Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailboxde.com - German Parcel Motel

Options
  • 30-11-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

I know some will know of this already and it's not strictly a BA on its own but it's possible to get a German address from mailboxde.comhttp://mailboxde.com/

This is very useful for Amazon.de where they won't always ship to Ireland. I managed to pick up this 48 inch Sony for €420 on a black friday deal. It'll cost me another €27 for postage from mailboxde but the same tv is €680 in Powercity and €720 in DID.

Fees and postage depend on the size and weight of the package and you also save on the Amazon.de postage cost to Ireland as the postage from Amazon to mailboxde is free.

Hope someone finds use from this thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Good tip, just remember a lot of items they may not ship here can be shipped to Parcel motel in antrim instead which might be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Davy wrote: »
    Good tip, just remember a lot of items they may not ship here can be shipped to Parcel motel in antrim instead which might be cheaper
    True. Although it can work out cheaper than PM if oversized.

That tv i linked to is actually one of not very many that they apparently will deliver to PM. I was getting an estimate delivery date though of Between January and April which is why i tried this. Should have it next week now.

PM delivery would have been Amazon postage + €14 for PM to receive based on size and 10.50 delivery unless i went to Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Any way of getting the German Amazon displayed in English?

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Any way of getting the German Amazon displayed in English?
    Use Google Chrome as your browser and it translates (very well) automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I managed to pick up this 48 inch Sony for €420 on a black friday deal.

Wow,thats a seriously impressive tv for the money.
    Even at 600 euro its still a lot of tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

would this have a built in decoder for the Irish channels?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Fappy the Squirrel

would this have a built in decoder for the Irish channels?

Not approved anyway.

saorview.ie/product/sony/

Whats the point of the 3 tuners anyway?

Not approved anyway.

Tv I have here from Holland isn't on the approved list either and it gets them. One of the 3 tuners may likely be the same as Saorview uses i'd imagine. Says it's approved on this listing. The 3 letters at the end are different but shouldn't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tv I have here from Holland isn't on the approved list either and it gets them. One of the 3 tuners may likely be the same as Saorview uses i'd imagine. Says it's approved on this listing. The 3 letters at the end are different but shouldn't make a difference

It has a DVB-T2 tuner so it handles Saorview.

Terrestrial,cable and satellite tuners

Official site just not updated yet maybe....

This thread mentions some unapproved stuff has been breaking over time,

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057067108&page=75

so if not using Sky/something else, you'd want to be sure to avoid hassle.

DID seriously taking the piss with their price there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

was looking at the lg 47lb650v on that site also 529Euro as opposed to 749 in Harvey Normans..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

PM deli2very would have been Amazon postage + €14 for PM to receive based on size and 10.50 delivery unless i went to Finglas.

PM have upped their delivery price, I was charge €30 for a box 30x30x15inch and it weighted about 1kg.

Zardoz wrote: »
    It has a DVB-T2 tuner so it handles Saorview.

Terrestrial,cable and satellite tuners

No need for external box to pick up Freeview?...and I see it records, if it all works right then yup, class TV.

A search shows triple tuners around since 2009, it's a wonder Sony hasn't been banging on about them, they're perfect for alot of people....where price wouldn't be an issue.

theregister.co.uk/2009/09/03/ifa_sony_bravia/

If you could tinker with internal software, perfect for eveyone.

Official site just not updated yet maybe....

This thread mentions some unapproved stuff has been breaking over time,

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057067108&page=75

so if not using Sky/something else, you'd want to be sure to avoid hassle.

DID seriously taking the piss with their price there.
    40 cheaper on powercity seems the cheapest in ireland. Priced around £550 in most places in the uk. Wouldn't mind their approved list it's only the right tuner required. Powercity also list as Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

you could have samsung 3D for almost same price
    http://www.0815.at/LEDab46_-Samsung-UE48H6260/25980/31448

• Registered Users Posts: 14 misiek6666

discombobulate , did you pay any VAT???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Is that 0815.at site trustworthy?

misiek6666 wrote: »
    discombobulate , did you pay any VAT???
    Yes paid 420 inc. german VAT for the tv if thats what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Do they mail it directly to your address?or are there pick up points?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Do they mail it directly to your address?or are there pick up points?

