Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 €360 Currys

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭micks_address

Would you buy this over a nexus 9?

Tempted to get one from the US..

Going for the 16gb seems like the best option as its got expandable storage..

i assume its easy enough to flash stock android on it?

Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

i assume its easy enough to flash stock android on it?

I don't think that's possible right now. Cyanogenmod does not support it. source. I think it's the particular type of Exynos processor they don't have any source code for but I don't recall exactly, I looked it up a while ago. There's some tweaked/debloated roms available but nothing like plain vanilla stock android.

I chose it over the Nexus 9 because of the better screen, the colour gamut is exceptional (and it's not possible to get such a wide gamut with current LCD technology).

Edit: Just looked at it again and it looks like a Cyanogenmod rom is under development!. Looks good but I wouldn't use it until it's final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The Venetian

My order status changed from pending to processing on Fri/Sat. It hasn't' changed since. Baby steps I guess. Really curious to know what the currys process is that goes on in the background, but I reckon if I did find out, the stupidity of it would make me want to claw my brain out of my skull.
    It finally arrived. Box had small samsung tamper stickers on the sides, both intact although one was stretched. Box was slightly squashed, but I don't suspect anything untoward. Home network stopped working 10 minutes into first use, but back working again now. Will blame it on the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

kgarvey wrote: »
    Been looking at this Tablet for a while... I got it for €360 in store. €100 off for black Friday and another €40 off any Android over €299 I think it was.

I also got the 2 years cover for €99 which covers for anything. Broken screen viruses anything.

There was another deal added to. Make anti virus plus 1 year cloud storage for €30 extra with the tablet. Normally mc afee is €99 and cloud storage is €40. Anti virus can be installed on as many devices as you wish.

So I'm completely covered for less than I was going to okay for tablet. My total was €488.

Nice story. Basically, you are a salesperson's dream customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Techmaster wrote: »
    Nice story. Basically, you are a salesperson's dream customer.

Yeah I'm the dream customer... hmm let me see... you still can't get the tablet at the price I got it for. The salesman got me more off on black Friday than I was supposed to pay. I got it insured which thank god I did as my daughter dropped the tablet and smashed the s teen.

Ohhh the most important part the price I paid after all the extras was till cheaper than EVERYWHERE else th a t was selling it then and now (well the last time i looked at the price anyway)..

Dream customer or a great deal.. you decide but I'm happly out with what I got.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm the dream customer... hmm let me see... you still can't get the tablet at the price I got it for. The salesman got me more off on black Friday than I was supposed to pay. I got it insured which thank god I did as my daughter dropped the tablet and smashed the s teen.

Ohhh the most important part the price I paid after all the extras was till cheaper than EVERYWHERE else th a t was selling it then and now (well the last time i looked at the price anyway)..

Dream customer or a great deal.. you decide but I'm happly out with what I got.

I got one today brand new for €215 in GameStop http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057478577&page=4 :P

All those add-ons you bought cost the store next to nothing. How do I know this? I work in a Curry's store as a rep for a computer brand. I see customers fall for this stuff everyday. :rolleyes:

That €99 price for McAfee LiveSafe is BS - Curry's buy them in for about a fiver each so they can include them in their sh!tty bundles.

I got one today brand new for €215 in GameStop http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057478577&page=4 :P

All those add-ons you bought cost the store next to nothing. How do I know this? I work in a Curry's store as a rep for a computer brand. I see customers fall for this stuff everyday. :rolleyes:

That €99 price for McAfee LiveSafe is BS - Curry's buy them in for about a fiver each so they can include them in their sh!tty bundles.

I paid €30 for the mcafee and cloud storage. I paid €99 for insurance and I used it getting screen fixed. It's still a great deal I got when the tablet was only out a few weeks maybe 2 months

I paid €30 for the mcafee and cloud storage. I paid €99 for insurance and I used it getting screen fixed. It's still a great deal I got when the tablet was only out a few weeks maybe 2 months

Just checked GameStop onlin and you got some deal compared to how much they are advertising

https://www.gamestop.ie/PC/Games/46488/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5

Just checked GameStop onlin and you got some deal compared to how much they are advertising

https://www.gamestop.ie/PC/Games/46488/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5

Using their free membership card gets you it half price. Signed up in store when buying it. Delighted, absolute bargain. Gorgeous screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Using their free membership card gets you it half price. Signed up in store when buying it. Delighted, absolute bargain. Gorgeous screen!

I got one too at 215, bargain, picked up an iPad 4 also for the missus for 185, also a bargain ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Do you have to sign up in store or will online work as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

all stock has been cleared out of gamestops nationwide by now, you've missed the boast on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone pick up a 128gb IPad Air?

Advertisement