Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Matchday Thread

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Very disappointed to only be up 23k to 165k.

My good GWs are not good enough to overcome my crap ones... I feel it's gonna be a very very tough season. So many things I'm unhappy with in my nonetheless decent squad.

I've gone from 860k to 15k in 6 gws. When you are on a bad run you just need to keep the head and back yourself to make the right decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

84 but so easily could have been 90 if I hadn't bottled starting Boyd. That said, I just can't be disappointed with that score.

Aguero (c), Sanchez, Hazard, Azpilicueta, Chambers and Taylor with my main contributions this week.

Up to ~1k overall now which is the highest position I've ever occupied I think. If I could maintain in or around that score until I get to the January wildcard I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I ****ing hate that crap.
    Hardly a disaster. Jesus.

Just saw this now.
    I'm not going to get involved in a debate about this so I'm going to leave it at this post.......

It's all relative as I've said before on here.

A net 64 points might not be a disaster for you but to me it's 15-20 points down on most (not all) of the top players here, people that I'm trying to stay within touching distance of. If I stay within touching distance of these it'll mean I'll win or come very close to winning my PL's

It was more or less red arrows all around for me and ground lost. You can call it what you like but to me it's not been a good GW. A mini disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

89 (-4)

Absolutely delighted, Aguero (c) worked a treat. I rose nearly 3k places to 2.3k which I think is my highest ranking since I started playing FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

79 for the week, up to 9,319 from 15,616. Lost 2 out of 5 H2H games though but no complaints here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

91 in the end and climbed to second in my most competitive league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Finished with 89, two decent game weeks in a row which has finally stopped the rot! i am still a long way off threatening anything major but starting to win some bragging rights against a few key people in my miserable life :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

64(-4). Bit rubbish. Fell 15k in the rankings, but even worse: second place (now first :() in my league scored 91 and has leapfrogged me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Down 200 places overall to 2.9k with 75(-4). Happy with that considering I don't own Sanchez or Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

72 points gives me a GW rise of about 600 places to 5.8k

Still brilliant when compared with last season, or any season to be perfectly honest. I could grumble, and I probably did last night but lessons have been learned. Oh and Yaya blanked which is always a good day in Prodston Towers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

after 2 or 3 shíte weeks trying to sort my team out after injuries, I've gone from 12k to 94k back to 43k.

I'd have taken that at the start of the season heading into December, so shouldn't complain too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Well done for the last min change anyway :cool:. 15 pts is prob between 15-20k positions so huge turnaround alright.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I was at 8k before this GW ;)
    Should gain me about 3k places I reckon.

As a follow up, those 15 pts were worth 5.6k positions in the end. (I am at 5.1k on 825pts as opposed to 10.7k on 810pts).

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

89. Delighted with that. Moved from 356k to 149k. Need to keep it going now. Top of my private leagues but still off the pace after a poor start. On to this weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I've gone from 860k to 15k in 6 gws. When you are on a bad run you just need to keep the head and back yourself to make the right decisions.

I know but I think you hugely benefitted from Sanchez burst of form who you got in before everyone else.
    I also know if I just manage to get my captain right every second time I should slowly but surely climb up the rankings.
    I'm just getting a bit concerned since I currently don't see who could be my Sanchez. Have an eye on Eriksen for the next 4 games but that's pretty much it.

Anyway, on the bright side I'm facing some challenge now. e.g. I never performed well during Christmas. I absolutely need to this year. As you said right decisions making is needed ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Finally another decent scoring week after a few average ones on the trot!

86 for the week sees me up to 42K

First time in the top 50K this season :)

Delighted i didn't transfer Costa out now either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

73 -4 with hutton on the bench dagnabbit. 760 total and 83.4k rank overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Another weekly climb.

Went from overall 899 to 2.7k in a few game weeks. In the last 2 GW's I've climbed back up to 2k (exactly). Things looking up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I know but I think you hugely benefitted from Sanchez burst of form who you got in before everyone else.
    I also know if I just manage to get my captain right every second time I should slowly but surely climb up the rankings.
    I'm just getting a bit concerned since I currently don't see who could be my Sanchez. Have an eye on Eriksen for the next 4 games but that's pretty much it.

Anyway, on the bright side I'm facing some challenge now. e.g. I never performed well during Christmas. I absolutely need to this year. As you said right decisions making is needed ;).

Take it in steps and one at a time. Look at me last year, ok it was self inflicted by ignoring a certain somebody but that's how I kept my sanity-ish by breaking things down.

Your targets may be different to others for a while but theres fun in that. The one time I broke inside 100k I treated as 1k. It all went wrong after that but I'll look back on that season fondly even though everything I did went wrong.

I'm doing better this year so just keep the faith and if it feels right back yourself :)

Advertisement