Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Dublin Porter & West Indies Porter - anyone tried them?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Trond wrote: »
    Ias they are usually €2.50 each.

Even that's cheap enough as IIRC, I've generally seen it at over 3 quid unless it's on offer.

Like I said, for a go-to porter in your local offie, it's nice enough at 6%, especially compared to the likes of Dublin porter even though I'd usually plump for Leann Follain in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Aldi will have both porters available next Thurs (11th june), priced at €2.29 a bottle. it seems to be a special buy rather than a regular stock item. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,219 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The West Indies is decent but unspectacular. I think what the creation and distribution of these beers mean for the industry is far more interesting than the beers themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,238 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I can see them both being discontinued fairly sharpish and dumping stock in Aldi is an indication of that.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dregin wrote: »
    Ah now, Guinness Foreign Extract is pretty great. Far better than The West Indies porter, in my opinion.

Had a bottle earlier. It's actually pretty good. Didn't realize it was 7.5% either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

anncoates wrote: »
    Had a bottle earlier. It's actually pretty good. Didn't realize it was 7.5% either.

Very underrated imo. The export version you get in Belgium is even better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

anncoates wrote: »

Picked up a few in Dunnes earlier, €2.55 a bottle. Wont be hitting them tonight though!!

Advertisement