Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

As iroced mentioned it will be a one week punt. I always play my wildcard first thing Jan so always take a punt on someone for the dec 28 games. Last year it was dzeko. If lampard doesnt start at wba A on the 26th Ill get him in for the 28th. The 28th is when most rotation will happen I feel due to the 2 day turnaround.

In fairness, that's a good strategy - not one I'd thought of before. And banking a transfer the week before would mean a 2 player punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In fairness, that's a good strategy - not one I'd thought of before. And banking a transfer the week before would mean a 2 player punt!

Ye thats the plan to have 2 transfers if possible . It works for me as I dont have the patience to hold onto a wildcard so will always play it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Austin/Benteke/Kane in for Rooney. After just bringing him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Fair enough, if you know for sure you're going to play it. Personally I like to wait as long as possible in Jan, so for me that could mean another few weeks.
    In fairness, that's a good strategy - not one I'd thought of before.And banking a transfer the week before would mean a 2 player punt

Also, it's only 1 player (or 2 max). If it goers horribly wrong the WC will be there the week after next. And if it just goes "normal" 1 transfer should be enough to accomodate, no rush to activate WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Bony & Bertrand

to

Costa & Azpi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

It'll be either Coloccini or Robertson to Cahill.
    Hit on the way for Fabregas to Eriksen if Fabregas gets booked tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Duff to either Azpi or Terry.
    My other defenders are Chambers, Dummett, Taylor(Neil) and Bertrand.

Azpi is plodding along, but Terry is due a big game.

Would Terry be better long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

If I get no injuries probably Myhill to Elliot .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭biscuits1988

I wonder is Moore likely to get a run back in Leicster's defence now with Moran out for a 3 games? Was all set to get rid but, if he's back in the team..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭biscuits1988

I wonder is Moore likely to get a run back in Leicster's defence now with Morgan out for a 3 games? Was all set to get rid but, if he's back in the team..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I wonder is Moore likely to get a run back in Leicster's defence now with Morgan out for a 3 games? Was all set to get rid but, if he's back in the team..

Is it not one game? Got the impression it was a professional foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Currently showing as only a 1 match ban for Morgan.

Moore is a yellow card away from one match ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dahat wrote: »
    Is it not one game? Got the impression it was a professional foul.

It was I think he pulled Lambert back when he was through on goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Looks like Rooney to Costa

On reflection this morning I have three options for GW15.

A) Clyne to Hutton with my FT
    B) Milner to Chadli with my FT
    C) Clyne + Milner for Hutton + Ericksen for -4

I'd like to move Milner but would prefer Ericksen over Chadli but I only have a small lead 11pts in my mini league which ends after GW17.

Hutton looks a good for for two of last 3 gwks for CS potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Naylor 5th YC just before a tough enough away game to an in form WH may be a blessing in disguise.

Wilson -> Hutton and/or Fabregas -> Eriksen are on the cards.

dahat wrote: »
    On reflection this morning I have three options for GW15.

A) Clyne to Hutton with my FT
    B) Milner to Chadli with my FT
    C) Clyne + Milner for Hutton + Ericksen for -4

I'd like to move Milner but would prefer Ericksen over Chadli but I only have a small lead 11pts in my mini league which ends after GW17.

Hutton looks a good for for two of last 3 gwks for CS potential.

I presume you can't go Milner -> Eriksen in one go?

Anyway won't tell you that Hutton and Eriksen are bad ideas :D. Does it justify -4? Well depends on your cover for Milner. If this allows you get in Eriksen I'd say this double move could well work out over 2-3 GWs.

iroced wrote: »
    Naylor 5th YC just before a tough enough away game to an in form WH may be a blessing in disguise.

Wilson -> Hutton and/or Fabregas -> Eriksen are on the cards.

I presume you can't go Milner -> Eriksen in one go?

Anyway won't tell you that Hutton and Eriksen are bad ideas :D. Does it justify -4? Well depends on your cover for Milner. If this allows you get in Eriksen I'd say this double move could well work out over 2-3 GWs.

Cover for Milner is poor as he was a punt that didn't work out till tonight hopefully.

Both transfers look good especially when Spurs have Palace at home Saturday.
    Think convinced but will wait till later on obviously to do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Could Ben Davies at Spurs be one to watch? Played 90 mins the last two games, albeit replacing an injured Rose. Pre-season I would have expected him to be first choice, have his performances in the last two games been enough to compete for the spot when Rose is fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Could Ben Davies at Spurs be one to watch? Played 90 mins the last two games, albeit replacing an injured Rose.
    1 clean sheet out of 11 for Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ben Davies is on my watchlist for Jan wildcard! 4.4m is great value and surely Spurs's defence will start to tighten up!

For this GW, I'm liking the thoughts of Benteke at home to Leicester. Will probably put him in for Rooney. Then bring back Costa for GW16 for Hull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Might change berhino to Kane but I would be benching either of them anyway so better to carry one over. more doing it to free up money and rid any bandwagon on kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

jebforever wrote:
    Downing imo, offers a much better attacking threat.

Should have done it yesterday. Missed the price rise. Bringing in henderson instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Probably Chadli out. Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rooney out for someone not sure who yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think it's pretty difficult to pick a midfielder that's value for money outside the obvious contenders (Sanchez, Hazard, Fabregas and Siggy) Outside these, no midfielders really stand out atm. Yes Eriksen has been looking good lately, but he is pretty expensive and is not consistent enough for his returns.

I think Downing or Mirallas is worth considering atm especially in the middle range price bracket and it gives people the opportunity to improve the team elsewhere,especially those who have been struggling to get in Costsa and Aguero into their team.

After downgrading Chadli( pricewise) to Downing, I now have more money to spend for a second gk(currently 4.0 and an non-startER) and the fifth midfielder, who seems to be constantly injured(Gibson). As some have mentioned before, it's paramoun to be able to fully utilize your bench during the festive period. Will be interesting to see how Mirallas performs tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

For people considering hutton, hes on at least 3 yellows, possibly 4, hes picked up 3 in the league anyway. It could be worth paying the extra .3 for cissokho who has only 1 yellow in the league. He also got 3 bonus last night and is a bit of tank, could possibly last the christmas schedule without a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I think it's pretty difficult to pick a midfielder that's value for money outside the obvious contenders (Sanchez, Hazard, Fabregas and Siggy) Outside these, no midfielders really stand out atm. Yes Eriksen has been looking good lately, but he is pretty expensive and is not consistent enough for his returns.

I think Downing or Mirallas is worth considering atm especially in the middle range price bracket and it gives people the opportunity to improve the team elsewhere,especially those who have been struggling to get in Costsa and Aguero into their team.

After downgrading Chadli( pricewise) to Downing, I now have more money to spend for a second gk(currently 4.0 and an non-startER) and the fifth midfielder, who seems to be constantly injured(Gibson). As some have mentioned before, it's paramoun to be able to fully utilize your bench during the festive period. Will be interesting to see how Mirallas performs tonight.

Sanchez definitely isn't value for money any more at 11m or whatever it is. Downing & Siggy are superb value Chadli was but looks like his ship has sailed! Eriksen is an interesting one considering him myself could definitely be good value given their fixtures. Tadic is still very good value in the medium term he'll definitely be back for me during the Jan WC. If Liverpool can find some form Sterling at 8.4 will definitely come back on to the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

What is arsenal defence if there are no injurys thinking of getting monreal or Debuchy in for bertrand. possible this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

declan2693 wrote: »
    What is arsenal defence if there are no injurys thinking of getting monreal or Debuchy in for bertrand. possible this week or next.

No injuries, it's: Gibbs Mertesacker Koscielny Debuchy. Monreal gets the odd match or two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

No injuries, it's: Gibbs Mertesacker Koscielny Debuchy. Monreal gets the odd match or two

Oh thanks for that

Advertisement