Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 €360 Currys

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

5500 wrote: »
    I mailed the websales email address on monday but still havnt gotten a reply from them, so I wasted 10 minutes on the phone to customer service to be told they cant see irish orders and to mail the websales email address :)

Well I emailed them a query two weeks ago and they didn't bother their arse replying either.. so fcuk em!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Oh oh....

It looks like you might be on to something:

If you look on their Facebook page there's lots of angry comments from customers about cancelled black friday orders due to unexpected demand. Seems to be only iPods when it comes to the comments I've seen but it doesn't look good :( Apparently they haven't issued refunds either.

I really regret not just picking one up in store for the 35 euro more...

I saw those comments earlier and it did nothing to cheer me up. All we can do is wait and hope to have our money back soon. People are going mad on FB but the refunds do take time. Even if they refund your card today you might not have it back for a few days.

Very bad publicity for Curry's though, no direct number to Irish sales, no way of contacting a store other than going in, Irish FB page run by people with no access to Irish sales records(????). Very poor showing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Yeah I still hope that it's just Apple orders as they seem to be restrictive on those things. Apparently they're on top of these things because they feel that special offers undermine the perceived value of their products.

I never get why Irish branches of large chains are always run so differently. It's not just currys/pcworld, if you look at ones like B&Q, HMV, Maplin etc, usually you will often see the prices only in pounds, Irish stores not coming up in the store search, online stock checkers not working, 'reserve & pickup' not working etc etc. As if they're run by a bunch of cowboys who are just paying for the franchise name. I don't like it because it gives a feeling of being viewed as a second-rate customer.

Yeeehaa!!! DPD email received!

Order still processing on the Curry's website though.

Delivery today between 10am amd 12!

Wow, DPD are really quick!

I think it may be true Apple is forcing them to cancel orders to preserve the 'exclusive' image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Out for delivery!
    Thanks again op

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The Venetian

My online order is also still pending since Friday morning. I got a security call on the Saturday from a uk currys number wanting to perform a security check on my bona fides. They told me everything ok. Initially the debit appeared on my online banking, but was gone on Monday morning, meaning the merchant cancelled it. Question is why - either because of delay or because I am not one of the chosen one's. I too emailed websales on Monday and Wednesday - no reply. I also rang customer services to get the same drivel about contacting the email address. That should be indication enough about customer services levels; all part of the faceless race to the bottom.
    Somewhat relieved to find this thread - misery loves company. Glad some of you have had positive outcome. Just want to know one way or other at this stage. Will be very upset if cancelled and then Argos price goes back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Daith wrote: »
    Out for delivery!
    Thanks again op

Ditto! Looking forward to getting it now!

Thanks OP! Great piece of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ptyloch wrote: »
    Delivery today between 10am amd 12!

Wow, DPD are really quick!

I think it may be true Apple is forcing them to cancel orders to preserve the 'exclusive' image.

Price fixing is illegal manufactyrers can only suggest a retail price

• Advertisement

Mine's out for delivery too :D

Unfortunately I'm not home but I can pick it up from the depot I think.

For those that did get it: Was it ok and new (e.g. not a refurb or open box item?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Mine's out for delivery too :D

Unfortunately I'm not home but I can pick it up from the depot I think.

For those that did get it: Was it ok and new (e.g. not a refurb or open box item?)

Brand new and so sleek :)

Now I need to pay more money to be a cover for it

Now I need to pay more money to be a cover for it

I got the Logitech type s off Amazon for c. 90 Euro. Looks good, even minus the pending tablet.

There's also a nice matching keyboard cover from Samsung, that also acts as a case and a stand. The EJ-CT800. Quite expensive for what it is though! If anyone sees any bargains on it please let me know :P

I also like the official book cover but it's also quite expensive for what it is. I actually like the popper attachment points at the back, it offers some possibilities of custom attachments.

I'm thinking of 3D printing a plastic bracket for it to hang it on the back of an airplane seat so I don't have to hold it up while watching a move on a business trip. Those poppers would work quite nicely I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

There's also a nice matching keyboard cover from Samsung, that also acts as a case and a stand. The EJ-CT800. Quite expensive for what it is though! If anyone sees any bargains on it please let me know :P

I got the tab 2 10.1 version of this a while back and it's a lovely bit of kit, not sure whether the current version is a bargain or not, but certainly a lot less than the Samsung keyboard!

I wasn't so lucky :( Just picked it up from DPD and it's clearly an open box model.

