Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

iroced wrote: »
    Who's your cover if Chadli is not involved or if you decide to bench him?

Boyd or Wisdom.

Downing's the only other real option and I don't terribly fancy his chances against a solid Swansea. (Especially not for a hit.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Boyd or Wisdom.

Downing's the only other real option and I don't terribly fancy his chances against a solid Swansea. (Especially not for a hit.)

So
    Id leave him in [and] I reckon he will start.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

.1m shy to get Costa back in. Do I leave Bony in with Aguero and Austin and wait til next week to have 2 FT and get Costa back in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

eh i dunno wrote: »
    .1m shy to get Costa back in. Do I leave Bony in with Aguero and Austin and wait til next week to have 2 FT and get Costa back in
    Aguero - Bony - Austin is not a bad frontline for this week.

Not sure Costa on his recent form deserves a -4. Getting him in next week at no cost sounds the better plan here ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

iroced wrote: »
    Aguero - Bony - Austin is not a bad frontline for this week.

Not sure Costa on his recent form deserves a -4. Getting him in next week at no cost sounds the better plan here ;).

Thought so... Only 2 league goals in last 2 months for Costa too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm probably getting onto the Costa wagon for this weekend. I've hummed and hawed over it but it's looking very likely, my options are Bony and Lukaku or Austin and Costa. I feel all four of those are far better options than Kane. I think Austin could easily match Lukaku and Bony so as it's only costing me 4 points I don't think I'm taking a big gamble on Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Azpi or Terry, Terry or Azpi, Azpi or Terry...arghhhh!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Azpi. Not even close.

Nib wrote: »
    Azpi. Not even close.

Got sick of thinking about it and just went with Terry! He was originally who I'd planned to bring in before I let Azpi's midweek performance cloud my judgment so hopefully he'll reward me with a goal or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Got sick of thinking about it and just went with Terry! He was originally who I'd planned to bring in before I let Azpi's midweek performance cloud my judgment so hopefully he'll reward me with a goal or two :)

Did the same in the end.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Did the same in the end.

Surprised Chelsea are so well fancied for the clean sheet this weekend though. I know they've tightened up considerably but Newcastle have scored in every home game bar the first game against City and they put two past Chelsea in the same fixture last season. So I don't expect instant returns but glad to have him in for the home game against Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Green, Forster

Cresswell, Dawson, Bertrand, Chambers, Dummett

Boyd, Fabregas, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Sanchez

Costa, Austin, Aguero

Already pulled the trigger on Duff to Cresswell but I've 1 FT left & 0.9m which just about allows me to transfer in Hazard for Fabregas if I need to. I plan to get Hazard when Fabregas gets his next yellow, hoping its this weekend but worried Hazard will rise above my price range soon enough for a straight swap. Thats the only thing I'm worried about but I wondering if anyone sees anything else I should be keeping an eye on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Azpi's been doing it all season though, not just last Wednesday. He missed 3 games for a straight red and he's still the second top scoring Chelsea defender. And he's the cheapest after Ivan. A no brainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

any thoughts on this team, i kind of have it in a way i'm happier with now after taking an 8 point hit last gameweek to beat price rises/drops.

I'm not really keen on taking a hit unless it's very worthwhile, there's no one jumping out at me in midfield or attack to change.

bertrand could make way but again i'm not seeing anyone there worth the change? does anyone have any suggestions?

I wouldn't mind getting rid of krul either but his price drop tonight won't effect me and i'd be happy enough with heaton playing qpr so perhaps i just bank it and do krul and bertrand out next week??

or who would be a good 4.6 or cheaper rotation keeper to go with heaton?

lm6pZGA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hogey good to go this week very strong team. I wouldnt touch it and then 2 transfers next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey good to go this week very strong team. I wouldnt touch it and then 2 transfers next week.

cheers. i'll take that advice, there's no point in getting rid of krul yet because i could pick up injuries/suspensions over the weekend and need the transfer elsewhere. if i don't need it elsewhere i can get rid of him next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Terry and Cresswell in for Baines and Alderweld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭redarmy

Cissokho in for taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

still havent brought in eriksen - I cannot decide if i bring him in, who will i bring him in for and then if i do bring him in, who the hell do i bench to play him.

decisions decisions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Benteke in for Rooney. Then a rush of blood to the head and brought Yun in for Duff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Rikand wrote: »
    still havent brought in eriksen - I cannot decide if i bring him in, who will i bring him in for and then if i do bring him in, who the hell do i bench to play him.

decisions decisions.....

That's probably a decision you really shouldn't have to make imo. Spurs have decent fixtures up til new year and Eriksen is integral to their play. Discounting their stuffing at Chelsea, they've looked a lot more dangerous in front of goal recently. Eriksen is on a high percentage of set pieces also. Great value at 8 imo

Skippy44 wrote: »
    That's probably a decision you really shouldn't have to make imo. Spurs have decent fixtures up til new year and Eriksen is integral to their play. Discounting their stuffing at Chelsea, they've looked a lot more dangerous in front of goal recently. Eriksen is on a high percentage of set pieces also. Great value at 8 imo

i brought him in for Downing.

This week is the only week where I have a difficult decision as regards who i play from my attacking front 8, but erik will be in no matter what :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Brought in RVP last week, strongly considering bringing in Kane for him and spending the money elsewhere. 5m for a starting striker at a decent team seems too good to turn down surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

i brought him in for Downing.

This week is the only week where I have a difficult decision as regards who i play from my attacking front 8, but erik will be in no matter what :)
    Wise choice I hope :) Have had him through his two 45 minute appearances and his 13 and 9 point hauls. Lamela is due to justify the hype at some stage too, but Eriksen seems to be the focal point at the minute. what's the rest of your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭larchielads

Got 5.3 for a goal keeper any keeper gotva good run of fixtures worth takin a gamble on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

decisions decisions.....

Brought him in already. Siggy is benched for me this GW. Sterling Sanchez and Haz my other mids

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Got 5.3 for a goal keeper any keeper gotva good run of fixtures worth takin a gamble on?

Guzan has decent fixtures til the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Thinking a little ahead here but which combo is better do you think:

Forster/Fab (which I have)

Or

Krul/ Hazard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Baines too azpli. Done was going too wait till next GW but don't really fancy Everton V City today

• Advertisement

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Wise choice I hope :) Have had him through his two 45 minute appearances and his 13 and 9 point hauls. Lamela is due to justify the hype at some stage too, but Eriksen seems to be the focal point at the minute. what's the rest of your team?

Guzan / jakupovic
    Cresswell azpili bertrand dummett wisdom
    Hazard fabregas eriksen sanchez siggy
    Austin ings Aguero

May bench siggy this week and then ings for the next couple. Also gives me loads of room to manage fabregas if/when he gets a yellow.

Advertisement