Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mold - what's the solution?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

beauf wrote: »
    What sort of system cost 700?

I couldn't tell you, it's in the attic and I haven't seen it since it was put there in 2006.
    The problem was in this (and many) ex-council houses, they used to ventilate through the windows but when double glazing was installed this didn't happen anymore and hence mould.

The company was <mod snip> I would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

nm wrote: »
    I couldn't tell you, it's in the attic and I haven't seen it since it was put there in 2006.
    The problem was in this (and many) ex-council houses, they used to ventilate through the windows but when double glazing was installed this didn't happen anymore and hence mould.

The company was <mod snip>. I would recommend them.

Most windows are fitted with vents especially in properties like that and apartments.

Most older council properties were poured concrete and no insulation whatsoever so mould was a huge problem also trying to heat them.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Folks, as per the charter recommendations via pm only.

Advertisement