The Samsung seal was broken, there's only some protective foil on one of the sides, not all, and two scratches on one of the sides. There's no scratches on the screen so I assume it was a customer return, not a store demo.

I watched some unboxing videos, in my case the charger and cable just thrown loose in the box, no paperworks in it, only 1 brown warranty card. In the videos there's a small brown packet with a paper wrapper around it.

It came from the Czech republic strange enough, it was wiped clean (factory reset). I wonder would there be any way to see the 'running hours' on it?

I still think I'll keep it if there's nothing wrong with it but I was hoping for a brand new one :( The price was ok of course. So I think I'll just keep it, but it's not what I expected. Luckily it was not meant to be a present.

I wasn't so lucky :( Just picked it up from DPD and it's clearly an open box model.

The Samsung seal was broken, there's only some protective foil on one of the sides, not all, and two scratches on one of the sides. There's no scratches on the screen so I assume it was a customer return, not a store demo.

I watched some unboxing videos, in my case the charger and cable just thrown loose in the box, no paperworks in it, only 1 brown warranty card. In the videos there's a small brown packet with a paper wrapper around it.

It came from the Czech republic strange enough, it was wiped clean (factory reset). I wonder would there be any way to see the 'running hours' on it?

I still think I'll keep it if there's nothing wrong with it but I was hoping for a brand new one :( The price was ok of course. So I think I'll just keep it, but it's not what I expected. Luckily it was not meant to be a present.

How do you know it came from Czech republic and that it was wiped?

Maybe I'm being naive but these were sold as New. How can they legally send you a used device?

How do you know it came from Czech republic and that it was wiped?

Czech rep: it was in the sender's address field on the parcel :)

Wiped: not sure if it was but I meant that if it had been used someone had taken care to wipe it again. Like in a refurbishment process.

Maybe I'm being naive but these were sold as New. How can they legally send you a used device?

Exactly! That's why I feel a bit taken back as well. It's probably fine but it's not what I expected.

Was thinking of bringing it to the store and asking for a new one but I feel like a nitpicker :) besides, I can't prove it wasn't me who opened it.

• Advertisement

Exactly! That's why I feel a bit taken back as well. It's probably fine but it's not what I expected.

Was thinking of bringing it to the store and asking for a new one but I feel like a nitpicker :) besides, I can't prove it wasn't me who opened it.

Not a hope I'd accept a used device from them. You're well within your rights to go back with it.

What does it say about returning - i.e. to whom?

What does it say about returning - i.e. to whom?

It says it can be returned by post or to a store. But that's for a refund, not sure if it can be exchanged there also.

And thanks WeleaseWoderick! I'm just not that assertive :) I'll sleep on it, the shop's closed now anyway and I will check the device out thoroughly. At the least I'll complain by mail to the websales dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You should bring it back , with. Broken seals it won't e covered under warranty

It could even be loaded with dodgy spying software

ted1 wrote: »
    You should bring it back , with. Broken seals it won't e covered under warranty

It could even be loaded with dodgy spying software

Thanks! But it's the seal on the box I meant, not on the device itself! (In fact I see no seals on it). I have no reason to assume the device was opened.

But yes that crossed my mind too, though I did do another factory reset on it.

Still pending. Anyone else, or is it just me?

Still pending. Anyone else, or is it just me?

The system they use seems to be completely mad, my order is still showing 'processing' and no delivery date, yet I received my tablet on Wednesday!

Looks like I received a used one as well, no foil anywhere, all the other Samsung phones or tablets I bought always had protective foil on them. I will be sending a complaint to them but don't expect much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Return it and ask for a new, sealed replacement.

If that gets you nowhere get a full refund.

No way would I accept an open-box or unsealed item. False advertising and not as described come into play here. Unacceptable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Finally got my money refunded (a week after placing the order). It seems they were able to "intercept" DPD and cancel the delivery. Got plenty of "sorry for inconvenience" but no actual explanation of what happened.

In any case, the one I collected in-store is still sitting at home un-opened! I'm determined to wait till Christmas day! :D Although after reading the comments here I'm curious if it is a pre-used one!

I did some research on cases and decided to go for this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LM4N8E8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02

It wraps the sides as well as any other case. There are more possible viewing angles. Also this stand design might be a bit sturdier than the one where the cover folds back into a triangle behind the tablet.

• Advertisement

My order status changed from pending to processing on Fri/Sat. It hasn't' changed since. Baby steps I guess. Really curious to know what the currys process is that goes on in the background, but I reckon if I did find out, the stupidity of it would make me want to claw my brain out of my skull.

Advertisement