Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Happy 30th Birthday W124 ....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    Gratuitous shot of one of mine. I have an Azurite blue one for sale at the moment, just had it's paint sorted too
    Attachment not found.

How much it cost to sort paint? Paintwork on mine a disaster, scratches everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

If its only scratches, get a detailer to look at it!

Repaint for something like that would cost €3k max depending on the body work requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

newcar2016 wrote: »
    How much it cost to sort paint? Paintwork on mine a disaster, scratches everywhere.

I put about €6k into this one. I replaced all seals, grommets, rear window, under bonnet plastics and God knows what else. Parts from the dealer are cheap and the bodyshop stripped it completely. Your car will have rust around the grommets in the rear arch and where the bumper hangers attach to the inner wing. My car was worth doing as it's a one owner car with a full dealer history.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    I put about €6k into this one. I replaced all seals, grommets, rear window, under bonnet plastics and God knows what else. Parts from the dealer are cheap and the bodyshop stripped it completely. Your car will have rust around the grommets in the rear arch and where the bumper hangers attach to the inner wing. My car was worth doing as it's a one owner car with a full dealer history.

Did you get the work done in Cork? If so can I ask who did the work?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

I did most of the work myself apart from the paint. I used a couple of Polish lads next to where I work. They properly gutted the car and I was pleased with the results

• Advertisement
Advertisement