Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rooney (STK)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    They drew 1-1 so match was not over at 75 minutes. Swansea were at home so should be pushing for the win.

Whoops. Sorry got my teams mixed up.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Rooney (STK)
    Is Aguero really a standout?

Since losing 8-0 to Southampton, Sunderland have only conceded four goals in a run of five games that included Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea. That one 8-0 defeat accounts for 42% of the total goals they've conceded this season.

I don't think Aguero is going to have a field day at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

AdMMM wrote: »

Since losing 8-0 to Southampton, Sunderland have only conceded four goals in a run of five games that included Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea. That one 8-0 defeat accounts for 42% of the total goals they've conceded this season.

They just beat Southampton 3-0 and could have been more, he is a standout in current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aguero is Aguero. He got a hat-trick against Bayern Munich last week. 4 against Spurs.

I'm not saying I'll captain him this week but he's the best forward in the league/game and can score at any time. Imagine him running and driving past John O'Shea and Wes Brown. Sunderland being a "bogey" team of City is the reason I'd have concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rooney (STK)
    Siggy has only played the full 90 mins in 2 out of the last 8 matches. As long as Gomis doesn't start over Bony, I'm alright with him coming off.

He's the "safe" pick. If I was chasing I would do Bony or Sanchez.

• Advertisement

Rooney (STK)
    Aguero should have scored a hat-full of goals himself last night as well. Giving himself tons of chances.

It's between siggy and Aguero for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Fabregas (TOT)
    Hazard for me. I've done aguero or Costa every game week so far until now. Hazard looks better when Costa isn't in the team, spurs are bad and its a derby game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I just don't know what to do with my captain anymore. Whatever my choice it's failing each week. 24 pts from my last 5: Aguero (4), Costa (4), Pellè (10), Aguero (4), Costa (2)...

I may as well give the armband to Elliott :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Siggy (QPR)
    Bony

I'll tell you if I captain him. If so he'll be the worst choice in the entire game :(...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Rooney (STK)
    Aguero is Aguero. He got a hat-trick against Bayern Munich last week. 4 against Spurs.

I'm not saying I'll captain him this week but he's the best forward in the league/game and can score at any time. Imagine him running and driving past John O'Shea and Wes Brown. Sunderland being a "bogey" team of City is the reason I'd have concerns.
    All good points. I'll probably end up going with Aguero myself, but thought it would be good to start that conversation.

Sunderland were so compact against Chelsea on Saturday that it wouldn't be a case of Aguero running against just O'Shea and Brown, but against the eight others that they will also have behind the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Fabregas (TOT)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, they seem to sometimes throw on Gomis as an impact sub to change the format of the attack, sometimes along with Bony, often replacing him.

Its a negative for Bony FPL wise all right. I doubt I'll keep him past the next three games unless he's really on fire.

African nations in Jan anyway so only has a few games in him....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

iroced wrote: »
    I'll tell you if I captain him. If so he'll be the worst choice in the entire game :(...

Keep us updated, please:D

Aguero or Sanchez for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney (STK)
    jive wrote: »
    Hazard for me. I've done aguero or Costa every game week so far until now. Hazard looks better when Costa isn't in the team, spurs are bad and its a derby game

I'm thinking of going with Hazard also. This time last year I brought him in for the midweek game and he duly kick started my season with two goals and an assist:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25115746

For sentiment more than anything, I'm considering going with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rooney (STK)
    I think a small skilful player like Aguero might have more success against that Sunderland defence. O'Shea and Brown would have relished the physical battle against a big player like Costa but Aguero is a different proposition altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Fabregas (TOT)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going with Hazard also. This time last year I brought him in for the midweek game and he duly kick started my season with two goals and an assist:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25115746

For sentiment more than anything, I'm considering going with him.

Last time I captained hazard he got a hat trick against newcastle so... hopefully same again!! He has been scoring really well at home this year too, plenty of double digits

wonski wrote: »
    Keep us updated, please:D

Aguero or Sanchez for me.

What I'd like more is whoever is on a glorious run captain-wise tells me his pick :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sanchez (SOU)
    I'll keep it on Rooney if he's confirmed fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rooney (STK)
    Bony got me 14 points this week as captain, torn weather too keep it on him or go with Sergio Kun on his debut for me..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Aguero scored two assists away against the meanest defence in the league. He scored 7 but should have finished on 15 if it werent for "that" decision.

So he is certainly in my thoughts, as is Hazard.

However, the C is on Bony right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rooney (STK)
    That game against Chelsea and all the work required has surely taken its toll on Sunderland though?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sanchez (SOU)
    CSF wrote: »
    That game against Chelsea and all the work required has surely taken its toll on Sunderland though?

Balanced out by the extra bit of recovery time, I think. City didn't have it that easy against the Saints, either

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rooney (STK)
    manual_man wrote: »
    Balanced out by the extra bit of recovery time, I think. City didn't have it that easy against the Saints, either
    No I know that City have a day less recovery. I'm just questioning if Sunderland can be that compact a unit against the 2 best teams in the league within 4 days of each other. If they can, that is the beginning of a big 2nd half of the season for them. I doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hazard (TOT)
    With Schneiderlinn confirmed out for Southampton, I think I'm going to go with Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sanchez (SOU)
    CSF wrote: »
    No I know that City have a day less recovery. I'm just questioning if Sunderland can be that compact a unit against the 2 best teams in the league within 4 days of each other. If they can, that is the beginning of a big 2nd half of the season for them. I doubt it though.

We'll see. Credit where credit's due tho for being the only team so far to shut out the league leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rooney (STK)
    I'm giving the armband to Aguero. I think he will find it easier than Costa due to his size and dribbling ability. Hazard was considered but I fancy Kun to get more points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Rooney (STK)
    i chose aguero but might get tempted to go with siggy or even baines. sanchez another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rooney (STK)
    Aguero for me.

Sunderland have beaten Manchester City 1-0 at home in 4 times in a row (and ironically it would have been 5 in a row only for Adam Johnson equalised for Manchester City in the last minute of one of the games) and I pray to God it happens again, but with my other main captaincy options being Hazard, Sanchez and Sigurdsson, I'm sticking with Sergio.

Rooney (STK)
    I've wussed out. Gone for Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Sanchez (SOU)
    bony by a whisker...rooney otherwise

Advertisement