Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No insurance + No license + Drunk + No Lights on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Strider wrote: »
    But this fine wagon requires the keys and a screwdriver..adds to the hi-larity.

I don't know the mechanism of it, but apparently there is some kind of screw or wire under wheel where he needs screw driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, first of all: Swear to god I didn't do it (I tend to do stupid things but not this much), it's about my friend, she acted very stupid now doesn't know what will happen to her.

Basically 3 of my friends were hanging out in Bray in a pub, then one of friends left (owner of car) and two left. Two girls - they were very drunk, they saw car was open so they didn't know what to do since owner left.

Instead of just sitting in car or leaving it they decided it would be brilliant to deliver car home.
    Around the corner thank god they were stopped by Garda (Thank god because I am pretty sure once they would reach speed they could've caused crash).

So what is she gonna face? (The driver)

Conditions:
    1) Very Drunk.
    2) No license or never held a license (pretty much doesn't know how to drive, but it's automatic car so she probably figured it out)
    3) No insurance obviously.
    4) No lights on.
    5) Lives in Ireland on Visa.

So is she gonna be jailed? Face heavy fine? Lifetime driving ban? Deportation?

I was asked to help and find out what's her worst case and best case scenario.

Thank You.
    What do you mean wind up? If you think it's me then honestly no. I don't really drive anymore.
    Seriously this isn't a wind up, I am seriously asking, if you think it's wind up - imagine it's not.
    What's the worst case for her?
    You may think what I am about to say is confirmation it's a wind up, but as silly as it sounds - it's not.

The car is 1995 3 series, it has broken ignition, in order to start it up - you just need to put key into ignition turn it to switch on position and then use screwdriver under steering wheel to start it up.

I am not sure why steering lock doesn't work there.
    I could vaguely call that a "car" then again I am nowhere near a car expert (as many know)

As far as I know my friend always has keys with him and screw driver in car. But I guess owner of car gave keys to that girl that night.

Also shes Ukrainian on Visa here.

Seriously OP?
    So said friend drives to the pub, I'll assume he got drunk as well and decided to leave the keys to his car (which sounds like a ****box) to this foreigner. Then he explained the process of starting the car to a drunk foreigner in case she decided to drive the car home?
    The girl decides to bring the car home and is able to remember exactly how to start it only for the police to be waiting around the corner.
    If this story is true and I seriously doubt it is then I would expect a nice fine to this idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

bear1 wrote: »
    Seriously OP?
    So said friend drives to the pub, I'll assume he got drunk as well and decided to leave the keys to his car (which sounds like a ****box) to this foreigner. Then he explained the process of starting the car to a drunk foreigner in case she decided to drive the car home?
    The girl decides to bring the car home and is able to remember exactly how to start it only for the police to be waiting around the corner.
    If this story is true and I seriously doubt it is then I would expect a nice fine to this idiot.

Well that girl is owners girlfriend, he taught her few times how to drive so I assume that's how she knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

poster3789450.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,619 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This post has been deleted.

Maybe Arleitiss' mates made it to Galway, was there a screwdriver found at the scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If the Garda ran out of ink or notepaper writing it all down that could be another charge.

For a minute I thought I was on AH :D
    Btw lads does anyone know how to track down a unicorn? Bastard of a thing I gave a lift to last night ended up robbing my Ford Model T.
    Just before it kicked me out of the car I stuck a gps sender onto it's horn (uuu cheeky) but it yelled at me with a weird satan voice.
    Anyway long story short I burnt my toast for breakfast so how do I Jennifer Aniston to sleep with me?

Well that girl is owners girlfriend, he taught her few times how to drive so I assume that's how she knows.

Ara feck off now with this ****e.
    Why in the name of God would you ask a forum what possible punishments such a number of offences would give?? Go to a lawyer for Christ sake.
    If it's the girlfriend why didn't she just ring her "boyfriend" to get her or call her a taxi?
    You didn't seem to mention that at the beginning, you gave the illusion that they are all friends. Utter rubbish.

God damn it, this just proves my life is full of wonders, every thread I make serious or ask it ends up derailed or unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

2) No license or never held a license (pretty much doesn't know how to drive, but it's automatic car so she probably figured it out)
    scenario.
    For shame, at least try to keep the story straight for longer than 2 and a bit pages :(

God damn it, this just proves my life is full of wonders, every thread I make serious or ask it ends up derailed or unbelievable.

Nah, it just proves you've got nothing interesting to talk about.

Stheno wrote: »
    For shame, at least try to keep the story straight for longer than 2 and a bit pages :(

I didn't specify all side details since I mean law breaking is law breaking, and charge is a charge, I assume if you are charged for not having license and never driven is same as for not having license and driven a bit.

OP, where is the car now out of curiosity?

bear1 wrote: »
    OP, where is the car now out of curiosity?

Impounded in Shankill.

Sorry OP, I just can't believe such a story.
    If true go and get legal advise and not from a forum. Scratch that, tell her to go and get legal advice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Impounded in Shankill.

You/your friend won't get it back without a large fee to be paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Theft of a vehicle, driving whilst intoxicated and uninsured. Along with a myriad of driving offences.
    Sure why wouldn't a judge extend her visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Impounded in Shankill.

If she was caught in Bray, and was only driving around the corner. Why is it impounded in
    Shankill and not Bray?!

deco nate wrote: »
    If she was caught in Bray, and was only driving around the corner. Why is it impounded in
    Shankill and not Bray?!

No impound in Bray, think it's Irishtown, Shankill, and Finglas that they have the impounds in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Stheno wrote: »
    No impound in Bray, think it's Irishtown, Shankill, and Finglas that they have the impounds in?

They used to keep them at the side of the cop shop. Must have changed.

I could be wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

If this is true the girl is probably looking at a 2 year ban for no insurance, 3 years for drink driving and a couple of grand in fines. (Not sure if bans would run concurrently or consecutively). The part that's making me lean towards this being true is the "no lights" part. You'd be amazed at the number of drink drivers who get caught for drink driving simply because they forgot to turn on the lights. On it's own, driving without lights would be seen by a garda as a pretty minor offence which can happen to the best of us in well lit up areas, so it seems a little odd that if the op was making this up he would think to include it in a list of far more serious offences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Shur, she'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If she goes to court wearing her best tracksuit and offers to pay 3 euros a month then it will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

Is she your girlfriend, arleitiss ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You know, this tale is so daft that I actually believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Forget the offence of no Insurance or the stupidity of driving whilst drunk its the driving with no lights (or one light) which is the worst offence of all........bloody ejits never using their lights......its a disgrace Joe.......:pac:

All dues to the OP it is a good story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Worst case scenario: she's charged with all those offences.

Best case: she's charged with none of them.

Middle case: she's charged with some, and not others.

That was tough to work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

Cars impounded in Bray go to Kelly's in Kilmacanogue. Did this happen Sunday night?

Advertisement