Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All I want for Christmas is....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

As gifts from people, I love getting gear that I'd never "treat" myself to... For example last year, my brother got me Rapha arm warmers. I already had cheaper arm warmers, but the fact that you are getting a 'luxury' gift that you can use over and over is something that I enjoy.

Smaller accessories are a safer bet as a gift. Any main clothing (shorts, jerseys, cycling jackets, running shoes etc) for under €50 either won't be much use or won't feel like a great gift to the person. Stick with gloves, running hats/visors etc. Have you looked at any of the sports directed headphones on the market? Check out a company called Yurbuds. Most of the manufacturers have them to suit all budgets, these are just a brand I happen to have at the moment.

Is it a male or female? New to tri or seasoned semi-pro? I know when I was starting out there were loads of things I wanted but was too cheap to buy in the beginning, but when I finally got my hands on them I realised I was mad not to get them sooner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

Ill look for "luxury" quality smaller items or maybe that grid roller that looks cool, i dont know how seriously he's into the triathlon training, but he is into general fitness so ill look for something that will suit running/cycling/swimming individually, thanks for the input some great ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Christkindle, taken from Christkind - the Christ child.

Kris Kringle was a movie character from the original Miracle on 34th street. How the two get mixed up in the minds of Americans is astonishing :) but whatever about the states the reference has no meaning in Ireland or Europe :)

Kris Kringle in my mind makes me think of spicy festive pringles for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Wouldn't that be worth a punt. I picked up some Starbucks "Christmas blend" coffee over the weekend, they run it for Dec and Jan usually and it's really good. Hints of mince, mulberry, cloves etc. €7 a packet though, compared to the usual €3.50 fare - however like the old rule says, never skimp on coffee, breakfast cereal, or loo roll ;)

Inchiuvatu, voucher for the buddy in Oz perhaps? Might be tricky trying to get an inventory of what he already has/doesn't have but some stocking fillers that spring to mind - depending on climate hats and gloves are always welcome as we lose them all the time (does it get cold in WA?). Can never have enough consumables for the bike (tyres, tubes, patches, levers etc) - although not a sexy present. Running gilet, roadID bracelet, Trainer Road subscription, swim analysis / VO2 test voucher, overshoes for the bike, swim booties/cap, tab with his local coffee shop on the long cycles?

I guess we could nearly find an excuse to use anything we got, I am forever losing stuff, swim toys, bike stuff, running tops etc.

Advertisement