Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double payments for christmas not bonus

Options
  • 30-11-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi guys, I am just wondering does anyone know when the double payment will be this year ? not a bonus payment just two weeks and then no payment the next week after that ?.I dont know how it works as This is my first christmas unemployed. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭letsgetloud

also I get paid tuesdays not thursdays

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hopefully the DSP or Citizens Advice Bureau will release a statement soon with the times.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

The Christmas bonus is being paid out this week. The payment is 25% of your usual payment.

eastbono wrote:
    The Christmas bonus is being paid out this week. The payment is 25% of your usual payment.

yes but im not entitled to nor would i like a bonus, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

How long do you have to be on jobseekers in order to qualify as long-term?

• Advertisement

How long do you have to be on jobseekers in order to qualify as long-term?

390 days, dont quote me on that

Hopefully the DSP or Citizens Advice Bureau will release a statement soon with the times.

hopefully, its hard to budget when you dont know these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rccrchickie

It's usually the week before the Christmas week. So I would say the week beginning the 15th Dec.

You have to be on jobseekers 390 days to be entitled to Christmas Bonus and its being paid out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

im on a jobsbridge internship. am i entitled to this "bonus"?? i feel it would be unfair if i wasnt? i work 40 to 50 hours per week, get an extra 50 euro granted but most of this is expenses for work anyway. im not complaining as i was given an unbelievable opening into the legal sector which i have based my studies on.

would just feel aggrieved if i missed out on the "bonus"

• Advertisement

im on a jobsbridge internship. am i entitled to this "bonus"?? i feel it would be unfair if i wasnt? i work 40 to 50 hours per week, get an extra 50 euro granted but most of this is expenses for work anyway. im not complaining as i was given an unbelievable opening into the legal sector which i have based my studies on.

would just feel aggrieved if i missed out on the "bonus"

whereu on ja or other payments for 390 days before starting the internship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

:rolleyes:

I dont get it ?

So why did you start this thread in the first instance and ask this question?

eastbono wrote:
    Did u read the title ?

Yes... and no details yet on when Christmas payments will be made. These details probably wont be issued for another two weeks. Keep an eye on welfare.ie

eastbono wrote:
    Yes... and no details yet on when Christmas payments will be made. These details probably wont be issued for another two weeks. Keep an eye on welfare.ie

If you read it you would know I wasn't asking about a bonus. I don't want to be rewarded for being unemployed .

whereu on ja or other payments for 390 days before starting the internship ?

yeah, just read the criterion. im covered. is it 25% of my €238 or of €188 does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

eastbono wrote: »

It looks like that but he just wants to know when is a double week being paid.
    hi guys, I am just wondering does anyone know when the double payment will be this year ? not a bonus payment just two weeks and then no payment the next week after that

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

The Op is not asking about the bonus re read the post he is asking about the double week that gets paid before christmas

• Advertisement

Yes I know he is asking about christmas payments and I have answered his question... keep and eye out on welfare.ie... Christmas payments will appear on that but probably not for another two weeks.

If you read it you would know I wasn't asking about a bonus. I don't want to be rewarded for being unemployed .

And if you read my post it would tell you to keep and eye out on welfare.ie.

Backtracking much there Bono you asked why he started a thread about bonuses when he didn't that's what I was referring to

rosiem wrote: »
    Backtracking much there Bono you asked why he started a thread about bonuses when he didn't that's what I was referring to

And I answered the question on post 17. Can you add any further light onto the OPs question?

It would normally be paid the week before Christmas so you wouldn't collect Christmas week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

There's a link on breakingnews.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eastbono wrote: »
    And I answered the question on post 17. Can you add any further light onto the OPs question?

You got snotty asking why the op started the thread and asked about the bonus, when they didn't ask about the bonus and specifically said in the title it wasn't about the bonus.

mountsky wrote: »
    There's a link on breakingnews.ie

Where?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/

Bear in mind the thread title :double payments for christmas not bonus

throw it my way then, i could do with it and work hard for a company on an internship that pays enouvh taxes to make me feel not guilty! ill pm my bank details...

rosiem wrote: »
    It would normally be paid the week before Christmas so you wouldn't collect Christmas week

Have you a link to show when the payments will be made.

• Advertisement

You got snotty asking why the op started the thread and asked about the bonus, when they didn't ask about the bonus and specifically said in the title it wasn't about the bonus.

Where?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/

Bear in mind the thread title :double payments for christmas not bonus

And I answered their question on post 17. The Dept has not released details of Christmas payments yet. We are now on post 31.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement