Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 13 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Didn't know Colo had any chance!

Bony, Jed and Terry looks good. Might be tempted to go-8 meself. If fact, I think I'd probably wildcard!

I began looking at Andi Weimann, great set of fixtures and the shackles could be off with Roy gone :)

Time for a cuppa I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Didn't know Colo had any chance!

Bony, Jed and Terry looks good. Might be tempted to go-8 meself. If fact, I think I'd probably wildcard!

bony and terry have entered my team for -8
    hazard will be following tomorrow evening
    just hope I don't miss out on his mega haul .......cos there is one imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have been bit unlucky with keepers last 3 weeks - wasting 2 transfers on them.

Really need one of Baines, Duff or Wilson to play tomorrow, no one sticking out as worth doing -4, and other parts of my team need surgery next few GW's so don't want to invest money in bank into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

HAd two FT this week

Made the move on Pelle -> Austin after the match on Monday and have sat on my extra transfer until now! Have had it in my head to bring Azpil in all week and I'm still going to. the problem I'm having is whether i should transfer out Duff or Chambers for him! The idea being to get Sigurdsson back in asap.

I can either do Duff -> Azpil and hope Downing starts and transfer out Wisdom for Yun and Downing for Sigurdsson next week for a 4 point hit but have to hipe prices don't rise as i just have enough now.

OR

Chambers -> Azpil and Downing -> Sigurdsson this week, still a 4 point hit but will have a bit extra in the bank.

Or

Take no hits make the Chambers to Azpil move and get Sigurdsson in in two GW time. Arsenal and West Ham both have ok fixtures in that time i suppose...

basically is it better to take a hit this week or next based on fixtures or just sit tight!???

Anyone with some words of wisdom?

I'd expect Downing to play. Big Sam yesterday..." "Stewart Downing and Cheik Kouyate are both training today. The rest of the injured players have got a chance but it's a slimmer chance than we expected."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'd expect Downing to play. Big Sam yesterday..." "Stewart Downing and Cheik Kouyate are both training today. The rest of the injured players have got a chance but it's a slimmer chance than we expected."

I saw that but even so, Downing against a Newcastle team that seem to be tightening up at the back or Sigurdsson against Palace.

• Advertisement

Right I'm going for Charlie Austin in tonight for Pelle. If I want to do something else I can do it tomorrow and if not at least I won't start on -4.

Both Bony and Siggy would potentially be asking for trouble.

Pelle -> Austin: DONE!

Farewell Graziano you magnificent man. Those 2 goals on your debut for me against Newcastle are still the highlight of my season. See you in January, friend :)

B3i5wibCcAALzzl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

A bit of help/advice needed:

Guzan Gilks
    Baines Duff Moore Dummett Clyne
    AdM Hazard Siggy Sanchez King
    Austin Rooney Costa

1 F/T, £1.7M i.t.b.

Concerns: Costa-->Aguero switch imminent. May need to make that move as soon as tomorrow evening, should Costa pick up that 5th yellow. Currently 0.2 short for this move, may become 0.3 should Aguero rise overnight. Immediate concerns are in defense; Moore not playing, Baines/Duff doubts, which may just leave me with 2 fit defenders, both of whom have tough fixtures. Anyone care to help a brother out? :p All I've come up with so far is Yun and Bartley in for Duff and Moore for a -4, which would tide me over with playing personell (short-term, at least, in Bartley's case), while leaving me the spare change for aforementioned possible Costa-->Augero move. Thoughts??? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bit the bullet. Bony in for Pelle. Despite having the injured duo of Baines and Duff (and a dodgy Chadli). This is the most anxious, worrying GW for me so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

What way should I go about picking two midfielders for 13.5m? Picking the strongest one possible, then fitting in a whatever I can? Or split it fairly equally? I could get anyone from 9m down, then Boyd or Ameobi to be an emergency sub. Or I could go for two from the Downing, Mirallas, Chadli, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain types and rotate as necessary. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

rosskind wrote: »
    What way should I go about picking two midfielders for 13.5m? Picking the strongest one possible, then fitting in a whatever I can? Or split it fairly equally? I could get anyone from 9m down, then Boyd or Ameobi to be an emergency sub. Or I could go for two from the Downing, Mirallas, Chadli, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain types and rotate as necessary. Thoughts?

Depends on formation and starting 11-
    Eg: 433 343 etc: id prob prefer a downing/ chadli combo on first glance. But in saying that sanchez + Fab/Hazard are close to must haves imo

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Think I'll be getting Cresswell in for Moore, decent run of fixtures for West Ham coming up. Austin in for Pelle also

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Went for the big four of Aguero, Costa, Fabregas and Sanchez who, along with Siggy, are certs. My front 7 will be completed by two of Kane and (at the minute) Downing and either Mane or Oxlade. I didn't really consider Chadli as I already have Kane. I'm thinking Kane and Oxlade would rotate but that's more of a defensive thing, I'm not sure that alone is a valid reason for picking attackers. Mane has a tough run of games. Mirallas is only back from injury and played twice in a week but has the nicest midweek fixture, which I need cause Kane's away to Chelsea. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

About to bring Terry in for Bertrand. Had thought about banking my 2nd ft but seeing as Soton are up against City can't see them keeping a cleanie and Chelsea could well get a cs at Suderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

done deal:

Pellè -» Austin
    Wilson -» Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Hamer to Elliott or
    Krul to green

Should I get rid of my non playing sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i did the very uninsprining transfer of mannone to krul earlier in the week before they both had price changes.
    i was tempted to get rid of baines as i now have been left with 2 cheap mids when i brought costa back last week but even if baines doesn't play today he has 2 vey nice home fixtures in his next 3 games so hopefully he plays them.
    might ditch pelle in the next gw, pity he didn't hold out for his price drop last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i did the very uninsprining transfer of mannone to krul earlier in the week before they both had price changes.
    i was tempted to get rid of baines as i now have been left with 2 cheap mids when i brought costa back last week but even if baines doesn't play today he has 2 vey nice home fixtures in his next 3 games so hopefully he plays them.
    might ditch pelle in the next gw, pity he didn't hold out for his price drop last night.

