Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Has this programme improved since Williams' departure?

I stayed with it for a while when Cuddihy came on board, but his banal, PC views (where do they get these people? Is there a cupboard full of them in Newstalk headquarters; when one of them leaves another one is rolled out with the exact same opinions) were a turn off.

I like Coleman but he seems to be getting weaselier (is that a word?) as he gets older; never really offering a concrete view on anything, always afraid to upset a certain interest group

I've been a radio junkie for as long as I remember but I find the programmes on offer these days to be generally awful.

It's as bad if.not.worse. it's like a daily lecture from these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

First time in a while listening to "Quinny" this morning. Amongst the highlights were:

"they now have 8 wons in a row" (wins)
    "which changed the complexity of the game" (complexion)

Coleman: Connacht were playing well, but they were outmuscled by Gloucester
    Quinny: Yeah they were doing ok but then they were outmuscled by Gloucester

I've said it more than once, he's a joke. Completely out of his depth in what should be a p*ss easy segment reading results or offering some very topline "analysis" of the weekend's sport. The fact that it's a conversation with Coleman or Cuddihy rather than him doing it solo shows how bad he truly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

tototoe wrote: »
    It's as bad if.not.worse. it's like a daily lecture from these two.

Coleman is a pontificating c*nt. He's always got a hair up his arse about something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

First time in a while listening to "Quinny" this morning. Amongst the highlights were:

I've said it more than once, he's a joke. Completely out of his depth in what should be a p*ss easy segment reading results or offering some very topline "analysis" of the weekend's sport. The fact that it's a conversation with Coleman or Cuddihy rather than him doing it solo shows how bad he truly is.

He's bad alright, but far from the worst thing about this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cutelad

Cuddihy is a total joke. A secret Green party lover..... His latest ban turf..... No solution to what replaces it..... Dear god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

I actually feel sorry for him. I tuned in the other day for the first time in a long time and he's still way out of his depth. It's obvious that he has absolutely no interest in any sport that isn't rugby.

Why do they make him give a monologue on the weekend's premier league action?

Are they trying to embarrass the poor lad?

Free Quinlan!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

cutelad wrote: »
    Cuddihy is a total joke. A secret Green party lover..... His latest ban turf..... No solution to what replaces it..... Dear god

Just about any cleaner energy source?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

What’s with Coleman’s puns? It’s not funny. It’s not ironic. It’s not so bad it’s funny. It’s just pointless and makes him look a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

He is a fool, despite his opinion of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

meeeeh wrote: »
    Just about any cleaner energy source?

Might not be as much an issue in the open country but Dublin and I resume any built up area is nuts with smoke in the air. Yesterday pretty bad given calmer day but that smoke isn't disappearing once it goes up the chimney.

And to hear TDs moan "what will people do" really grinds my gears - you're a TD, how about you do your job rather than looking to a radio presenter for answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

The lads are thoroughly depressed this morning. It's hilarious. Go Boris!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The lads are thoroughly depressed this morning. It's hilarious. Go Boris!
    :)

They were trying to talk about anything bar the election. You'd be guaranteed wall to wall coverage if the result went another way. I had to switch over to Mourning Ireland to get any sort of decent coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Really enjoyed this morning's show. They were talking about Christmas movies. They read out a text someone sent in about The Sound Of Music and I nearly pissed myself.

There was a couple of other comments which were funny too. I got a few laughs on the way to work!

Cuddihy was at his woke SJW PC libtard worst this morning when interviewing Niall Ring on the issue of commemorating the RIC and the Black and Tans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

Cuddihy was at his woke SJW PC libtard worst this morning when interviewing Niall Ring on the issue of commemorating the RIC and the Black and Tans.
    Thank fuk I don't tune in anymore. Couldn't take any more of their sh¡te. They used to put me in bad form listening to them on my way to work. Absolute muppets!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Me: Surely things can't get worse after Paul Williams.

Newstalk: Hold my beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Is 'woke SJW PC libtard' just a phrase you apply to people who you don't agree with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

Phoebas wrote: »
    Is 'woke SJW PC libtard' just a phrase you apply to people who you don't agree with?
    If you ever heard Cuddihy, then that would be the EXACT phrase to be applied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

It’s a phrase that generally applies to bedwetting cucks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I'll be honest... You using those type of words has you coming out of this sounding far worse than Cuddihy.

• Advertisement

That's how how these interviews work. Not much of an interview if it's just Cuddihy & Ring stroking themselves off to completion about how poor a decision this commemoration is. Cuddihy had to challenge Ring (who could have done better), otherwise what's the point?

(The commemoration is a poor idea, most people myself include seem to think so. I'd guess Cuddihy also thinks so.)

woke SJW PC libtard
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Ring couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag. But Cuddihy was just being his usual snide 'I know better than you' self during the interview.
    Terrible stuff on what should have a been an interesting debate

Not at all. It's I suspect the first time I've ever used it in all of my 24,500+ posts in the Radio Forum. As predictable as your reply was I am surprised you left out "Ok boomer".

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

I'll be honest... You using those type of words has you coming out of this sounding far worse than Cuddihy.
    Its a result of watching far too many youtube videos.

BillyBird wrote: »
    That's how how these interviews work. Not much of an interview if it's just Cuddihy & Ring stroking themselves off to completion about how poor a decision this commemoration is. Cuddihy had to challenge Ring (who could have done better), otherwise what's the point?

(The commemoration is a poor idea, most people myself include seem to think so. I'd guess Cuddihy also thinks so.)

Au contraire, Cuddihy was all for it. His portrayal of the RIC and the Black & Tans was of the jolly bobbies whistling their way around Ireland twirling their batons and saying "off to school with you, you rascals" type. Then he very snidely and curtly cut across Ring twice with "What about the atrocities the IRA committed?". Whataboutery at it's finest.

In your opinion, perhaps.

3 weeks of no commentary on the Newstalk Breakfast page (which is more the norm than the exception these days) and the use of the phrase "woke SJW PC libtard" generates a slew of outrage and visits (some of the usual faces but many first timers - interesting, couldn't possibly be co-ordinated could it? :rolleyes:) from the.............well, fill in the blanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

3 weeks of no commentary on the Newstalk Breakfast page (which is more the norm than the exception these days) and the use of the phrase "woke SJW PC libtard" generates a slew of outrage and visits (some of the usual faces but many first timers - interesting, couldn't possibly be co-ordinated could it? :rolleyes:) from the.............well, fill in the blanks.

Yes, your ideas are a threat to us, so we organised a coordinated response.

Jaysus, you think a lot of yourself if you think anybody is coordinating a response to your posts.

You get pushback from me because I hate the idea of this American nonsense getting any foothold in Ireland. The yanks are welcome to it.

• Advertisement

BillyBird wrote: »
    Jaysus, you think a lot of yourself if you think anybody is coordinating a response to your posts.

You get pushback from me because I hate the idea of this American nonsense getting any foothold in Ireland. The yanks are welcome to it.

It's happened before - as verified by the mods actually.

Re. your second point, can you not see that's what I'm having a go at too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement