Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pupils calling a teacher by a first name

Options
2»

Comments

Armelodie wrote: »
    Ok I'm clicking 'Follow' on this thread so let us know the outcome next year!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

:confused:

To see how it pans out for yer wan who's shakin things up.

Who knows maybe 'first name basis' is the way forward with my clients in the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I'll keep ye updated, she's not going to change her ways I'd say anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Isn't she very identifiable now by all the info that's been given here? If that was me and I logged on here, I'd recognise myself straight away! Just saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Question

If they call me by my first name, why should I refer to them as "Sir" or "Miss" only?

Answer

I understand a hierarchy needs to exist for order to be maintained and a learning environment to flourish,

You've answered your own question with your own words above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Here in France, it's first names in primary school, and then second names in second level.

Advertisement