You haven't been posting much this year. How's it going for ya.

You haven't been posting much this year. How's it going for ya.

no i haven't got into it as much this year and it's showing, i'm 287,000 overall. I'm going to try post a bit more because it definetly helps to bounce ideas off people on here, for example, i sold fabregas last week to fund getting costa back in (at a hit), if i had have thought about it a bit more i would have held onto cesc, i've ended up with 2 cheap mids now and can't see a way of getting cesc back unless it's for di maria after united play stoke.
    There's a lot of points to be gained in the next 6 weeks so going to really focus and pay more attention.

how is your team doing?

no i haven't got into it as much this year and it's showing, i'm 287,000 overall. I'm going to try post a bit more because it definetly helps to bounce ideas off people on here, for example, i sold fabregas last week to fund getting costa back in (at a hit), if i had have thought about it a bit more i would have held onto cesc, i've ended up with 2 cheap mids now and can't see a way of getting cesc back unless it's for di maria after united play stoke.
    There's a lot of points to be gained in the next 6 weeks so going to really focus and pay more attention.

how is your team doing?

70k which im happy with as I was 850k after GW7. The costa phantom injury cost me big time. I don't have costa or adm today which is a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

4 point hit.

Bertrand and Pellé out. N. Taylor and Bony in.

Off the Southampton bus and onto the Swansea one I go :pac:

70k which im happy with as I was 850k after GW7. The costa phantom injury cost me big time. I don't have costa or adm today which is a concern.

ah well that's a drastic improvement over a short time, fair paly. I have a gut feeling ADM could score big today which is why I was so tempted to put him as captain but I've gone with costa instead.

You might get away with at least 1 of the 2 having a quiet day, I'll be reviewing ADM after the midweek game v stoke, he might have to make way for cesc or hazard.

At the moment my midfield/attack is
    Sanchez - ADM - Siggy - Brady - Boyd

Aguero - Costa - Pelle.
    defence isn't great although I do have Bertrand and baines. If baines is fit I'd like to keep him for the next 3 gameweeks at least but him and pelle might have to make way to improve the 4th midfield spot, I'm not comfortable with 2 bargain basement midfielders, I might look at bringing in a cheaper striker like kane for pelle and a cheaper defender for baines if I decide to hang onto ADM. (see even this is probably the most thought I've put into my team in the last month, I need to start posting again more :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Pelle -> Austin
    Duff -> Azpil

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Done Pelle to Austin earlier in the week and done Mannone to Green last night

ah well that's a drastic improvement over a short time, fair paly. I have a gut feeling ADM could score big today which is why I was so tempted to put him as captain but I've gone with costa instead.

You might get away with at least 1 of the 2 having a quiet day, I'll be reviewing ADM after the midweek game v stoke, he might have to make way for cesc or hazard.

At the moment my midfield/attack is
    Sanchez - ADM - Siggy - Brady - Boyd

Aguero - Costa - Pelle.
    defence isn't great although I do have Bertrand and baines. If baines is fit I'd like to keep him for the next 3 gameweeks at least but him and pelle might have to make way to improve the 4th midfield spot, I'm not comfortable with 2 bargain basement midfielders, I might look at bringing in a cheaper striker like kane for pelle and a cheaper defender for baines if I decide to hang onto ADM. (see even this is probably the most thought I've put into my team in the last month, I need to start posting again more :D)
    I have fab hazard and terry to offset the lack of no costa. ADM is the one Im more worried about. I got rooney in for the palace game and then sold him ahead of the arsenal game as he played CM against Palace. Id like to still have rooney today now as there must be a good chance of him starting up front.
    For yourself Pelle to austin and a cheapie to chadli. Or pelle to kane and a cheapie to oscar or fab with a downgrade of bertrand or baines.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Should I bench Chambers?

I currently have Duff, Bertrand & Dummett starting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Can u do pelle to Austin ings or Kane wellbeck to costa and Clyne to Collins for a minus 4.

Thks, went for something similar. Just couldn't quite fit it your way with the money. Appreciate the help. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pelle out Bony in for a hit?

Or give Pelle a chance against City?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lads, would you rather keep Baines or Clyne (I mean mid-term e.g. to the Jan WC at least) ?

Baines has 3 tasty home games (Hull, QPR, Stoke) but he'll play (presumably) top sides away and his away record to top sides is dire this year.

Clyne has a very tough home run coming (City, United, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal) and out his away one is not much better (Arsenal, Burnley, CP, United).

Seems like I've answered my own question. But I've a lot more money tied in Clyne which means if he goes he'll have to drop significantly to be brought back in if needed... And he's still rising, despite the tough run ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Pelle out Bony in for a hit?

Or give Pelle a chance against City?

I'd go for Bony. If it doesn't pay off this week, it could well do over the next 3 or 4.

Advertisement