Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Tick.... Tock......

Keep missing you on chat. Not nervous at all, 2nd would be a very successful season :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Unlucky Hercule! You had Chelsea sweating there for a while. If it wasn't for Andy Selva's sublime strike you would be on top of the pile right now.
    San Marino were given a football lesson by Athletic Club as they were hammered 9 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Selva was on the scoresheet for his side.

The San Marino "Challenge" :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Chelsea | 9 - 0 | 9 | 82
    2 | Athletic Bilbao | 9 - 1 | 8 | 75
    3 | Napoli | 8 - 0 | 8 | 86
    4 | Lazio | 7 - 0 | 7 | 85
    5 | Sunderland | 7 - 0 | 7 | 86
    6 | Benfica | 7 - 0 | 7 | 88
    7 | FC Porto | 6 - 0 | 6 | 77
    8 | Juventus | 6 - 1 | 5 | 85
    9 | Udinese | 4 - 0 | 4 | 86
    10 | Zenit | 4 - 1 | 3 | 77
    11 | AS Roma (unmanaged) | 4 - 1 | 3 | 89
    12 | Dynamo Kiev | 3 - 0 | 3 | 38
    13 | Everton | 3 - 0 | 3 | 79
    14 | Tottenham | 3 - 0 | 3 | 89
    15 | Espanyol | 3 - 1 | 2 | 83
    16 | Aston Villa | 3 - 1 | 2 | 87
    17 | PSG | 2 - 0 | 2 | 59

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    Keep missing you on chat. Not nervous at all, 2nd would be a very successful season

Can Atletico turn around the exact scenario he lost the league to last season (think it was Atletico....)

Not sure, will be interesting to see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

25 minutes and counting. Good luck to all ( except psg!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

25 minutes and counting. Good luck to all ( except psg!)

Pretty sure I can only go up.

• Advertisement

2078227_Champagne-Celebration-Celebrate-700x450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lost 3-2 and miss out on the playoffs after being top after 20 games. Miserable second half of the season. Time to build a new team at the villa

Finished in 6th not bad for coming up from div2 lost to Everton 2-1, sirigiu aka (butterfingers) costing me dearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Still in Div1! Great 2nd half of the season after being rock bottom at various points :D hopefully able to build on next season but I expect it to be tough once again

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Rage quit could be imminent

****ing game

• Advertisement

Congrate bayern and commiserations to those relegated.

Delighted with that. Things went a bit off when Neuer and Schwein left but we pulled it back.

Unlucky Atletico and Madrid, it was a close run in. Barca too just falling away at the end.

Sad to see City go down but I'm sure he'll be straight back up.

Congrats to all the other promoted teams and those in the play-offs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Of course I lose the team in last, after a 10-0 home win...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

As I had already beaten relegation candidates City and Napoli I felt a little guilty 'only' managing a draw against the other team in the mix.

The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and Ajax in their Division 1 fixture.
    Nainggolan scored the only goal for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Thankfully (unfortunately for city) my draw had no effect on the final table standings.

Finished 15th ... my worst final league positions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

After a great start to the season followed by my worst ever run of games in all my gameworlds, I managed to sneak up from 11th to 7th with a 3-2 win in my final game.

Happy with that after winning division 3 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

At the start of the season, Moscow would have been favorites for relegation. We've only gone and got bloody promoted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Colemania wrote: »
    After a great start to the season followed by my worst ever run of games in all my gameworlds, I managed to sneak up from 11th to 7th with a 3-2 win in my final game.

Happy with that after winning division 3 last year

Joined you getting up last year, joining you staying up this year. Comfortable in the end considering I was in and around the bottom for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Malaga's 2nd string perfectly replicate the first teams season with 13 shots on target to Boca's 8 but manage to lose 2 0.
    We finish in 4th, giving us a tough play-off tie with Genoa. Beat them once and drew the return tie in the regular season so fully expect the scales to be balanced soon enough! :rolleyes:

Congrats to Bayern on the title win and to Spartak and Olympiacos on promotion.
    Commiserations to the lads that went down, the new season won't be long rolling around to set the record straight!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

mackeire wrote: »
    At the start of the season, Moscow would have been favorites for relegation. We've only gone and got bloody promoted!!!

I saw that and I was like "WTF?!" That's some achievement in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

JamboMac wrote: »
    Finished in 6th not bad for coming up from div2 lost to Everton 2-1, sirigiu aka (butterfingers) costing me dearly.

It was brilliant to see all 3 promoted clubs stay up this year in div 1. 6th place was a great result for you.

• Advertisement

It was brilliant to see all 3 promoted clubs stay up this year in div 1. 6th place was a great result for you.

Next year division 1 champion is the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Malaga's 2nd string perfectly replicate the first teams season with 13 shots on target to Boca's 8 but manage to lose 2 0.
    We finish in 4th, giving us a tough play-off tie with Genoa. Beat them once and drew the return tie in the regular season so fully expect the scales to be balanced soon enough! :rolleyes:

Congrats to Bayern on the title win and to Spartak and Olympiacos on promotion.
    Commiserations to the lads that went down, the new season won't be long rolling around to set the record straight!

how do you know your playoff opponents?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

US Palermo slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Zenit in their Division 2 fixture.

I guess thats what I get for giving guys a run! But still managed to win Division 2 and get promotion to the Top Flight for next season, right where we want to be!!! Looking forward to a challenging, competitive and enjoyable first season in Div.1 for Palermo!! Long overdue me thinks!!

1st Vs 4th
    2nd Vs 3rd

I think* you're away** to Rangers.

*Assuming you're Panathinaikos
    ** Assuming the semi finals aren't played in neutral venues like the final.

3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

A weaker Flamengo team got back to back promotions whilst a much stronger one got back to back relegations whilst said weaker Flamengo won the shield

1a7609adf973c4e505aad03ebb01abdebbd7395e92d084c0b260bd7bc756cece.jpg

Congrats to those on securing their titles today though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

With nothing to play for I was toying with the idea of just playing youths in order to make inroads on concerns.... Remembering that Ajax played a weak team last game of last season and it directly affected me, but I said beforehand that I would not blame Ajax... I didn't complain at the time and I still think Ajax was 100% right to do what he did...

You may ask where this is going....

In the interest of fairness I played a strong team against Sunderland ('grats by the way bear!!!!) Lost, don't care about that, BUT one last kick right in the testicles from SM this season...

Laporte suspended for 3 games....

Morel of the story, stick to your principals, should have played the youths..... FK this stupid ads game!!!! Grrrrrrr

Rant over, congrats Bayern and the rest that went up/playoffs.... Unluck to the lads that went down especially Ger, take it on the chin bud and walk this next season!

Thank God that season is over

GER!

Here's a reason for you to try and get some motivation for next season:

This is what Barca and Chelsea won D2 with a few seasons back, and what Newcastle got automatic promotion with...

Pos|Team| P| W| D| L| GF| GA| GD| Pts
    1|Barcelona(C)| 38| 23| 9| 6| 105| 53| 52| 78
    1|Chelsea(C)| 38| 25| 8| 5| 97| 46| 51| 83
    2|Newcastle United(P)| 38| 22| 11| 5| 69| 36| 33| 77

Think you got whot it takes to better those W, L, GF, GA, GD and Pts totals?

Leverkusen in the P/Os again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lost 3-2 and miss out on the playoffs after being top after 20 games. Miserable second half of the season. Time to build a new team at the villa

I really feel for you man - surely signing Tevez, who was an absolute beast for me, should have seen you over the line

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement