Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Lotto sold to UK 's Camelot

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

750 (known) millionaires would probably disagree with you on that one.

Compared to how many who've never won?

And compared to how many who've p1ssed away their money, hoping for the dream to come true, leaving themselves short on food, clothes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

One group of people who might be worried about this is Bookmakers. Camelot dont allow UK bookmakers to take Pick 1,2,3,4 bets on domestic lotteries in the UK. If you liked picking 3 numbers for the Irish lotto in your local bookies those days could be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It'll just be relatives of people who work in RTE.

If someone can't make it up to Winning Streak they just go to the RTE canteen and pick someone there to be on it. It's all a big fix.

Most of the people on it aren't real people at all but are actors hired by the Lotto. Most of the money they 'win' goes straight back to big fat bonuses for everyone involved.

LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

One group of people who might be worried about this is Bookmakers. Camelot dont allow UK bookmakers to take Pick 1,2,3,4 bets on domestic lotteries in the UK. If you liked picking 3 numbers for the Irish lotto in your local bookies those days could be over.

You can still play 54321 though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They have lost my account name, password and balance under the new site upgrade - anyone else?

Dey turk moy mun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

spurious wrote: »
    They have lost my account name, password and balance under the new site upgrade - anyone else?

Dey turk moy mun.
    Mine's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Stinicker wrote: »
    Its not really a case of the British buying the lottery more a case of the Canadians renting the Irish lottery for 20 years who also happen to control the British Lottery. Considering Ireland is so small compared to the UK, I imagine that they will operate the Irish lotto as some sort of division of their UK camelot business.

Lotto is a tax on fools anyway.

Meh, no more so than any form of gambling if you want to see it like that. Guys and Gals over HERE might disagree with you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

This has to make it a monopoly of the worst type , if they stop bookies from taking bets .

Course the bookies have their own numbers game anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Our lotto rep said they weren't going to issue any more winning streaks for this season so there's no more going to be sold at the moment.

Winning Streak to be replaced by Million Euro Challenge from Jan 10th - https://www.lottery.ie/en/Games/Game-Info/How-to-play-Scratchcards/Million-Euro-Challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope they get rid of that granny and the jack russle on the euromillions ad. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Will it still be tax free if you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

The latest fiasco is that there are no Lotto slips left anywhere. I just went to my local Spar to do the Lotto (which I wouldn't have had to do if the multi-draw option was working) and was told they had no slips left and couldn't source any from any other agents. Apparently all agents were sent only two packs of slips and the guy in the shop told me he didn't know when they'd be getting more. It's not like this changeover was unexpected, so whatever about software glitches how could they get basic stuff like that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

One of the problems has been...

"You need to fill out a new slip Sir"

"OK so. I'll fill it out at home and take one or two slips for the missus' tickets too"

.....takes 30 slips

Its been over an hour since the lotto , and tonights numbers are still not available anywhere online , not even on RTE Aertel

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Its been over an hour since the lotto , and tonights numbers are still not available anywhere online , not even on RTE Aertel
    They're on lottery.ie now.

Alun wrote: »
    They're on lottery.ie now.

Daily Millions used always be on the www.lottery.ie website from 9.15pm , but not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭robwen

Did lotto & euromillions online during the week & got no confirmation email from them like I usually would have makes me wonder if numbers are even been checked properly online.

Got a letter in post yesterday explaining the transfer of the National Lottery from An Post to Premier Lotteries Ireland (PLI) & also asking me resubmit my credit card details & also re-set User Name & Password but when I login I get this message when I click on most of the sub headings under My Account section, its all a bit of a shambles really..

We're Sorry
    There has been an issue processing your request.
    We apologise for the inconvenience.

This may have happened if your online session has been inactive for over 15 minutes, or if you have logged in via a different channel. In order to protect the privacy of your account details, you have been logged out of the system. Please log in again to purchase games and access your account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Winning Streak will be moving to the summer schedule with Marty Whelan and Sinead Kennedy confirmed as presenters.

Nicky Byrne will present the new show "Million Euro Challenge" from Jan 10th.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/winning-streak-off-new-year-schedule-as-nicky-byrne-to-take-saturday-nights-30812255.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I was driving home today when I realised I'd forgotten to do the lottery. Instead of driving back to the shop, I reached into my pocket, took out €4 and threw it out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

tis a pity denis o brien couldnt buy this as well as topaz and esso and the water thingy and the newspapers and the wireless and the digiphone thinghy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

kupus wrote: »
    tis a pity denis o brien couldnt buy this as well as topaz and esso and the water thingy and the newspapers and the wireless and the digiphone thinghy.

Denis O Brien something something water charges something Illuminati.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

kupus wrote: »

The government is planning on selling off the nations footpaths to him next year, an annual "walking tax" will be levied from January 1st 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

The government is planning on selling off the nations footpaths to him next year, an annual "walking tax" will be levied from January 1st 2016.

can we get the cert in any topaz garage, or if we top up on digiphone, can they take it out of our account.
    I hope to f88k we dont have to q in the motor tax office for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

not a fan of those new green tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

thelad95 wrote: »
    I was driving home today when I realised I'd forgotten to do the lottery. Instead of driving back to the shop, I reached into my pocket, took out €4 and threw it out the window.

What an idiotic thing to do. :rolleyes:

Advertisement