale 89
    Tottenham 92
    Chelsea 92
    Manchester United 92
    Porto 89
    Napoli 90
    Ajax 89
    Manchester City 93
    Hamburg 89
    AC Milan 90

looks like the match engine has done fine to me in making sure the top teams finish high up and the meh! at the bottom. :)

Yes of course two in a row title winners go down

The same with Bayern they won it and nearly relegated for next couple seasons after, great job :pac:

In division 2 Spartak have had the same squad for last few seasons and he had it hard last few seasons and with the same squad this season bates all around him to go up 2nd with all the stronger teams like Lazio, Atletico, etc falling short.

Last season Inter went up with essentially the same squad the poor fella had an awful time with the seasons before and it went through the bigger teams in D1 for a lot of this season like a knife in hot butter and had a nice finish.

Actually look at Flamengos post above. He had a weak squad and went straight from D4 to D2 in two seasons back to back. Then he actually strengthens the team and he is relegated back to back, but wins the shield? Ffs

Oh and make no mistake to those teams fair play to ye sure I was delighted to see Inter doing well and said it to him and it's nice to see one of us common folk battling in D1 like Spartak but most of us here can see there's a serious wtf yo yoing to this game at times.

You'd wonder if you can trust it to be consistent at all tbh. Even if I were to go up to D2 again next season is wonder if it was just the justice of ten SM Gods lol

• Advertisement

Yes of course two in a row title winners go down great job :pac:

but you think the match engine is sh!t so what if they where complete flukes and his cards where dealt this time just like chelsea and barcelona where in previous seasons...... anyway he's gunna walk D2 cause they're all sh!t teams compared to his.

swoody wrote: »
    but you think the match engine is sh!t so what if they where complete flukes and his cards where dealt this time just like chelsea and barcelona where in previous seasons

Who knows? Could very well be. I have no worries in saying that cause myself and Ger have discusses the way this game goes time and again, with plenty of expletives :pac:

Again tho, to Inter and Spartak I mean no bad mind or am trying to take away from your success fair play to ye lads as I said whether I'm right or wrong about it being a dodgy engine code it's great to see the small farmers doing well :p;)

Edit: and before you give out to me, yes I also congratulate you on the heroics at Porto and keeping them in D1 GT :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Who knows? Could very well be. I have no worries in saying that cause myself and Ger have discusses the way this game goes time and again, with plenty of expletives :pac:

Again tho, to Inter and Spartak I mean no bad mind or am trying to take away from your success fair play to ye lads as I said whether I'm right or wrong about it being a dodgy engine code it's great to see the small farmers doing well :p;)

Edit: and before you give out to me, yes I also congratulate you on the heroics at Porto and keeping them in D1 GT :pac: :p

Finally.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Home to Genoa Saturday night in play-off semi final. Won the corresponding fixture 3 1 but both goal scorers from that night are out through injury and suspension :(

Nice to pocket some prize money. The books at Malaga are finally in the black!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

swoody wrote:
    but you think the match engine is sh!t so what if they where complete flukes and his cards where dealt this time just like chelsea and barcelona where in previous seasons...... anyway he's gunna walk D2 cause they're all sh!t teams compared to his.

Ahem.... My average starter rating is 91.... Greater than that of the mighty Juve!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yeah......

Well.......

You're a sh!t team!

kid-sticking-out-his-tongue.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ireland have qualified for the SMFA World Cup Finals. Please see your schedule for the date of the fixtures.

We've been drawn in Group A alongside Turkey, Trinidad & Tobago, and........

......Engerland! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

First part done.

A brace from Douglas Costa helped us overcome an early set back to beat Genoa 3 1 in play off semi final.
    Whole team are now in ice bathes to try and salvage some of them for Monday night.
    Playing unmanaged LA Galaxy in the final. Drew 0 all and hammered 4 0 by them in regular season so hoping to complete the set.

Did Estudiantes v Valencia feature the worst ever penalty shoot out?!

The dream is over for another season, always the bridesmaid etc.

Fair play to Benfica - would have loved to have gone up against the Bear in the final though!

I do find it slightly dubious that I was away from home in a playoff - surely the SM people can arrange a two leg system like IRL by now.

But that being said, best team won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd say it goes, 3rd and 4th at home and 5th and 6th away... makes sense.

The dream is over for another season, always the bridesmaid etc.

Fair play to Benfica - would have loved to have gone up against the Bear in the final though!

I do find it slightly dubious that I was away from home in a playoff - surely the SM people can arrange a two leg system like IRL by now.

But that being said, best team won.

:D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

D1 starting 11 team averages and they're in their finished position.

Arsenal 92

I wish! Hopefully it'll be that soon, when i sign a few top players for cash :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Did Estudiantes v Valencia feature the worst ever penalty shoot out?!

Doesn't matter. I won. :D
    Estudiantes de LP beat Valencia CF 1 - 0 on penalties after a 0 - 0 draw in their Play-Off fixture.

Unfortunately Rangers seem to have recovered from their end of season slump with a 5-1 thumping of Panathinaikos. Also, Rangers seemed to manage to rest a few first teamers so if I was a betting man I'd put money on them to go up. It's a bit of a banker really.

With the regular seasons over ....

I'm considering selling Mario.

Currently I'm not as strong as I'd like to be in defence, so a young promising defender as p/e please

I just realised my young Swedish centre back, Filip Helander, (the one that Tupac hinted to me) recently made a move to the Seria A. Granted it's only with Hellas Verona but still, it's a better league and, if he does well there, could definitely move on to a bigger club as he's only 22. :D:D

Meanwhile, another centre back of mine, Lindsay Rose, is still struggling to break into the Lyon first team. Come on Lindsay you useless bollox!! :pac:

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    With the regular seasons over ....

I'm considering selling Mario.

Currently I'm not as strong as I'd like to be in defence, so a young promising defender as p/e please

https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status/632628626253549568

marios not impressed and he's even questioned your management style

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

A bit late to the party but congrats to Bayern for winning the title, delighted myself with finishing second and hopefully I can make the step up next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Wow somebody over values his players.

Transfer Message

AS Roma have made a counter offer to Paris Saint-Germain to exchange Marco VERRATTI for Raphaël GUERREIRO .

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

JamboMac wrote: »
    Wow somebody over values his players.

Transfer Message

AS Roma have made a counter offer to Paris Saint-Germain to exchange Marco VERRATTI for Raphaël GUERREIRO .

What was your offer? :D I take it hes not happy with it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

gerp99 wrote: »
    What was your offer? :D I take it hes not happy with it :p

I offered him maxwell(90) plus 3 million would have offerd more but the chairman isn't a fan, maxwell might be the wrong side of 30 but he won't drop anytime soon.

Can anyone tell me where you can find the rating caps for the minor/lower leagues?

Merci

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, usual applies....if anyone wants a deal for players, get in touch. Everyone is on the table :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, usual applies....if anyone wants a deal for players, get in touch. Everyone is on the table :P

What club?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    What club?

Tottenharry Kanespurs

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Tottenharry Kanespurs

hugo lloris and christian eriksen are spurs, kane will be found out this season as being an average player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement