Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 15 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Think Welbeck will be dropped for Giroud :(

Any source for this or just a hunch TWB?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

Looking for advice.

Was thinking of taking out Welbeck, Pelle and either Sterling or Fab to replace with Aguero, Kane and Sigi (only way to get Aguero into my team and looking for that differential in my league)

Would leave my team like this depending on 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

Courtois

Clichy-Chambers-Clyne/Janmaat

Fab/Sterling-Alexi-Sigi-Jedink

Costa-Kane-Aguro

thoughts please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You don't have the 3 highest owned players in the game. If the 3 were to blank your in business.

Hmm. Or vice versa. Not sure how that makes me feel. Decent points from Downing, Eriksen Bony and Terry would be a good day. Not expecting much from the dutchman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I love reading the Prematch Preamble on FFS on a Saturday morning. It's like reading my own thoughts :)

It's also been nice to switch my brain off from FPL really since Wednesday night after going Baines -> Dave and having no worries about Sergio as captain. Just need to hope Costa has a relatively quiet one before probably going back to him before Hull next week.

De Gea
    Azpi - Cresswell - Hutton
    Sanchez - Hazard - Mirallas - Siggy
    Bony - Austin - Aguero (c)

Boyd - Wisdom - O'Shea

My one niggle is having Siggy and Bony playing Cresswell but makes Sunday more interesting I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Hmm. Or vice versa. Not sure how that makes me feel. Decent points from Downing, Eriksen Bony and Terry would be a good day. Not expecting much from the dutchman.

I've no costa and benched siggy so I'm missing 2 out of the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Green
    Azpil-Dummett-Wisdom
    Hazard-Sanchez-Eriksen-Siggy
    Aguero (c) - Austin- Costa

Bertrand- Boyd -Duff

Lads, would ye start Bertrand over any of my defenders?,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

2 dilemmas this week:
    1. Wisdom (Hul A) or Wilson (Ars H)?
    2. Baines (City A) or Terry/Azpi -4 (New A)?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Could be a high scoring week depending on how the early kickoff goes. 3 or 4 from Chelsea involving Hazard & Costa to get me going please.

Green
    Azpil-Dummett-Wisdom

Bertrand- Boyd -Duff

Ye I'd start bertrand over Dummet and id probably start him over wisdom aswell.

iroced wrote: »
    2 dilemmas this week:
    1. Wisdom (Hul A) or Wilson (Ars H)?
    2. Baines (City A) or Terry/Azpi -4 (New A)?

Wisdom and baines . Baines has qpr at home next week.

• Advertisement

Ye I'd start bertrand over Dummet and id probably start him over wisdom aswell.

Dummet makes way so.

Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Green
    Azpil-Dummett-Wisdom

Bertrand- Boyd -Duff

I would over Dummett, clean sheets equally unlikely in both but Berty might get an assist or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

3rd in my work pay league and I have Costa, Hazard and Azpilicueta in the early kick off, all 3 that none of the 2 lads above me have.

I could do some damage early on if Chelsea are at it hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Quick, should I transfer costa iin for Rooney

Wisdom and baines . Baines has qpr at home next week.
    Cheers. Yeah. My problem is I'd like a Chelsea def (for next week at least). I'm £0.1m short of doing Wilson-> Azpi (if only he hadn't risen) now and thus next week. Which means a 4 pts hit may be on the cards next week. I'm not sure where I'll find this £0.1m. Maybe downgrading Naylor to Hutton. So if I'm going that route, is it not better to go now Wilson -> Hutton. Hutton would be playing ahead of Wisdom in my starting XI. I don't like taking hits for defenders but I feel it makes even less sense to take one next week. Or I can just wait and see... Someone could get injured and alter (for the worse or the better) my plan anyway.

If it's for a pts hit no. LVG said Rooney's fit. And Costa recent form has been that impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Only if for free

Cheers. Yeah. My problem is I'd like a Chelsea def (for next week at least). I'm £0.1m short of doing Wilson-> Azpi (if only he hadn't risen) now and thus next week. Which means a 4 pts hit may be on the cards next week. I'm not sure where I'll find this £0.1m. Maybe downgrading Naylor to Hutton. So if I'm going that route, is it not better to go now Wilson -> Hutton. Hutton would be playing ahead of Wisdom in my starting XI. I don't like taking hits for defenders but I feel it makes even less sense to take one next week. Or I can just wait and see... Someone could get injured and alter (for the worse or the better) my plan anyway.

Who is your GK could you get courtoius

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

It was a free transfer.
    I kept Rooney & put Bony in for Pelle.

Been putting out fires with transfers last couple of weeks.

Today is

Guzan
    Cahill Chambers Wisdom
    Fab Siggy Yaya Jedinak
    Rooney Bony Aguero (C)

Subs
    Krul
    Bertrand
    Wanyama
    Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It was a free transfer.
    I kept Rooney & put Bony in for Pelle.

Been putting out fires with transfers last couple of weeks.

Today is

Guzan
    Cahill Chambers Wisdom
    Fab Siggy Yaya Jedinak
    Rooney Bony Aguero (C)

Subs
    Krul
    Bertrand
    Wanyama
    Moore

Looks a good move Pelle really hasn't been doing anything for the last few matches hopefully he is saving up a bit of form for after the horror show of fixtures they have!

• Advertisement

Who is your GK could you get courtoius
    Krul/Elliott. Courtois is still £6.0m so yeah that could work. Didn't think of it. Cheers mate ;).

Krul/Elliott. Courtois is still £6.0m so yeah that could work. Didn't think of it. Cheers mate ;).

It should cover you till the wildcard no rotation issues and he is going to get fairly similar scores to Terry azpil barring a couple of goals for either.

Team to face Newcastle: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Mikel for Matic, Costa for Drogba

Otherwise unchanged

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Fabianski
    Chambers Azpi Yun
    Sanchez Siggy Hazard Tadic
    Costa Aguero(C) Austin

3 Chelsea players again, looking forward to the early kick-off:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Chelsea XI v Newcastle: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Mikel, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Costa

Newcastle XI v Chelsea: Elliot; Janmaat, Coloccini, Taylor, Dummett; Sissoko, Tiote, Colback; Ameobi, Cabella, Perez

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have a quiet day Costa please

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Terry, Hazard, Costa.

bring home the bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

all of the above, minus terry plus bacon mmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I actually reconsidered bringing Costa in because the thoughts of having three players from the same team in the early game horrifies me for some reason, went through with it in the end though. I could be in a depression that won't lift till Tuesday by half two today, usually I prefer to leave it till about teatime.

Advertisement