To your address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Just what I was looking for.

Meindl boots for €239, but only delivered to Germany.

http://www.amazon.de/Meindl-Herren-Trekkingschuh-Guffert-GTX/dp/B00BT1G8IC/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1417510818&sr=1-1&keywords=Herren+Trekkingschuh+Guffert+GTX

€330 the best I could do elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Streets_of Rage 2 Come_On

I know some will know of this already and it's not strictly a BA on its own but it's possible to get a German address from mailboxde.com

This is very useful for Amazon.de where they won't always ship to Ireland. I managed to pick up this 48 inch Sony for €420 on a black friday deal. It'll cost me another €27 for postage from mailboxde but the same tv is €680 in Powercity and €720 in DID.

Fees and postage depend on the size and weight of the package and you also save on the Amazon.de postage cost to Ireland as the postage from Amazon to mailboxde is free.

Did you get this in the end?

They sort of have TVs in their Prohibited Goods list...

http: // mailboxde.com/?action=mailboxdecom/prohibited-goods

r) extremely fragile items (incl. TVs, LCDs, ...) that are not packed in a special and suitable way which prevents them from getting harmed by usual manipulation with the delivery,

If you did, how do you find the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I know some will know of this already and it's not strictly a BA on its own but it's possible to get a German address from mailboxde.comhttp://mailboxde.com/

This sounds great.
    I spotted a drum kit (electronic) for 498 euro.
    If I wanted to get it shipped to here what would it cost me.
    Its on amazon.de and postage is free to Germany.
    I think it weighs around 30kg.
    Confused with the pricing.
    It says 12.30 +postage for 30kgs , whats postage work out at, is that DHL?
    Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers.

ah I think I see the charges now...

I don't think I can get it shipped.

The package is 25.8kg and the dimensions are 113 x 100 x 63
    The max they can handle seem to be 120 x 60 x 60 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Not approved anyway.

another reason is that a retailer can have a single model of a tv in stoick rather than 3 separate cable/sat/ DTT versions, and it suits city folks in apartments with cable (who have it forced on them by rent contract AND canot put up a dish), suburban folks in a house who choose to have a sat dish, and contrary folks who for some reason are happy with only 10 or 15 channels on terrestrial rather than going with sat or cable.

anyhow, amazon germany can be good for a lot of things and its strange how different the price can be to amazon UK, sometimes much better, sometimes much worse.

Did you get this in the end?

They sort of have TVs in their Prohibited Goods list...

http: // mailboxde.com/?action=mailboxdecom/prohibited-goods

r) extremely fragile items (incl. TVs, LCDs, ...) that are not packed in a special and suitable way which prevents them from getting harmed by usual manipulation with the delivery,

If you did, how do you find the TV?
    It's on the way from them due to arrive on thursday by UPS. I seen that. Sent them a mail and said it'd be well packaged from amazon and they said thats fine.

sham69 wrote: »
    ah I think I see the charges now...

I don't think I can get it shipped.

The package is 25.8kg and the dimensions are 113 x 100 x 63
    The max they can handle seem to be 120 x 60 x 60 :(
    Worth sending them a mail for a quote anyway maybe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

decided to use this crowd for a delivery as well. So far so good, item is already on the way and when I did have a query they replied within an hour or 2 which was quick enough for me.

Worth sending them a mail for a quote anyway maybe

I did,
    Dimensions too big for them...
    My only hope is that I can get the packaging changed or split into 2 packages.
    Cheers for the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

sham69 wrote: »
    I did,
    Dimensions too big for them...
    My only hope is that I can get the packaging changed or split into 2 packages.
    Cheers for the reply.
    You could also try thomann.de - they ship direct to Ireland and are very competitive (at least when I was looking for a keyboard:)).
    Delivery was very well organised too...

Advertisement