Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipzer Competitions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

ShaneU wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense to me

Horse is 9/1, quarter of that is 2.25

2.25 x 0.5 = 1.125 (that's your winnings)

you lose 0.5 from the win bet and get 0.5 back from the place bet so it's still 1.125

There is no "quarter of the odds". It's win and place prices on Betfair. Also, you don't get anything back from your bet cause you don't get a bank in the game.

As I mentioned, I don't like how it's being calculated at the moment and I admit there are much better ways to do it. The way it is being calculated is accurate though. I will be changing it in the near future.

Races are up now for Sundays cards from Cheltenham.

Also The Grade 1 Competition, a season long tipping competition that features all the Grade 1 races from Britatin and Ireland resumes tomorrow with the Morgiana Hurdle.

Also the whole card from Punchestown is in it's own competition tomorrow.

All races are live now at tipzer.net

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm embarrassed for myself.....

Ascot and Haydock cards tomorrow featuring the Betfair chase, fixed brush hurdle as well as the Stella Artois 1965 chase. Silviniaco Conti and Vautour, two leading chances in the King George chase at Christmas.

Betfair chase is part of the Grade 1 competition too.

Cards are live now

Only seeing the 15:00 in Haydock listed Nulty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Only seeing the 15:00 in Haydock listed Nulty?

If you click on Betfair Chase & Stella Artois Day link, they're all there.

Thanks for the feedback Gavin, thanks minibear 

This is an example of where i need to improve the user interface. There's plenty of places in the site that are confusing users.

My next plan is to make the emails look better and then introduce live prices you can take instead of taking starting price. Maybe fixing these confusions should be priority.

Tipzer competition for the whole Hennessy meeting at Newbury starting tomorrow. Cards will be ready tonight, I'll post here when they're up!

Newbury card for Thursdays racing is up now, some interesting novice races, Grade 2 chase and a Listed Hurdle

tipzer.net

Am I blind again or is it not up?

• Advertisement

Haven't got to Fridays cards yet, it'll be ready in a few minutes

:)

Aaaand they're up

Tipzer competition tomorrow. Sandown, Aintree and Navan racecards. Grade 1 competition features with two races from Sandown

i logged in earlier and made a couple of selections but now I'm getting an error message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

BOOM 35 point profit!

BOOM 35 point profit!

I noticed! I've been firmly booted off my little lead.:mad:

:P:D

BOOM 35 point profit!

Two bets, two winners. excellent tipping ShaneU :D

John Durkan card is up and the feature race is in the Grade 1 competition.

minibear wrote: »
    i logged in earlier and made a couple of selections but now I'm getting an error message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

I was at Sandown yesterday, luckily I could get signal to fix it! Thanks for the heads up mini :)

Cheltenham and Doncaster racecards for Saturdays racing are live.

God I'm muck at it!

Just wondering if you have to pick a bet for each race on the card? Or if you pick say just 1 will all your points go on that one bet? Just noticed people only doing 4 picks out of 7 races.

• Advertisement

God I'm muck at it!

Just wondering if you have to pick a bet for each race on the card? Or if you pick say just 1 will all your points go on that one bet? Just noticed people only doing 4 picks out of 7 races.

To be honest theres no hard and fast rules Gav. My aim is to get people to participate how ever much they want. It's just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

I'm obviously putting some effort into this and it'd be great if more people participated. I just don't know what I need to do to make it better for people and make them come back. If someone can win a competition with one big price winner then they'll be more inclined to come back.

By the way, any suggestions would be massively help to me and to ye too.

I'll post some of my ideas here soon and maybe I can initiate some feedback

Thanks for playing guys!

Give copper_pipe on here a PM, he runs a Facebook betting group and could possibly share it to his 72 members.

All cards from Leopardstown and Kempton feature over teh next four days including some good quality racing from the likes of Limerick, Wincanton, Chepstow, Newbury, Doncaster and more.

First races for tomorrow are available now at tipzer.net.

Last Grade 1 races of 2015 tomorrow. Leopardstown, Newbury and Doncaster cards are the last in the Christmas festival. Races are all up for selection now

Missed the last couple of days due to not being around, doing my picks for tomorrow as we speak though!

Sandown is making my head spin. :o

Cards are live for tomorrows racing. Navan, Ascot and Haydock are on with the Clarence House Chase the Grade 1.

http://www.tipzer.net

Cards are live for tomorrows racing. Navan, Ascot and Haydock are on with the Clarence House Chase the Grade 1.

http://www.tipzer.net

Advertisement