Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Squad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭jones

pixelburp wrote: »
    At least Batman v. Superman has its defenders, and while I've never agreed with their viewpoint I've read enough level-headed, detailed thoughts on why Synders film had its merits & value. I've not yet seen a single equivalent for Suicide Squad, I genuinely think it's one of the worst Hollywood-strata films I've watched in the last 10 years yet here we are, it made a ludicrous amount of money. :(

This!! The ultimate cut of BvS really adds a lot (i did enjoy the theatrical edition but it had some serious problems and th extended version did solve a few of them for me anyway)

I can never see me watching an extended version of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The extended cut of suicide squad adds very little alright. If you didn't like the cinema version there's absolutely no point in watching the extended cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I watched this on a flight over the Christmas.

I wanted the plane to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thearc

dull movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Watched this the other night. I'm not a comic book fan but I'll happily look at comic book films.

It was a bit all over the place. I cringed every time Harlequin was on screen. Not that MR is a bad actress or anything, just the dialogue and her mannerisms were catered for such teen fanboyism I found it hard to watch. Average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

just the dialogue and her mannerisms were catered for such teen fanboyism I found it hard to watch. Average.

Agree with this, I actually started to roll my eyes every-time they had a shot of her from behind in the hotpants (words I never thought I'd say really :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I read a rumour that Mel Gibson is in talks for suicide squad 2.. Gotta be bull though..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

I read a rumour that Mel Gibson is in talks for suicide squad 2.. Gotta be bull though..

Mel Gibson is a very good Director, hope it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 85,626 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-courts-mel-gibson-suicide-squad-sequel-974436

Mel is back in the good graces off Hollywood in for the cold, Hacksaw Ridge been hit critically and money wise

I thought this was a very well put together piece on some of the missed opportunities in Suicide Squad. Constrictive criticism done well is a rare thing on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

What went wrong videos are fairly on the level and I'd rate them highly. They did a great one on MOS

I had never seen one before just kinda stumbled across this one and thought it was really well done. I'll check out a few more for sure.

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Mel Gibson is a very good Director, hope it happens

No he's not lol :D

He's directed 5 movies in 23 years , The Passion and Braveheart did well commercially but Apocalypto was so good I can't even recall seeing it even though I know I have. He's had the money to self indulge and got lucky imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I haven't seen Apocalypto or HR yet admittedly but Braveheart alone is a film that no matter when it comes on TV I'd happily watch throughout and that's enough of a testament to his skill as a director. Delighted he's back TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Apocalypto is a great film!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, Braveheart and Apocalypto are excellent movies. Hacksaw Ridge I wouldn't put quite in the same category but it's still a very solidly made film and the action scenes are good. The Passion I'd evaluate similarly, pretty solid film overall. He's at least proved he's a competent to good director with the potential to be an excellent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭techdiver

Gibson is better than any of the directors the DCEU has in it's stable so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭siblers

But won't part of the problem be interference from the studio? Mel Gibson could make a superb film but what gets edited in the cutting room might be a lot different from Mel's version, or maybe Warner Bros will finally see some sense and just let Mel make the film he wants to make

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭jones

Did it bother anyone else about SS how much the film jumped around? The editing was all over the place and i think it showed how much rejigging of the whole thing they did before release. Particularly the first hour or so.
    I would of preferred a much darker more serious film which it looks was the original intent until BvS got so much of a backlash. You cant just edit in some "funny" bits and expect the film to flow. Say what you will about BvS but i thought it was far superior to SS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Check the thermometers in Hell,

Suicide Squad won an oscar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭techdiver

In fairness, people need to stop getting their knickers in a twist over this.

It is for best makeup artist. This has literally nothing to do with the quality of the movie apart from the fact that some people thought the characters looked good, which they did (Joker aside IMHO).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gavin O'Connor to direct Suicide Squad 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Margot Robbie had mentioned in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that she had to pay for a significant amount of security protection after she received death threats while playing the role of Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad. She said got them from stalker fans who watch superhero movies. That is just sad & disgraceful.

I'm just glad that Margot is hell of a much better person than them. She was the highlight for me while she played Harley Quinn as I thought she was great.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...-fears-1071169

That link doesn't go anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

That link doesn't go anywhere?

Well, neither does his tedious virtue signalling a year after that dumpster fire in all fairness....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,354 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

conorhal wrote: »
    Well, neither does his tedious virtue signalling a year after that dumpster fire in all fairness....

You forgot to use the words snowflake and cuck in your offhand dismissal of stalking and death threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just tried to watch this on Netflix. Didn't make it past the team introduction part. Blergh...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Just tried to watch this on Netflix. Didn't make it past the team introduction part. Blergh...

Which one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,963 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, it's not every ensemble movie that has 3 'team intro' scenes; or at least that was my count, maybe there were more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will Smith is out of Suicide Squad 2.

Advertisement