Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Captain

Options
  • 30-11-2014 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭

So a quick turnaround with gameweek 14 just around the corner. Aguero seems to be the obvious choice but Sunderland are looking good defensively so I may opt for someone else.

Best captain for GW14? 184 votes

Aguero (sun)
    0%
    Rooney (STK)
    52%
    TacTSkySterthe whole year innAdMMMNichololasPWEIDelboy5dave13DVD-Lots[Deleted User]rock whoreBulmersWombatmanSparkoLemlinRikandzarquonpatmacArmaniJeanssmuletide 96 votes
    Sanchez (SOU)
    10%
    SickBoyIagomailburnermirwillbebackMac-ChopsShaneUmenoscemodedaweioneillFirst Explorermanual_mantmc86mufcboy1999DublinGuy11MattHeldersGBXIShedite27power101PaddywiggumFenson 20 votes
    Hazard (TOT)
    8%
    Dubh GeannaincremeeggWoollyRedHatMenasshano_88Crash Bang WallNEDDURCDubliner28paulb06TimeToShinedjPSBMrdata.jebus84Griever931winneralrigh 15 votes
    Fabregas (TOT)
    7%
    FastFullBacktom_kRiddler83Chesty08G1032MR NINEmuppet_2008jiveFowler87SureYWouldntYagreedygoblinqwabercdRosco79 13 votes
    Bony (QPR)
    2%
    bofPirateShampooboccy23Honey Monster 4 votes
    Siggy (QPR)
    7%
    keano_afcGLaDOS8-10rcottereRay vonRojiblancosLightningBlueWestern PomiseJohn the baptistFrClintPowertimber trainDoris300Big BorgGits_bone 14 votes
    Yaya (sun)
    5%
    rossitMint Saucebo-scoTony_MontanaBoysNoizewilliewallaceNerdlingrGoonersFatty MagooUsername here 10 votes
    Ings (NEW)
    0%
    gammygils 1 vote
    Baines (HUL)
    1%
    F1ngersSands81 2 votes
    Lukaku (HUL)
    2%
    smogStevecwskippy15donglenkolczastyy 5 votes
    Austin (swa)
    1%
    HococopAbihsot 2 votes
    Berahino (WHU)
    0%
    redarmy 1 vote
    Other
    0%
    Markx 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

hazard or Rooney or baines or bony........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Rooney (STK)
    Did aguero play the full 90 today? Chance he could get a rest if city are coasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rooney (STK)
    Would love to leave it on Bony again or even have a flutter on Hazard or Sanchez, but I will be a dullard and do Aguero. He threatens double digits every match and will likely be the top choice among the upper echelon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Fabregas (TOT)
    On Hazard at the moment.
    Anybody know Rooneys record v Stoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rooney (STK)
    G1032 wrote: »
    On Hazard at the moment.

3 goals, 3 assists in 7 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Fabregas (TOT)
    G1032 wrote: »
    On Hazard at the moment.
    Last season, he scored 1 goal against them at OT in a 3-2 win (RVP and Hernandez were the other scorers).
    In the previous season, he started badly with an OG, but recovered to score 2 and assist 2 in a 4-2 win (RVP also with 1 goal and 1 assist, Dizzy Welbz with 1 goal, 1 assist).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rooney (STK)
    Thinking I may captain siggy. Involved in everything at Swansea and qpr shipping goals. Gosl and an assist I'm thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Rooney (STK)
    Torn between Augero and Bony. Will leave it till the last minute. Probably Augero though. As one poster said, he's always likely to score big at anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rooney (STK)
    Aguero's record against Sunderland: 1 goal, 1 assist in 6 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jebforever wrote: »
    Aguero's record against Sunderland: 1 goal, 1 assist in 6 games.

Oh oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rooney (STK)
    Did aguero play the full 90 today? Chance he could get a rest if city are coasting.

Chances are if city are coasting Aguero has been a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rooney (STK)
    Sanchez siggy or Hazard for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yaya (sun)
    Siggy, Fab, or Aguero for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sanchez (SOU)
    Rooney (Hazard VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Siggy is very tempting but I voted other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Lukaku (HUL)
    Auero obvious stand out- but Baines serious contender

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rooney (STK)
    Aguero but it's marginal between him and Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    Siggy is very tempting but I voted other :)

Probably. Another for Mr van Other.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    Probably. Another for Mr van Other.

I think they made a mistake when naming this thread, it was probably intended to be the VC Thread... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Austin (swa)
    Lukaku for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Rooney (STK)
    Does yaya miss the next champions league game? I picked Agüero but think I'll go with yaya , he will get 90 mins and send to be back in form!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Fabregas (TOT)
    Hazard or Bony i think.... anyone know why Bony came off after 75 against Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rooney (STK)
    Rosco79 wrote: »
    Hazard or Bony i think.... anyone know why Bony came off after 75 against Palace?

Job done I'd say - Match was over - protect their target man for the busy schedule ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney (STK)
    Rikand wrote: »
    Job done I'd say - Match was over - protect their target man for the busy schedule ahead

They drew 1-1 so match was not over at 75 minutes. Swansea were at home so should be pushing for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Fabregas (TOT)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    They drew 1-1 so match was not over at 75 minutes. Swansea were at home so should be pushing for the win.

That's exactly my concern, you rarely take your main man off in that situation unless he has a knock or else isnt kicking the ball out of his own way....

Rooney (STK)
    It does raise a doubt given the scoreline, but him and Gomis being switched early enough hasn't been that uncommon this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rooney (STK)
    CSF wrote: »
    It does raise a doubt given the scoreline, but him and Gomis being switched early enough hasn't been that uncommon this year.

I totally agree. Its the norm for any Swansea game to see Gomis get a run, was just pointing out that the opinion above that the match was over is incorrect IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Other
    Rosco79 wrote: »
    That's exactly my concern, you rarely take your main man off in that situation unless he has a knock or else isnt kicking the ball out of his own way....

Its possibly a physical thing with him. Some players can't go the full 90 at maximum intensity. Lallana seems to be like that. Bony is a big unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »

Yeah, they seem to sometimes throw on Gomis as an impact sub to change the format of the attack, sometimes along with Bony, often replacing him.

Its a negative for Bony FPL wise all right. I doubt I'll keep him past the next three games unless he's really on fire.

• Advertisement

Rooney (STK)
    I totally agree. Its the norm for any Swansea game to see Gomis get a run, was just pointing out that the opinion above that the match was over is incorrect IMO.
    It is, my answer was more to indicate that I wasn't actually that confident in what I say. It is still strange for him to be subbed off when Swansea are chasing the win.

Advertisement