Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All I want for Christmas is....

Options
  • 25-11-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭

I thought it might be fun to share some triathlon related Christmas gifts - best and/or worst gifts received and given....and maybe some ideas of what folks want from Santa this year. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

*gets paper and pen*

;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

we do kris kringle with my folks so the last few years my lbs has done a 2 for one voucher so i've gone that route, 50 euro voucher(limit for our gifts) gets 100 euros credit in the shop

two years ago my wife got me a winter cycling jacket from dhb(wiggle), love that thing. last year i got a new road helmet, lovely spuik

this year, not sure. am about to have my first article in print so bit of unexpected cash my way so treated myself to a new turbo and some new bits. that's left me a bit short on ideas for xmas pressies, so i'm probably going to go non sport related (gasp!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

A years supply of nappies, and an endless pool for the shed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

BTH wrote: »

Don't forget some sleep :pac:

I was talking to someone last week that got an entry for an IM as a birthday present. Not Christmas I know but a good gift all the same.

As for myself, where to start.......legs & lungs :D

• Advertisement

ah bless, you think they are out of nappies in a year? :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My worst every present was a dyson vacuum cleaner. Not tri related, but so bad it deserves a mention, surely? I thought it was something BRILLIANT, cos the box was so big. But it was a dyson. :(

I have a list as long as my arm of stuff I would like, unfortunately, Santa never seems to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oryx wrote: »
    My worst every present was a dyson vacuum cleaner. Not tri related, but so bad it deserves a mention, surely? I thought it was something BRILLIANT, cos the box was so big. But it was a dyson. :(

I have a list as long as my arm of stuff I would like, unfortunately, Santa never seems to get it.

Good god, a vacuum cleaner?? "And the award for best actress in a comedy or horror show goes to...." ;) But, oh do tell, what kinds of things are on your list that Santa never seems to get? :D

Any presents that are superlative in nature, tri/multi sport related or not, toss 'em here for entertainment value.

And by the way, what are "nappies"? Diapers??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

pgibbo wrote: »
    I was talking to someone last week that got an entry for an IM as a birthday present. Not Christmas I know but a good gift all the same.

Last week was your birthday - were you talking to yourself again?

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Good god, a vacuum cleaner?? "And the award for best actress in a comedy or horror show goes to...." ;) But, oh do tell, what kinds of things are on your list that Santa never seems to get? :D

Any presents that are superlative in nature, tri/multi sport related or not, toss 'em here for entertainment value.

And by the way, what are "nappies"? Diapers??
    Nappies = Napkins = Diapers

All I want for Christmas is:

A power meter. Any kind, Im not fussy if youre buying.
    Socks. A triathlete can never have too many socks.
    A new seat to replace my evil Adamo.
    Castelli Gabba.
    A comprehensive bike fit for my Argon, with new components as desired.
    A week at Training Camp.
    A box of powerbar Ride
    A new wetsuit.

Oh, and a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I got strava premium last year so hence will need it again this year when it runs out ;-) Could also do with a 2015 Cervelo S5 Dura Ace Di2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

pgibbo wrote: »

I got an entry to my first sprint this year for my birthday!!
    As to what I want for Christmas, being new to the sport and all....I'd say new pair of runners..have two pairs and badly need new pairs.....a new bike would be nice (don't think Santa has that kind of money this year.....but I think I am due a new one with the bike to work scheme...better check)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

i presume whoever gave said dyson ended up in A&E getting it removed from a region of there body that rhymes with pole:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I got a second hand garden gnome for my 21st from a relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

a brother in law was a distributor for cycling clothes and shoes and helmets and that type stuff for a while so got some good xmas pressies out of that..
    last year did well got new turbo , ended up with a free second hand treadmill , tops , shorts and books, if your active at all it makes life very easy for anyone buying for you..
    this year i have told the 3 buying for me to split the cost of the orange brooks adrenalines between them... im presuming theyl be in stock by xmas akw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Still ? just get off the turbo for the loo like everyone else ;)

catweazle wrote: »
    Last week was your birthday - were you talking to yourself again?

Certain. :D For that I got some cool gifts but the best 2 were a ski trip to Les Deux Alpes and a cool ski jacket and salopettes :cool:

Nappies = Napkins = Diapers

All I want for Christmas is:

A power meter. Any kind, Im not fussy if youre buying.
    Socks. A triathlete can never have too many socks.
    A new seat to replace my evil Adamo.
    Castelli Gabba.
    A comprehensive bike fit for my Argon, with new components as desired.
    A week at Training Camp.
    A box of powerbar Ride
    A new wetsuit.

Oh, and a surprise.

going light this year???:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

The ability to swim. I'm in a triathlon club to train for adventure races, but it would be nice to join the others in the club at races. Roll on lessons in January.

mossym wrote: »
    going light this year???:D:D:D
    Its all for nothing. Santa never comes anymore, I guess Im on the naughty list. :(

• Advertisement

Its all for nothing. Santa never comes anymore, I guess Im on the naughty list. :(

if you have to narrow it down, i have a pm and a gabba, they'd be my choice...

you need to inadvertently leave this page open on a screen where it would be seen at home..:)

Maybe its being in Amsterdam but this is triggering all sorts of suggestive thoughts............

tunney wrote: »
    Maybe its being in Amsterdam but this is triggering all sorts of suggestive thoughts............

here you go...

http://www.fancydresshire.ie/seasonal/santa-deluxe

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

Hi All, hope ye dont mind im poking my head in to try get gift advise for a KK, thought it better post in here than start a new tread about something very similar, the gift is up to €50 and the only hint i got was "Triathlon gear"... the person is in Western Australia, so it will be hot.
    i cant run 100 meters without huffing and puffing so i thought i would ask for expert advice
    my two ideas were fitness tracker or hydration belt.. but from reading reviews and opinions i'd need to spend a fair bit more for a good fitness tracker and the hydration belt could be more hassle for the person training.

Any ideas or opinions?

Grid roller? (google it). i know akw does them but not sure he ships to austrailia

old dependables, bodyglide, proper running socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Don't know what a "KK" is. ??

But things that get used over and over again....water bottle for the bike, gels/goos/power bars/electrolyte drink mixes (if you know their brand(s)!), sun cream, bento bag, swim caps, pool/beach towel, fun colored shoe laces, fun head band....

Kastus Kateralis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Either a 'K' short of a whole load of trouble or Kris Kindle / Secret Santa ;)

Kris Kringle, aka secret santa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Christkindle, taken from Christkind - the Christ child.

Kris Kringle was a movie character from the original Miracle on 34th street. How the two get mixed up in the minds of Americans is astonishing :) but whatever about the states the reference has no meaning in Ireland or Europe :)

Advertisement