Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Turned Off and Car Blocked in - No Notice - Irish Water

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

bjork wrote: »
    If it's in thier policy, then they are not actually breaking their policy now are they?

You just dont get it do you.....I'll try to say this slowly. Just because something is or is not in a company policy, does not make it the right thing to do!! There is an onus on companies in all industries and market segments to operate to certain standards. In this instance Irish Water seemed to think that giving a vague "heads up" that they'll be out anytime in the coming weeks is sufficient.....IT IS NOT!!
    The customer, in this instance, should be able to expect a more defined timeframe for when the disruption will take place, as some of their neighbours seem to have received. Policy or no policy, Irish Water are in the wrong....they have not reached basic communication standards required in this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

h2005 wrote: »
    Why would they be obliged to show you their safe pass? If a member of the public asked for mine I'd ask them to show me the legislation where I have to.

Basically they are on your property.
    If I arrive on yours and started cutting your path tomorrow you would say nothing? Not confront me? Just get in your car and go to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Maudi wrote: »
    Basically they are on your property.
    If I arrive on yours and started cutting your path tomorrow you would say nothing? Not confront me? Just get in your car and go to work?

They weren't on the OPs property they were outside his/hers gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

kopfan77 wrote: »
    You just dont get it do you.....I'll try to say this slowly. Just because something is or is not in a company policy, does not make it the right thing to do!! [...]

I'm confused. Did you say it out loud as you typed it, or did you just type it slowly?
    And do you expect people to read it slowly just because you said it slowly? :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Good night folks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement