Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE READ. boards.ie League Buying from un-managed Poll DECEMBER 2014

Options
  • 01-12-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

AFTER YOU VOTE PLEASE JUST POST ON THE THREAD NAME AND CLUB SO WHEN WE ARE COUNTING THE VOTES TOO MAKE SURE THEY ARE VALID WE CAN FIND WHO'S WHO QUICKLY.

With a some of the recent departures from the boards.ie League stating the inability to by from un-managed clubs and the topic having started a decent bit of chatter on the main thread ...

Here's a poll on the topic...

Simply put ...buying from unmanaged is currently turned off to preserve the squads for any new interested managers to have decent squads to start with ... downside ... more managers have left than joined

Lets keep the discussion on point ...

POLL OPEN FOR 7DAYS

Buying from un-managed should be ... 42 votes

TURNED ON
    0%
    LEFT OFF
    52%
    bazarakusMRPRO038-10tupac_healyManzoor14GT_TDI_150gerp99mackeireScummyManAl Capwnedswoodytonic wineColemaniaRebel_Kn1ghtking size mars barRickyOFlahertyBurlap_SackJamboMacThe GovernorNordicgael 22 votes
    I HONESTLY COULDN'T GIVE A FIDDLERS
    47%
    tommycahirIagoctrl-alt-deleteracso1975phone2000Lord TSCOrdinary manmodo85jukebox2310DH2K9PerrinV2Beefy78Comic Book GuyKERSPLAT!WilbertoirishgoldbergThe InternetTheGunnsTechniques07hufpc8w3adnk65 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

LEFT OFF
    There is a lot of clubs sitting on a lot of money ...

I think if we had a 'sensible discussion' now on the merits of buying from unmanaged then depending on the outcome of the discussion ...
    • People have an entire season to shift players in order to get cash to buy from the unmanaged (which might stimulate the market in it self)
    • Players at unmanaged are not likely to go at cost price as there will be lots of competition for these players
    • People might be more willing to sell players once they got players to cover from unmanaged
    • We might stop loosing managers, (i believe) a few leaver now have listed not being able to buy from unmanaged as one of the factors for them leaving and still people seem to resit the idea.

Lets just say that for example Malaga were unmanaged ... Isco would be up for grabs ... I for one can guarantee that if Porto (after selling to make up the last 2m i would need :p) were to come out as a winner in the bidding war that I would be moving on ATLEAST an 89 on the same position to someone (an because other than cambiasso) i dont have many aul fella's, you can be guaranteed the fella I'd let go would be young enough too... ( This scenario was not chosen to put the idea of an Isco sale back in Wilberto's Mind .... Honest ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

LEFT OFF
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    There is a lot of clubs sitting on a lot of money ...

I think if we had a 'sensible discussion' now on the merits of buying from unmanaged then depending on the outcome of the discussion ...
    • People have an entire season to shift players in order to get cash to buy from the unmanaged (which might stimulate the market in it self)
    • Players at unmanaged are not likely to go at cost price as there will be lots of competition for these players
    • People might be more willing to sell players once they got players to cover from unmanaged
    • We might stop loosing managers, (i believe) a few leaver now have listed not being able to buy from unmanaged as one of the factors for them leaving and still people seem to resit the idea.

Lets just say that for example Malaga were unmanaged ... Isco would be up for grabs ... I for one can guarantee that if Porto (after selling to make up the last 2m i would need :p) were to come out as a winner in the bidding war that I would be moving on ATLEAST an 89 on the same position to someone (an because other than cambiasso) i dont have many aul fella's, you can be guaranteed the fella I'd let go would be young enough too... ( This scenario was not chosen to put the idea of an Isco sale back in Wilberto's Mind .... Honest ;))

As GT said, the timing of this could not be better as if it were to be changed then at least the lower ranked teams would have a chance to sell and raise funds for a splurge or 2!!

Also I've raised that point before about big teams snapping up players from unmanaged, it's a double edge sword for them, they have more players to keep happy AND they have less funds for newly added players.....

Even if they do snap up say a 'Chadli' (they can only bid on 1 at a time, so there are others the lower ranked could bid on simultaneously) then they would be down funds and chances are they may even need to move on another squad member.....

I don't see how lower ranked tteams loose out on this, I mean as opposed to...... Continuing as is even though Jimmy has pointed out he left as one of the reasons was a viable sourse or getting players for lower ranked teams had been closed off.

For the life of me I can't understand why the D4 and D3 (even D2) clubs would not want AT LEAST THE OPPORTUNITY to nab one of these players, it makes no sense????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

As GT said, the timing of this could not be better as if it were to be changed then at least the lower ranked teams would have a chance to sell and raise funds for a splurge or 2!!

Also I've raised that point before about big teams snapping up players from unmanaged, it's a double edge sword for them, they have more players to keep happy AND they have less funds for newly added players.....

Even if they do snap up say a 'Chadli' (they can only bid on 1 at a time, so there are others the lower ranked could bid on simultaneously) then they would be down funds and chances are they may even need to move on another squad member.....

I don't see how lower ranked tteams loose out on this, I mean as opposed to...... Continuing as is even though Jimmy has pointed out he left as one of the reasons was a viable sourse or getting players for lower ranked teams had been closed off.

For the life of me I can't understand why the D4 and D3 (even D2) clubs would not want AT LEAST THE OPPORTUNITY to nab one of these players, it makes no sense????
    I seen big teams swapping players when they became unhappy last season,don't see that an issue.
    Down funds? I wonder what type of funds a D1 team has compared to D3/D4

If its all about the benefiting of the lower rated teams then only allow teams of a lower rating to buy from unmanaged teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

LEFT OFF
    You see one thing I don't get is when I first joined here I took over FC Basel (who had a MASSIVE cash kitty from players being sold) and the "big" teams weren't buying all around them, I got 3 89's no contest, Dynamo Kiev were crap and the manager ( I think Tonic Wine?) got a load of good players and the team went flying up, so why do lads think its gonna happen all of a sudden now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

If at the moment the smaller clubs are losing out when new players are added to the database, i don't see any reason why they would have a chance to compete if buying from unmanaged was opened up?

I think what would happen would be . . .

The big clubs will win the auctions and buy up all the higher rated players, of which there are about 50.
    Unmanaged wrote:
    CARRASSO, Cédric 89
    BALMONT, Florent 89
    GUERRERO, Paolo 89
    FERDINAND, Rio 89
    BA, Demba 90
    MICHU, Pérez 90
    KOMBAROV, Dmitri 89
    PASQUAL, Manuel 89
    MELO, Felipe 89
    KLOSE, Miroslav 91
    BRUNO, Soriano 90
    CHADLI, Nacer 89
    DZSUDZSÁK, Balázs 89
    SMALLING, Chris 89
    CHEDJOU, Aurélian 89
    QUAGLIARELLA, Fabio 89
    FLAMINI, Mathieu 89
    DIEGO, Ribas 90
    BENAGLIO, Diego 89
    KJAER, Simon 89
    NALDO, Aparecido 89
    PERIŠIĆ, Ivan 89
    DOST, Bas 89
    BARRY, Gareth 90
    OCHOA, Guillermo 89
    ELM, Rasmus 89
    WERNBLOOM, Pontus 89
    MATRI, Alessandro 89
    GLUSHAKOV, Denis 89
    PEPE, Simone 89
    WILLIAMS, Ashley 89
    VARELA, Silvestre 89
    RAFFAEL, Araújo 89
    KUYT, Dirk 90
    PALACIO, Rodrigo 90
    MEIRELES, Raul 89
    DIARRA, Lass 89
    BRAHIMI, Yacine 89
    PYATOV, Andriy 89
    PODOLSKI, Lukas 91
    LAMBERT, Rickie 89
    ALVES, Diego 90
    PEREIRA, João 90
    PAREJO, Dani 90
    LENNON, Aaron 90
    JONAS, Gonçalves 90
    GAGO, Fernando 89
    PIZARRO, David 89
    COSTA, Tino 89
    GIGNAC, André-Pierre 89

There should be plenty of 88 rated players to go around, but how many teams is that going to benefit?

The youngsters, I would guess the most promising will be bought up again by the bigger clubs.

Maybe the Big clubs will then sell on some players, but again I'd imagine they will only have to part with 88 rated players.

Let us take the example of Celtic, Jimmy has left a fantastic team there for division 4 (if we opened it up I'd like to think he would be back). However if he didn't, they would take a massive hit, and be left with 88 rated players being the highest at the club.

This is the bit i need confirming, but I have a feeling money tends to vanish when unmanaged clubs get taken over again, I know i left more money at Genoa than was showing up when another manager took over. Has any one else any inklings on this? or am i going mad.

You might get a few going to where they are needed, but I think they will be the likes of Barry and Kuyt.

Anyways, I feel the big clubs will get better. The unmanaged teams will get worse. If we have any chance of getting the unmanaged clubs taken over now, I think it will be a lot less of a chance after a short period of being allowed to buy from unmanaged.

After a certain amount of time, we will be in a very similar place to where we are now, except you will be allowed to buy from unmanaged but there will be nothing worth buying.

When a team that is managed now becomes unmanaged in the future, again it will be the bigger clubs with the financial muscle who will quickly hoover up the higher rated players and the promising youngsters.

Yes you can give it a year and let people build up cash, but the bigger clubs can build up more cash too.

Even if you came up with the crazy idea of only allowing division 3 and 4 clubs buy from unmanaged, you cannot police it and you cannot stop who doesn't like that idea from buying them.

On the other hand, I will say that the GW maybe needs to benefit the people playing it rather than the people who might be playing it in the future. Even with that in mind I still think it is a better idea to keep it off.

• Advertisement

LEFT OFF
    I think alot depends on the GW too, in the GOOD league i joined as Swindon, contacted established managers and got deals from them...

Im not attacking bayern here but its easy for a manager who had Muller, Aguerro and Higuain in his team not to be too worried if buying from unmanaged never got turn on.

It comes down to NEED.

If managers that dont need players start buying them up just because they'd be handy to trade down the line and wont move players on for tge same reason then turning on buying from unmanaged will not make a difference. How will this help the GW?

If a manager needs a striker, find a 90 at unmanaged and as a result moves on a 89-90 then how is that bad for the GW?

LEFT OFF
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    If its all about the benefiting of the lower rated teams then only allow teams of a lower rating to buy from unmanaged teams

I'd go for that, I'd even agree with taking D2 teams out of the equation

LEFT OFF
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'd go for that, I'd even agree with taking D2 teams out of the equation

Again, I would say if the game doesnt cater for it it isnt really enforceable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Same stance as last time...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Voted no.

Reality is within 72 hours of it being allowed, the top most teams will be the ones who have gotten stronger; they will easily outbid smaller teams, take all the best players and by the time new managers join, there'll be no one left both at the teams they take over AND the teams they can buy from.

It's a nice idea in theory, but in practice will do irreparable damage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Needs to be public IMO, just thought I'd mention before too many vote. A mod can re do it for you, though it is a Monday night and Mac us probably drunk... same as every other night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

LEFT OFF
    I'll vote in a bit. I am very 50/50.

Anything to encourage people to buy and sell is a good thing.

The problem is the 10-12 most active teams are Div 1 and 2 clubs when it comes to transfers with the probable exception of Cruziero and Rangers. I can see all the players going to the big clubs and I'll be honest if I see a good youth I want I will go for him even if I have loads already.

LEFT OFF
    Lazio: ON like Donkey Kong!

Surely don't need to explain my stance again? He he!

ON like Donkey Kong!

Need to vote again :)

LEFT OFF
    Also.......

If it helps the lower ranked teams, I'll state that I will abstain from buying from un-managed (unlike some previous clubs who complained about it yet dipped in for an oul RB when needed) IF the big teams will also publicly state the same....

After all the talk of keeping it off 'for the good of the gameworld' and now a long time manager has quit siting this as one of the main reasons, how far will those other managers go to do something that I've long called for..... i.e. look after the managers that we HAVE and not worry about the ones that come and go.

here is your chance, if you really care about the 'good of the gameworld' you can let managers buy from un-managed without packing out already huge squad players with 'squaddies'

So let nobody accuse me of trying to get it turned on for my own benifit, I'm saying here and now I'll not buy from un-managed IF the big boys will do the same, come on give the guys with the small budgets and lower rated players a chance at least!!!!!

LEFT OFF
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Need to vote again :)

Ah crap......................................

EDIT: Wait, I voted right (I think) Buying form unmanaged should be 'turned on' yeah???

I'm confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Also.......

If it helps the lower ranked teams, I'll state that I will abstain from buying from un-managed (unlike some previous clubs who complained about it yet dipped in for an oul RB when needed) IF the big teams will also publicly state the same....

After all the talk of keeping it off 'for the good of the gameworld' and now a long time manager has quit siting this as one of the main reasons, how far will those other managers go to do something that I've long called for..... i.e. look after the managers that we HAVE and not worry about the ones that come and go.

here is your chance, if you really care about the 'good of the gameworld' you can let managers buy from un-managed without packing out already huge squad players with 'squaddies'

So let nobody accuse me of trying to get it turned on for my own benifit, I'm saying here and now I'll not buy from un-managed IF the big boys will do the same, come on give the guys with the small budgets and lower rated players a chance at least!!!!!

Lazio are a big team now??

LEFT OFF
    Also.......

LEFT OFF
    I wont add my name to the list, as I think I could buy a player from unmanaged and sell 1-2 to fund it or to make space in my first 11 which might / would benefit the GW also.

having a list / pledge of non intent is not enforceable imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I don't know how other smaller teams are fixed but my crowd are basically broke with sod all saleable assets atm so being able to buy off unmanaged won't affect me. What i'd love to see is more decent players available to loan.

LEFT OFF
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Lazio are a big team now??

Nope, not sure where you read that in what I said but....

just trying to show this will benefit the GW as a whole, Its been stated previously that I wanted this on for one reason or another, but before anyone can say anything, I'm stating that I will abstain from buying if other managers (I would hope from the really big clubs with huge budges and highly rated 90 players on the bench) would state the same.....

Never stated Lazio were are a big club, in fact I did state that I hoped to survive in D2 this year & that remains my only objective this year....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I will be availing of any method which let's me make my team stronger....

Any player at Bayern that can be loaned out is available. The chairman is an ass and won't let some go but try for a few there if you want

@Tupac, my reasoning is to keep unmanaged clubs somewhat attractive to new players. I do understand what you're saying with '..look after what we have already..' but I'm still on the leave it off side

If it is turned on though, I would sign up to not buying from unmanaged if it was restricted to Div 3/4 and if all other Div 1/2 teams signed up for the same.

If someone else, say yourself for instance breaks the deal, I'm not gonna sit all high and mighty and let all the players get hoovered up while I argue with myself here for a month. If all the teams don't sign up or someone breaks the deal, with obvious caveats like someone making a mistake, then everyone should be allowed buy, I know I will be.

As with this and monitoring I believe all my decisions are for the good of the GW, whether you or others believe that or not is up to yourselves.

LEFT OFF
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Any player at Bayern that can be loaned out is available. The chairman is an ass and won't let some go but try for a few there if you want

@Tupac, my reasoning is to keep unmanaged clubs somewhat attractive to new players. I do understand what you're saying with '..look after what we have already..' but I'm still on the leave it off side

If it is turned on though, I would sign up to not buying from unmanaged if it was restricted to Div 3/4 and if all other Div 1/2 teams signed up for the same.

If someone else, say yourself for instance breaks the deal, I'm not gonna sit all high and mighty and let all the players get hoovered up while I argue with myself here for a month. If all the teams don't sign up or someone breaks the deal, with obvious caveats like someone making a mistake, then everyone should be allowed buy, I know I will be.

As with this and monitoring I believe all my decisions are for the good of the GW, whether you or others believe that or not is up to yourselves.

I think it comes down to my comment on the boards thread earlier...

its about need ... If I was to sign an 89 rated defender it will improve my first team (I have 1x90 2x89s and 1x88 as my defence), a valid need I would say ... if you by an 89 rated defender it will be as a back up to your first team or as you have said to me before to use in a trade in the future ... still a need but in my eyes not as pressing a need

I'm 2nd from bottom, I need everything I can get... :D

The game is competitive. I've no problem helping out as I've shown with selling some decent players from 92 to 89/88s for cash or lesser players but if players go up for sale, I'll be bidding*

*Unless the restriction is put in place but I can't see that happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

LEFT OFF
    My name is Baz and I voted for Buying from Unmanageds to be turned on because I believe it will make the league more fair - weaker clubs will have the chance to bid the most for players - and because it is what The Lord Jesus would want. God bless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Posts moved from The Boards.ie chat thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

This is the bit i need confirming, but I have a feeling money tends to vanish when unmanaged clubs get taken over again, I know i left more money at Genoa than was showing up when another manager took over. Has any one else any inklings on this, or am i going mad?

No, you're spot on in my experience. When I looked at Schalke before I took them over they had over 30m in the bank. After I left Estudiantes, and was accepted into Germany, I saw that suddenly there was only around 5m left.

Furthermore, I looked at the signings that they may have made and saw that they hadn't made any in that intervening period. (Which was fairly obvious after as clubs can't sign, or sell, players within about 7 of losing their manager).

I may come back to this thread tomorrow with my own opinion on the matter but it has currently ticked over to Tuesday morning, and I really need to go to bed! :D :pac:

LEFT OFF
    Can we see who voted for what on this?

LEFT OFF
    Can we see who voted for what on this?

Yup. Think there's one suspect vote at the mo

• Advertisement

I make it 7-6

Advertisement