Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/red-rocks-patrick-ryan-opens-13087748

Sounds like they were told it was finishing in August 2017. The Wier was on around September 2017.

I think the rest of the season won’t be seen until 2019, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Disappointing :(  It's really popular here with the day time audience who watch it and it's felt it should be on at a prime time.  Didn't it win awards this year?  Is it going to be just left hanging?  I hate it when they cancel progs without tying up the loose ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Elmo wrote: »
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/red-rocks-patrick-ryan-opens-13087748

Sounds like they were told it was finishing in August 2017. The Wier was on around September 2017.

I think the rest of the season won’t be seen until 2019, could be wrong.

I read that story yesterday but I have some doubts about the veracity of it. If the show was genuinely cancelled in 2017, we would surely have heard about this from multiple sources by now. It would hardly be some big secret that must not be revealed under any circumstances.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I read that story yesterday but I have some doubts about the veracity of it. If the show was genuinely cancelled in 2017, we would surely have heard about this from multiple sources by now. It would hardly be some big secret that must not be revealed under any circumstances.

As he says in the article “We shot to [sic] good episodes which will go out at the very end of 2018, but they have strung it out a lot.

TV3 didn't want it in the end, but axing as such so quick was seen as a no, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

As he says in the article “We shot to [sic] good episodes which will go out at the very end of 2018, but they have strung it out a lot.

TV3 didn't want it in the end, but axing as such so quick was seen as a no, no.

A large part of what he is saying is probably true including the unavailability of the John Player site. The one part I'd question is the show having being definitively axed by TV3 a year ago : it would be nearly impossible to keep a lid on that piece of news. I'm wondering if something is getting lost in translation here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Lads when TV3 were selling off the sets and other generic props I wouldn't hold much hope

After all, they need the extra money to make yet another rubbish Irish version of an already terrible ITV reality contest program

Lads when TV3 were selling off the sets and other generic props I wouldn't hold much hope

After all, they need the extra money to make yet another rubbish Irish version of an already terrible ITV reality contest program

Independent production company, would have control of sets not TV3/Virgin Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,270 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sets are fairly replaceable to a new setting, they can excuse it with a storyline of there being some massive fire or new building the station moved to, I'd be more worried about the cast of the show moving on to other projects and being unavailable for new episodes.

I suppose the cash return from what it costs to make v's what it takes in decides whether the show continues beyond the additional episodes that are filmed. They can probably buy in 10 episodes of "Can't Pay We Will Take It Away" for the same price as 1 episode of Red Rock.

I suppose the cash return from what it costs to make v's what it takes in decides whether the show continues beyond the additional episodes that are filmed. They can probably buy in 10 episodes of "Can't Pay We Will Take It Away" for the same price as 1 episode of Red Rock.

Think more like 50 - 100, as far as I know lifestyle programming costs from €500 - €1000 an hour to buy!!!!!

M

Any ideas when this is back, presume it will be the new year at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Any ideas when this is back, presume it will be the new year at this stage?

Was wondering the same. I know they confirmed in August it's coming back for its last ten episodes, but didn't see a date. As you say will probably be in the New Year at this stage.

M

Spotted this on Twitter, film staring Darragh O'Toole (Connor Tyrell) on at 1.25am on RTE1...
    https://twitter.com/DarraghOToole_/status/1061650548867371008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Spotted this on Twitter, film staring Darragh O'Toole (Connor Tyrell) on at 1.25am on RTE1...
    https://twitter.com/DarraghOToole_/status/1061650548867371008

God he wrecked my head in Red Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rachel is doing well landing Christian Grey now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rachel is doing well landing Christian Grey now :p

Saw that

It returns 4th of February

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Don't think I'll bother, it's been so long I have forgotten most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

JP Liz V1 wrote:

Thanks. The last series was a big let down but I'll see it out now.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Anywhere to view last episode of last series? Couldn’t find it on catchup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Why has it taken so long for this to return? I know some shows have season breaks but this was ridiculous

je551e wrote: »
    Anywhere to view last episode of last series? Couldn’t find it on catchup

You’ll get on both the virgin media player and Virgin media on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Back for 10 episodes, possibly filmed in 2017 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

The break certainly hasn't done it any favours, but in any case the storylines are just dull now.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    The break certainly hasn't done it any favours, but in any case the storylines are just dull now.

It seemed very slow last night, and I know Virgin Media show a lot of ads but their seemed to be more than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It seemed very slow last night, and I know Virgin Media show a lot of ads but their seemed to be more than usual.

I agree, I watched it on the player and it was impossible to get into it with all the ads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I recorded it and fast forwarded through the ads. Does Adrian have concussion?

happyday wrote: »
    Does Adrian have concussion?

You mean Sean AKA Boyzone. Adrijan was Croatian and left ages ago.

I enjoyed the episode, but you know when you go on holiday and come back and its been two weeks for you, but because of how you've scheduled your soaps to catch up on, only 20 minutes has passed for them? Thats how I felt. Its been off the air for soo long, it was difficult getting back into it. Which is a shame for a program that I love(d).

Is the new opening episode repeated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

You mean Sean AKA Boyzone. Adrijan was Croatian and left ages ago.

I enjoyed the episode, but you know when you go on holiday and come back and its been two weeks for you, but because of how you've scheduled your soaps to catch up on, only 20 minutes has passed for them? Thats how I felt. Its been off the air for soo long, it was difficult getting back into it. Which is a shame for a program that I love(d).

Yes I meant Séan. The names are a bit rusty for me after all this time!

It takes a bit of getting back into alright. Hope it picks up again.

Advertisement