Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Squad

Options
  • 02-12-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,639 ✭✭✭✭

DC Comics's Suicide Squad pre-production will begin at Toronto’s Pinewood studios this February, with principal photography taking place from mid-April to September 2015. The announced release date for the film – August 5, 2016. David Ayer is directing.

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-movie-cast-update-toronto/

Some interesting names linked with roles already such as Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Tom Hardy, Will Smith and Jai Courtney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Confirmed cast:

Jared Leto as The Joker
    Will Smith as Deadshot
    Tom Hardy as Rick Flag
    Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
    Jai Courtney as Boomerang
    Cara Delevingne as Enchantress

Hardy as Flag. Superb.
    Smith as Deadshot. WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I hate Jared Leto...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jai Courtney what has that guy done to get the roles he gets?

He is a terrible actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Never really paid attention to Leto before DBC. Just going on that performance I think he has the chops to give us a very unnerving Joker.

Some coup landing Smith, Hardy as well given his previous DC role. I can only assume based on both castings that the script is strong.

Robbie was surprisingly fantastic in WoWS, while I've heard good things about Delavingue's acting ability.

Jury is just out on Courtney really, I watched the animated Suicide Squad film and the character Boomerang was just cheese. You'd think they'd get a better actor to help translate the character to live action.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Is this going to be part of the DC cinema universe along with the JL movies?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bacchus wrote: »
    Is this going to be part of the DC cinema universe along with the JL movies?

Yes. There's a rumour that Jessie Eisenburg's Lex Luthor will make a cameo appearance in this to link Superman Vs. Batman to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Will Smith is frankly a bizzare choice for Deadshot. I can't see him being the stone-cold killer with an extremely loose moral code. I do think he'd be better suited to play Rick Flag.

More often than not, it does seem that Warner Bros. hasn't a clue what to do with it's DC properties.

Smith is awful casting for Deadshot. Can't see him underplaying any character, nevermind one which actually demands it.

I love Will Smith so I think he'll be great in the film. I don't think he'll be a great Deadshot but I think he'll be as charismatic and entertaining as ever. The problem with these castings is they're casting for actors, not characters.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will Smith playing a villain/anti-hero? That's surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Only one of those actors I rate highly is Hardy. The rest sound terrible frankly.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will Smith playing a villain/anti-hero? That's surprising.

I think it'll be good for his career though. Hope he actually plays it sinister.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it'll be good for his career though. Hope he actually plays it sinister.

Yeah, he's always watchable no matter what he's been in but it would be nice to see him change things up a bit for this. Fingers crossed he doesn'take them write Deadshot as a straight up good guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ever since Heath Ledger gave his performance in the Dark Knight, I'm willing to give actors a pass from being judged beforehand until I actually see the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Corholio wrote: »
    Confirmed cast:

Jared Leto as The Joker
    Will Smith as Deadshot
    Tom Hardy as Rick Flag
    Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
    Jai Courtney as Boomerang
    Cara Delevingne as Enchantress

Hardy as Flag. Superb.
    Smith as Deadshot. WTF.

That's a mostly horrible cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

With Jared Leto involved, I'm willing to give it a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,639 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Discouraging that Hardy dropped out but probably best for both parties given his previous dalliance already with DC.

I know nothing about Rick Flagg so I would hope Hardy dropping out is not a sign of a poor production. The fact that they snared Smith and Leto still gives me hope that it can be a special film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Discouraging that Hardy dropped out but probably best for both parties given his previous dalliance already with DC.

I know nothing about Rick Flagg so I would hope Hardy dropping out is not a sign of a poor production. The fact that they snared Smith and Leto still gives me hope that it can be a special film.

AFAIK he dropped out purely because of scheduling. The shoot on his current film The Revenent has been extended and he's also got a press junket for Fury Road.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    AFAIK he dropped out purely because of scheduling. The shoot on his current film The Revenent has been extended and he's also got a press junket for Fury Road.

The talk now is that it's more than just that. Apparently all the actors signed on without reading a script, when Hardy received it he was unhappy at the character and the lack of activity his character had in the film.

Joel Edgerton rumoured to be up for replacing Hardy as Rick Flag.

"Okay, we lost Tom Hardy.... But we got a guy who was totally IN a movie WITH Tom Hardy!"

Jon Bernthal rumoured also too

The Killing's Joel Kinnaman now favourite to play Rick Flagg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

just can't get on board with this movie. I reckon its because, despite liking most of the animated DC stuff, I wasn't a fan at all of the Suicide Squad movie that Assault on Arkham was. Thought Rick Flag and the other squad members apart from DeadShot were terrible - and I'm really not sold on Big Willie as Deadshot. To be fair though, the Harley Quinn/Joker interaction was great.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/suicide-squad-first-cast-photo-revealed-1201468975/

Director David Ayer tweeted first cast pic Leto missing though

That's the least whelmed I've been in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/suicide-squad-first-cast-photo-revealed-1201468975/

Director David Ayer tweeted first cast pic Leto missing though

here he is

tumblr_m8g2tpcdl01r1tij7o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bluftoni

Heh heh, nice one!

Advertisement